GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I don't usually listen to or agree with Jane VM on HLN, but this is what she said too, or maybe it was one of the guests on her panel, anyway - they said at least one of the jurors believed that MD thought he saw a gun.

BBM ~ Again, juries get emotional and personal. :facepalm:

The ones that may have believed MD saw a gun, had it happen to them or someone they know. :moo:

BBM ~ Again, juries get emotional and personal. :facepalm:

The ones that may have believed MD saw a gun, had it happen to them or someone they know. :moo:

Or they may have simply identified/liked Michael Dunn.

<respectfully snipped>

I think race played a role, but not as much as people think. If this had been a carload of white kids and one was talking back like Jordan was, I think it's a 90% chance the same thing would have happened. I think he was spoiling for a fight. The wedding was probably embarrassing for him, I believe he was over the legal limit for alcohol (which is probably a big part of the reason for fleeing.). He had hit wit's end and anybody who crossed his path in the wrong way was going to pay.

This is true, at the end of the day, he was a firework ready to go off.
His son's wedding likely stressed him to the max and liquor ... perfect storm for disaster, as anyone who has been in or witnessed drunken rage.

How could RR have helped when the boys were driving off when she exited the store? I wouldn't expect her to wait around and ignore MD's warning of "get in the car". jmo

And who knows how intoxicated she was. :facepalm:

Retweeted by Sunny Hostin

John M. Phillips&#8207;@JohnPhillips·11 hrs
Rumors starting to circulate it was ONE female juror who held out from day one on justifiable homicide. #MichaelDunn #JordanDavis

:drumroll: That was my original thought single, female.

Sorry, late on posting but i'm liking this thread. :)

Tonight on Nightline we have the first interview with a juror from the DunnTrial. She explains why the jury deadlocked.

Tonight on Nightline we have the first interview with a juror from the DunnTrial. She explains why the jury deadlocked.

Hi, do you have a link for this? Thanks

I found the twitter. ty.
Dan Abrams &#8207;@danabrams 28m

Tonight @Nightline we have the first interview with a juror from the #DunnTrial. She explains why the jury deadlocked.

Will someone on the East Coast kindly report what she says so we on the West Coast can find out 3 hours early? Thanks!

Dan Abrams &#8207;@danabrams

I just watched @byronpitts interview with the juror from #dunntrial. We now know the split and reasoning. tune in to @Nightline

Really important to know why the #DunnTrial jury did what it did. Excellent work from @SantinaLeuci and her team on the ground.

Juror we talked to felt Dunn should have been convicted of 1st Degree Murder. #DunnTrial. Details @Nightline

If you dont catch ABC's exclusive with a juror from the #DunnTrial tonight @Nightline, we will have more tomorrow @GMA.

#DunnTrial juror tells us there was "yelling" and "screaming" in jury room. Tonight @Nightline.

https://twitter.com/danabrams

Dan Abrams &#8207;@danabrams · 7m

If you dont catch ABC's exclusive with a juror from the #DunnTrial tonight @Nightline, we will have more tomorrow @GMA.

I just watched @byronpitts interview with the juror from #dunntrial. We now know the split and reasoning. tune in to @Nightline

Really important to know why the #DunnTrial jury did what it did. Excellent work from @SantinaLeuci and her team on the ground.

Juror we talked to felt Dunn should have been convicted of 1st Degree Murder. #DunnTrial. Details @Nightline

#DunnTrial juror tells us there was "yelling" and "screaming" in jury room. Tonight @Nightline.

Yelling and screaming....

Yoikes!

Please someone watch and if you have time, please give us an overview. TIA.

It is absolutely passed down, IMO. The old racists have children and pass their sentiments on down to their children. Listen to Frank Taffe. The stuff he says is exactly what they used to say way back in the 50s. Black people gotta learn their place, and all that. That was taught to him. I was listening to an interview with a son of one of the men who killed Emmitt Till done in the late 90s and it could have been done in the 50s. He talks about how the blacks tried to come in and change things and they couldn't. (Why don't they teach Emmitt Till in school btw?) You think he didn't pass that racism down to his kids.

IMO, hate is taught. Children aren't born hating black people. They see it in their parents and in the people around them and it becomes so ingrained in who they are that it's impossible to change. It doesn't always mean those with racist parents accept their sentiments though. My mom is racist. Very. She kind of admits it but kind of doesn't. Like, yeah I'm racist but I have a good reason, etc. Now she denies it. She was a true blue democrat until Obama became president. Now she's inexplicably republican and hates Obama and she doesn't even know why. She's Mexican too. That's probably why I'm so sensitive to racial issues. I don't understand it and it's unfair to me.

One time I was in the emergency room with my mom with terrible stomach pain waiting to be seen and there was an old white lady waiting near us. While we were waiting she made a loud comment that the illegals coming in without their health insurance are the reason for the long wait and high medical prices and then shot me and my mom a hateful look. I was born here. In fact, my family has probably been here longer than hers. I speak English, don't even know Spanish, and at 17 had my own health insurance from my fast food job. I was 18 at the time this happened.

I would have looked at her and said, "Maybe in the country your from shouting is ok in the emergency room, but us Americans find it disturbing."

I was thinking about him driving off after ordering Rhonda to get into the car. Once he said anything about shooting at the Durango I would have flipped out and demanded he let me out of the car.

You're not someone who believes it's better to be with anyone than to be alone.

Meaning some of them actually thought this <mod snip> was justified in murdering Jordan Davis? Tell me it ain't so!!! :facepalm:

Is <mod snip> the new :censored: ? :waitasec:

John M. Phillips &#8207;@JohnPhillips 10h
@LiberalPhenom @MrMike_H 11-1 for conviction. 1 voted self defense. Or so the rumor goes. FWIW.

I think he's being sarcastic. I think he's peeved that people automatically assume it must have been him for holding up the conviction.

Yes, I don't usually listen to or agree with Jane VM on HLN, but this is what she said too, or maybe it was one of the guests on her panel, anyway - they said at least one of the jurors believed that MD thought he saw a gun.

Still, if that's true, meaning if he thought he saw a gun, you can't let him off. We can't kill people because we "THINK" they have a weapon.

I wondered if any studies such as the one linked had been conducted in recent years. Unfortunately, they don't provide very much as to results in terms of statistical outcome. It would be interesting to see more information.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/racist-white-americans-guns-study-article-1.1503060

ETA: Actually, they do have some stats attached, but I just can't open them yet.

No offense to a lot of gun owners, but I thought that was just common sense. I'd read an article about that a month ago. Unfortunately, a lot of gun owners own them because of paranoia. I don't know anyone who's ever had to use a gun for self defense. One of my best friends was almost killed by his father because he went downstairs for a midnight snack. His dad heard him downstairs and when my friend turned to come up the stairs his father was holding a gun pointing down the steps at him. Fortunately, his dad had enough sense to ask who goes there.

Dan Abrams &#8207;@danabrams 12m

#DunnTrial juror told @byronpitts that split on jury changed over the course of deliberation. Tune into @Nightline for details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member