Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 12s
Healey is giving jury the "Allen Charge" which basically makes them continue to deliberate to try to reach a verdict #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 21s
Judge thinks it's time to introduce the Allen charge. Going over deadlock instructions. - #MichaelDunn trial

nutshell

MD reported (when he finally was forced to report something by virtue of being contacted by LE) first that he shot in self defense. That they were coming at him despite witness accounts which state otherwise. He then reports that he was threatened with a gun or a gun like object. Again, witness accounts do not uphold this second account, including his girlfriend whom he also told the boys were advancing on him but not that they brandished a weapon.

I have also seen it being discussed that at some point MD stated he was firing above their heads in attempt to scare them. Someone in fear of their life and being threatened with a weapon does not fire impotent shots in the air above the heads of those attempting or threatening to shoot him with a visible shotgun. That action would do nothing to protect self and would only further enrage gun brandishing aggressors. Period.

I really hope this jury gets it right ad comes back with their verdict soon.

Getting antsy

BBM = reasonable doubt. I'm not convinced that MD plastered a vehicle with bullets without fear of being in danger. JMHO.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
I'm thinking the jurors may not be agreeing on something. #dunntrial #justahunch

wow ya think?

Right? Talk about stating the obvious :)

Is this because it is true or because he said it on the record?
The judge mentioned something about changes to jury instructions that were in progress during this trial. If the instructions are changed, does that mean any verdict would be overturned? What happens then? Thanks for answering. I have no idea about this. :seeya:
Unfortunately, I believe it is true in a general sense, and has been for some time.
If the judge and attorneys are having trouble with the language, I would think that would be even more true for jurors not educated in legalize.
The judge mentioned that the attorneys and he spent over five hours trying to simplify the instructions for the jurors, then, on top of that, the Supreme Court had made changes as recently as Feb. 6 of this year.
No matter the outcome, I hope this case brings to light the difficulties in understanding legal instructions in cases that routinely have important impacts on not only the defendant and victims, but the communities.

Wish news4jax would turn down the basketball game. They have 2 screens up.

hung on murder, G on the rest. he's going away for a long time.

Unbelievable...just .... the evidence is there, clear as day...what is wrong with these people

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 12s
Jury further tells judge they are deadlocked on the murder charge as well as the lesser included charges #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Chit. I think just like some of us thought. Cutting baby in half on murder 1.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 18s
Healey will now tell jurors to go back and discuss what's the weakest point of there own argument. #DunnTrial

Juries will frequently come back quickly after the Allen charge, with either a verdict or a statement that they are irreversibly hung.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 24s
If jurors come out again and say they can't decide a mistrial will be declared. #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 23s
Deliberations resuming #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members