Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The law is inflexible.

Disagreements about law, the judge will resolve.

Disagreements about case facts and verdicts must be resolved among jurors in deliberations.

The jury is dismissed to continue deliberations with a copy of the Allen Charge.

The judge told them it would result in a mistrial on the count that cannot agree on?!!
Wish they would have done that in AZ.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
We do not know what the verdict is on other 4 counts. #DunnTrial

will a mistrial be declared on all charges or just the ones they are deadlocked?

I think the state will be happy with G on attempted murder charges, don't you?

Crying. Need a hug. Jordan Davis's dad's face is breaking my heart. What's the warranty period on Florida? Is it too late to return it to Spain?

Well, we were right about which count they were having problems with.

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 1m
#MichaelDunn count 1 - 1st degree murder but lessers of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter are on table in addition to not guilty

Romney Smith ‏@romneysmith 1m
@ActionNewsJax 4:45....crowd just got word of a verdict on 4 of 5 counts....chanting getting loud. #DunnVerdict pic.twitter.com/SRT2fbnJ6S

crowd has increased a bit.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
We do not know what the verdict is on other 4 counts. #DunnTrial

It makes sense they split the decision though, right? Probably finding MD Guilty on the attempted murder charges.

Got the text... Wtf these people enrage me. Give him first degree, this is about the easiest case to deliberate I've seen in a while. I cannot freakin believe this. Shutting up now before I post a stream of obscenities and get myself permabanned. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Jury says it has reached verdict on 4 counts; deadlocked on murder charge

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
The jury in the Michael Dunn trial says it has reached verdict on four of the five counts against Dunn, but is unable to reach a verdict on count one of first-degree murder or any of the lesser included charges.

The judge was giving the jury the Allen charge, which urges them to come up with a verdict.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/michae...ations/-/475880/24499490/-/va41j/-/index.html

Florida Allen Charge.

The Allen charge embodied in Florida Standard Jury Instruction 3.06 provides:

I know that all of you have worked hard to try to find a verdict in this case. It apparently has been impossible for you so far. Sometimes an early vote before discussion can make it hard to reach an agreement about the case later. The vote, not the discussion, might make it hard to see all sides of the case.

We are all aware that it is legally permissible for a jury to disagree. There are two things a jury can lawfully do: agree on a verdict or disagree on what the facts of the case may truly be.

There is nothing to disagree about on the law. The law is as I told you. If you have any disagreements about the law, I should clear them for you now. That should be my problem, not yours.

If you disagree over what you believe the evidence showed, then only you can resolve that conflict, if it is to be resolved.

I have only one request of you. By law, I cannot demand this of you, but I want you to go back into the jury room. Then, taking turns, tell each of the other jurors about any weakness of your own position. You should not interrupt each other or comment on each other’s views until each of you had a chance to talk. After you have done that, if you simply cannot reach a verdict, then return to the courtroom and I will declare this case mistried, and will discharge you with my sincere appreciation of your services.

You may now retire to continue with your deliberations.

https://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn/jnjournal01.nsf/Articles/21AC5A6D2909065085256ADB005D62F6

FYI - Allen Charge is sometimes referred to as the dynamite charge. - #MichaelDunn trial

#MichaelDunn count 1 - 1st degree murder but lessers of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter are on table in addition to not guilty

Romney Smith ‏@romneysmith 1m
@ActionNewsJax 4:45....crowd just got word of a verdict on 4 of 5 counts....chanting getting loud. #DunnVerdict pic.twitter.com/SRT2fbnJ6S

crowd has increased a bit.

yes but imo if they wouldn't say they were hung on JD's murder if they agreed to a lesser charge of 2nd degree or manslaughter, correct?

will a mistrial be declared on all charges or just the ones they are deadlocked?

I think the state will be happy with G on attempted murder charges, don't you?

Just the one on deadlocked charges, and he'll be retried if the state chooses to do so.

nothing about this jury is making sense to me :(

Question-
If they can not agree on Murder 1, does it mean they would likely have all agreed on NG for Murder 2?
What I mean is, is there a choice between the 2? Is it either one or the other? Or can he be convicted of BOTH?

Am I making sense? (thinking NO :scared:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston