Found Deceased FL - Jose Andino, adult, Sarasota, 5 Aug 2024 *driving to Bradenton for work when he encountered flooded roads*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
www.wtsp.com

'I want my dad back': Daughter searches for father who disappeared in Sarasota during Hurricane

[...]

Jose Andino was driving to work from Sarasota to Bradenton when he encountered flooded roads; his cell phone last pinged near Phillippi Creek, where flooding devastated the area.

[...]

Monday afternoon, while Debby was unleashing historic rain and flooding streets and homes in Sarasota, Jose was trying to get to work in Bradenton at a Beall’s distribution center.

“I called him, made sure that he knew where I was,” she [Jose's daughter] remembers. “I was telling him, like, hey, there's a lot of flooding.”

She made the call just after 1:30 p.m.; his shift ended at 2 a.m., and when Scarleth woke up Tuesday morning, he wasn't home.

[...]

She says a detective told her Friday that they searched along Phillippi Creek with divers and sonar, with no luck.

[...]

Her mother, Jose’s wife, still lives in their native Honduras. An only child, she’s trying not to let her mind wander to the worst.

[...]

This is just heartbreaking -It only takes about 2 feet of water to carry away a standard truck or SUV. But unless you've seen that it doesn't seem possible so many people are caught unawares. Praying for his family.

I’ve read in some areas they have pumps pulling flood waters out of neighborhoods. I’m not sure if that is the case for the Philippi Creek area. That area has had new houses, some really big, built right on the creek. There’s a restaurant and small stores next to it that was underwater.

Officials at the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office are continuing their search for a missing Sarasota man, Jose Andino, who was last seen during Tropical Storm Debby.

The 67-year-old father and Sarasota resident was en route to his place of employment in Bradenton near the Lockwood Ridge area from the Bahia Vista area when he encountered flood waters from Phillippi Creek.

Andino's daughter, Scarleth Andino, says her father's cell phone last location ping was at the Beneva Road/Baha Vista intersection in Sarasota near the normal work commute.

AUG 12, 2024
A body was found submerged in a car Monday afternoon in Phillippi Creek, according to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office.

[...]

The medical examiner is working to make a positive identification.

Confirmed.

The body of a Sarasota man who disappeared on August 5 as he was driving to work has been located inside a submerged vehicle.

The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office said Jose Andino, 67, was driving to work from Sarasota to Bradenton, when he came across flooded roads.

Investigators say after the flooding receded, someone walking on the Phillippi Creek footbridge near Graber and Kaufman Avenue on Monday saw a submerged car and called authorities.

This is so sad. He was just trying to get to work to support his family. I'm certain he's not the only victim either. Just one that's been reported.

This area Sarasota & Bradenton, due to the weather, has a huge homeless population. So many of them are off the radar from their families, nobody to truly keep track of them and their well being. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prettylaydie
Back