GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if rhonda is still calling and spending all her money to talk to this guy and putting "Charlie" on the phone...

rather bitter sweet verdict. if the other 3 young brothers were not in the car, dunn would have walked. or at least until the retrial.
the guilty verdicts came because them. not jordan. i don't see this as progress. until the jury gets it right, it still seems that while its not ok to shoot at our unarmed black brothers, it is ok to kill one for not obeying a white man.

The protester they just interviewed was very angry. They wanted guilty on 5 charges not 4 and they blame Corey for this. He was the president of the Progressive something movement.

Seems to me the most important part of these trials are the jury instructions and how the jury percieves the wording of that instruction. May explain why things seem so obvious to us outsiders and complicated to the jurors themselves...

color me crazy (which you can do, and I won't be offended), but how can he be found guilty of attempted murder (x3) and for shooting a firearm in public (x1), but NOT be found guilty (mistrial) of killing a 17 YO? It feels like an oxymoron to me -- he killed this teenager in cold blood or he didn't. I would expect a mistrial on the 3 counts of attempted murder as well -- if they couldn't come to an agreement on the murder.

What am I missing here? Thanks,

MOO

Mel

Knowing who was the jury foreperson - the jury questions make much more sense. If there was one or more on the jury arguing for self defense, they could well have attempted to push their idea/s that if one charge supported self defense, all charges supported self defense. Could also have been pushing the concept that if they were dead locked on 1 charge, all verdicts would not count.

I am pleased the foreperson asked the judge those questions. I am now of the opinion that one or more jurors thought self defense or justifiable force was a valid defense to murder and were trying to force their point of view with invalid assumptions about the remaining charges.

Of course - I could be completely wrong.

Most likely will not, first offense. Marissa Alexander got three conviction for the same thing and she had violated probation! She got 20 years.
Dunn will serve 60 years minimum for 3 separate charges of attempted murder. Charge #5 will probably run concurrently. Is that what you meant?

Seems to me the most important part of these trials are the jury instructions and how the jury percieves the wording of that instruction. May explain why things seem so obvious to us outsiders and complicated to the jurors themselves...

I think you have something there. Whenever they are going over jury instructions, I tend to zone out. They have pages and pages of them and I am sure they are not simple to understand.

Your posts make me want to jump off them. Hope you don't mind.

I have a question for one of our verified attorneys. I sure hope one will be weighing in on this.

If MD is retried on Count one - murder of Jordan. And if he successfully is acquitted under the self defense defense, does that mean he acted lawfully? If he acted lawfully in discharging his weapon under that defense, then how can he have attempted to have murdered the other young men.

Because this is what I think the jury was confused about. They saw the event as one linked event so had a hard time separating the counts.

Could the defense attorney be eyeing an appeal on that basis and if so what would that appeal look like?

Sorry mind ran off on a tangent. its the devils advocate side of me.

I think that we should look at the shooting of Jordan Davis as one incident and the shooting at the other people in the vehicle as a separate incident. That's why there where all those separate charges.

While the shootings happen at the same time the justification for one act, shooting Davis, is not the same as shooting at the other unarmed occupants of the vehicle.

For some unknown reason this jury couldn't decide whether Dunn's shooting of Davis was justified or not. So they were hung. At the same time they decided that the separate act of shooting at the other people in the vehicle was unjustified and found him guilty of attempted murder.

I disagree with the idea that Dunn had any justification in firing his gun at all. Apparently someone on the jury couldn't figure that out. MOO.

The protester they just interviewed was very angry. They wanted guilty on 5 charges not 4 and they blame Corey for this. He was the president of the Progressive something movement.

I don't see what Corey did wrong...I think they brought a sold case and one juror (guessing) did not get it and had a problem. I sort of like her but only know her from the case.

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 4m
Jax mayor - “Now that the jury has spoken, I want to thank the jurors for their dedicated service" - #MichaelDunn verdict

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 5m
Jax mayor - “Tomo would've been Jordan’s 19th birthday. My prayers go out to his family. I share community’s grief at his senseless death."

At least Mr Strolla is being quite respectful civil. I appreciate that. Seems to be rare after a guilty verdict for a defendant.

-----------
Spellbound, you are right. He tried. was very civil to all. Maybe he doesn't like kid killers either. Dunn is locky he tried as hard as he did. IMO.:loveyou:

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
WOKV's Legal Analyst @Rubins_Law says #MichaelDunn's attempted murder sentences will likely be consecutive (min 60 yrs) #DunnTrial

JMO but I seriously doubt that these sentences will run consecutively (one after another). Believe me, I would like to see them run consecutively. I wish that the murder trial could be moved to another state, like maybe Texas....Just wishing, I know you can't change venue to another state but I can still wish can't I?

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 4m
Pic of #MichaelDunn reaction after verdict. (courtesy Bob Mack / FTU) pic.twitter.com/iIBPN7gViX

Thanks for the pic... Don't know what to call that look on Dunn's face. Maybe "in another universe where this all is happening to someone else"? He just doesn't look like he is grasping his situation at all. I see no sadness or remorse. Of course, this pic is only one short microsecond in time, so who knows?

:jail: Back to jail now.... It's really killing me to know about Rhonda in this situation now. I think if she hasn't already gone into hiding, she will now. I would detach from him and go far far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024