GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WSers may not recognize the name Darren Kavinoky. But if you watched HLN or CNN coverage, you'll probably recognize him from the picture at the link below.

He was even on CNN with Don Lemon right after the verdict.

Anyway, the reason I brought him up is because today he wrote a blistering attack of John Guy's cross examination of Michael Dunn.
http://www.darrenkavinoky.com/justice-delayed-jordan-davis-murder-trial/

Thank you for this link. I was infuriated at John Guy's ineffective performance. It's nice to see that knowledgeable people agree.

WSers may not recognize the name Darren Kavinoky. But if you watched HLN or CNN coverage, you'll probably recognize him from the picture at the link below.

He was even on CNN with Don Lemon right after the verdict.

Anyway, the reason I brought him up is because today he wrote a blistering attack of John Guy's cross examination of Michael Dunn.

Here’s my solution: Let’s have a special election, so my colleagues Nancy Grace, Joey Jackson and I can be appointed as special prosecutors for the retrial on the charge of murder. Angela and her team can sit down, shut up, and learn something.

WOW :facepalm:

I would love to see that!

This is news to me. Thanks for pointing this out. As many times as I have read the law, I've never seen mention of age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome. Still, these laws are written in such a way it is hard to completely understand them or know if I read them correctly when I do. Still not completely sure if it is current, if I got it right, or if I missed another paragraph somewhere that states "exceptions" or some other alteration.

i do hope your daughter never has to test any of this personally. i suspect she is a very smart and careful young lady.

think about this for a minute. do you think a jury that couldn't reach a verdict when no gun was ever found, if those kids had shot back, do you think the jury would believe those black kids were shooting back in self defense?

seriously. would anyone have believed that he shot first and they were shooting back unless there was a clear video showing it.

remember. even unarmed black teens in florida are guilty. i can't imagine how they'd treat a black youth that tried to defend themselves.

yes, you are sooooo right. Even if they have no previous run-ins with the law (like they say about Dunn), even if they wanted to go into the Marines, even if they were good kids - but oh, well, you know, they talked back, so it's ok to shoot them dead. You know, talking back is such a terrible, horrible thing, especially talking back to a White, older man, that it's worth losing their life because they did such a terrible, horrible thing.

Well after thinking and reading what is available after the verdict...I do pretty much think it was an older man...what is older well on that jury there were some up to 70 but probably a white man MD's age or olde who identifyed with his situation and believe me there are many out there. Actually with that mindset I am surprised they got the other convictions but so thankful they did.

Yes, I don't usually listen to or agree with Jane VM on HLN, but this is what she said too, or maybe it was one of the guests on her panel, anyway - they said at least one of the jurors believed that MD thought he saw a gun.

Hey all....I haven't followed the trial, but recently with the verdict it is all over the place....my question is why didn't the jurors think about the time it would take to get the gun out of wherever it was? Was the gun on his person, or was it someplace like in the glove compartment?

I would think if he was really "scared for his life," it would take the same amount of time to just run inside the store. If he was really afraid that Jordan or one of the other guys was going to open fire on him. I don't understand this. The first response for someone woudl be to get away. If, at the point when he is in the store, if Jordan or someone else had gone in after him with a gun, then he would have right under stand your ground to shoot him.

I do think the jury dropped the ball on this one big time.

JMO.

The gun was in his glovebox. He couldn't get out of his car because he parked to close to the Durango.

This is Grumpy Cat. :floorlaugh:

alyce.jpg

:laughcry:

Great post tlcya!

I hope there a retrial ASAP and a witness could come out and tell the truth about MD's possible alcoholism.

And, for me, traveling the world and living in cities where refugees were abundant from all over the world gave me the insight that at the end of the day, we are all humans with red blood.

To me, race does not matter. I always believed once a fine, black fellow became president along with all the talented music artists, actors etc... our society would of learned to accept each for who were are.
I suppose some parts of the continent have it in their blood to hate and still equate "black teenagers in hoodies driving SUV's listening to rap music buying Skittles and Arizona iced tea" to sub-class.

I wonder how different the case would of turned out if the SUV had white teenagers? Personally, I don't think there would of been any shots fired. :twocents:

BBM

I think race played a role, but not as much as people think. If this had been a carload of white kids and one was talking back like Jordan was, I think it's a 90% chance the same thing would have happened. I think he was spoiling for a fight. The wedding was probably embarrassing for him, I believe he was over the legal limit for alcohol (which is probably a big part of the reason for fleeing.). He had hit wit's end and anybody who crossed his path in the wrong way was going to pay.

The prosecution touched on that. They asked if his car had a door ding. Also, (My question) why choose that particular space then? There were others available.

Possibly because he was somewhat inebriated?

wow NG guest says that jurors could have gone behind a black curtain and answered some questions without being seen but they refused. I know that is their right but as tax payers who pay for this process it seems JAX residents deserve some answers. I guess it is possible we will never hear anything. Usually by now something would have come out.

If NG made me that offer, I wouldn't have done it either. If I was a juror, the last show I would go on is hers.
I would go talk to the prosecutor or the defense attorney, but I sure wouldn't be announcing it all over the place, either.

JMO

This is from that article;

First the good news: absent divine intervention, Michael Dunn will only leave prison in a pine box. Florida’s mandatory minimums and consecutive sentencing laws mean decades of prison time for Dunn.

He's saying that the law requires consecutive sentencing.

I think they should have Juan Martinez sent in for the next trial. He would eviscerate MD on the stand! I would go PPV for that!!!

new phone call tapes released today feb. 18th...michael says he is the victim here...anyone surprised??

I'm not surprised at all that he's claiming that since he tried to play the 'self-defense' card. Here we see a murderer claiming he's a victim (and most do this). I think this guy is disgusting.

This is from that article;

First the good news: absent divine intervention, Michael Dunn will only leave prison in a pine box. Florida’s mandatory minimums and consecutive sentencing laws mean decades of prison time for Dunn.

He's saying that the law requires consecutive sentencing.

I think they should have Juan Martinez sent in for the next trial. He would eviscerate MD on the stand! I would go PPV for that!!!

We will get to see Michael Dunn on the witness stand once again if he decides to go to trial otherwise possibly plea guilty. At least now, the prosecution will know what to expect from his testimony.

If NG made me that offer, I wouldn't have done it either. If I was a juror, the last show I would go on is hers.
I would go talk to the prosecutor or the defense attorney, but I sure wouldn't be announcing it all over the place, either.

JMO

According to CNN that offer was immediately after the verdict..made by officials at courthouse as sometimes jurors are willing to have a press conference. Of course I don't expect they will go on NG . I do hope that at least some are willing to contact prosecution so they can get a better idea of what happened. I know many don't like how pros. tried this case...I thought it was fine and they sure gave me enough to convict but I was not there. I would have thought at least by statement we would have some ideas by now.

turza: I, too, hope they talk to someone. But I'm not holding my breath that I will know about it, as I'm not on the list of "need to knows"! lol

I am ready for the speculative outrage to be silenced with some information that they couldn't decide between M1 or M2.

Of course, the fact that they haven't spoken yet could mean exactly what the outraged are outraged about.

"Patience is a virtue", right?

IMO some of the jury members may call the SAO to let them know what went on in the jury room. I doubt strongly they want to be accosted by the media. I believe, at the very least, it was a male juror who believed it was SD.

I watched "The Butler" on Sunday on PPV. The movie had actual clips of the civil rights era and demonstrations. It made me incredibly sad to think that 50 years later, there are still areas of this country's mindset that have not evolved.

I was young in the 60's, so I had no clue that any of this went on at the time. I don't know if racism is passed down generationally to some areas of this country. My parents were not racist, so I had really no idea that this divide even existed. I have taught my children that racism is unacceptable on any level. I hope they will pass those same sentiments on to their children. JMV

I haven't listened to them all, but the first one is old. Seems like 8 and 9 are new.

In 8 - He compares himself to a rape victim! OMG! :eek: He talks to Charlie after he bites Rhonda's toes. Oh and Charlie got a new outfit! :doh:

Just listened to 8 and 9. Looking forward to hearing what the calls sound like after he was locked up for a year or more.

OMG just listened to tape 8. LE are victim blaming. Like they do with rape victims? :facepalm:

:censored: :shutup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member