GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jumping off your post (way, way off).

Thinking about the many times I ran into a store while my husband stayed with the vehicle and the fact there was almost always a pistol in the glove box--what the heck would I have done if I heard shots and saw that he was the shooter? I'm don't know if I'd get in the truck or stand on the sidewalk screaming "what the **** did you do?".

I am pretty sure if my DH had shot at someone, he'd have been physically unable to drive away and order a pizza. Dunn's a real piece of work. IMHO

Just from how kind you appear from your posts, I sincerely doubt your DH would ever even contemplate doing what MD did.

Just from how kind you appear from your posts, I sincerely doubt your DH would ever even contemplate doing what MD did.

Thank you so much. You're right. If he'd fired at anyone, I would have KNOWN he'd been attacked because that's the only way he'd use force, unlike Dunn who went looking for trouble.

IMHO, anybody who hopes that RR has had her lightbulb moment regarding MD is kidding themselves. The way RR acted on the stand was in no way like a woman who has come to the realization that she has been used by and has given several years of her life to a malignant narcissist (or a sociopath). She did, however, very much resemble someone who is still willingly serving as "narcissistic supply" to one of them. I wish I could see it differently, but I can only go by her recent appearance. I truly hope that the partial conviction will help her to seek the help she so desperately needs. You have to wonder where her female friends are. Normally, your best friends can see through the BS and set you straight and, eventually, you listen to them. There are good books on the subject and some of them need to get into the hands of RR. MOO

For some reason, I don't get that from her.......in the interview with LE, she seemed pretty unaffected, IIRC, and on the stand, she seemed more in fear of a perjury charge than MD. Both of them hit me as "drinking buddies", not "engaged".

I have a feeling the prosecution promised her swift prosecution if she delineated from her original "story" on the stand. :twocents:

IIRC, MD spoke about her occupation on the first call with his Dad. I can't remember what he specifically said, but something like the lower or lesser nurse. I definitely took it as disparaging to RR. Sorry for no link handy.

But regardless, if she had any medical training, she should have tried to help. IMO

Yes, MD did say that. That she was below a nurse. Could be LPN or CNA. jmo

For some reason, I don't get that from her.......in the interview with LE, she seemed pretty unaffected, IIRC, and on the stand, she seemed more in fear of a perjury charge than MD. Both of them hit me as "drinking buddies", not "engaged".

I have a feeling the prosecution promised her swift prosecution if she delineated from her original "story" on the stand. :twocents:

BINGO. I was trying to type their relationship, and you just did it for me. That is exactly right. Drinking buddies.

Retweeted by Sunny Hostin

John M. Phillips‏@JohnPhillips·11 hrs
Rumors starting to circulate it was ONE female juror who held out from day one on justifiable homicide. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

Retweeted by Sunny Hostin

John M. Phillips‏@JohnPhillips·11 hrs
Rumors starting to circulate it was ONE female juror who held out from day one on justifiable homicide. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

Meaning some of them actually thought this <mod snip> was justified in murdering Jordan Davis? Tell me it ain't so!!! :facepalm:

Dunn verdict hot topic on 'Black Twitter'

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
Have you heard of Black Twitter? It’s a new phenomenon among African-American users of the social media site who use #blacktwitter to discuss issues affecting black Americans.

A trending topic recently has been the Michael Dunn verdict.

The 47-year-old was found guilty of three counts of attempted murder, but the jury was hung on the first-degree murder charge for the shooting death of 17-year-old Jordan Davis.

While some black leaders and others gathered in Hemming Plaza on Tuesday to rally for justice for Jordan Davis, others are sharing their opinions on the case on Twitter, specifically using #dangerousblackkids.

Using that hashtag, people are posting adorable photos of kids with sarcastic captions.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/dunn-v...itter/-/475880/24544052/-/y1cl7s/-/index.html

John M. Phillips &#8207;@JohnPhillips 10h
@LiberalPhenom @MrMike_H 11-1 for conviction. 1 voted self defense. Or so the rumor goes. FWIW.

@LiberalPhenom @MrMike_H 11-1 for conviction. 1 voted self defense. Or so the rumor goes. FWIW.

Wow.

Not sure if this makes me feel better or worse. That is really disappointing.

Wow.

Not sure if this makes me feel better or worse. That is really disappointing.

I sort of expected the hold out to be a white male who could identify with MD...maybe not...and it is totally outrageous that someone actually bought that self defense but I think there are many out there just like this person.

I heard it was 10-2. This come from someone who knew a person who's cousin was on the jury. Would not say if his cousin was male or female or which way the cousin went. This come from a third party so take it for what it's worth.

I sort of expected the hold out to be a white male who could identify with MD...maybe not...and it is totally outrageous that someone actually bought that self defense but I think there are many out there just like this person.

But I'd say knowing that it was only one makes it very worth it to try again and the state should feel good about this. But because it just. 11-1 is kind of gut wrenching. Jordan was one person away from getting justice.

I think of RR and how she did not call 911 when she, herself, feared they would be arrested for leaving. Makes you wonder. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall