DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com

Jupiter mom arrested for aggravated child abuse, false imprisonment was once Catholic school aide​

JUPITER, Fla. — A Jupiter mother accused of locking her 14-year-old son up on a daily basis inside a small structure in the family's garage was once a Catholic school aide, WPTV confirmed Thursday.

The Diocese of Palm Beach said Tracy Ferriter, 46, was an employee at All Saints Catholic School, located at 1759 Indian Creek Parkway in Jupiter, from March 2014 to June 2017.

During that time, Ferriter served as an aide.

Full story at link...

Jupiter mom arrested for aggravated child abuse, false imprisonment was once Catholic school aide

last updated 3:29 PM, Feb 10, 2022

@TheFlaBar

Palm Beach Post: Tracy Ferriter, a Jupiter woman accused of locking a teenage child in a box-like structure in the family’s garage, is searching for a new attorney for the second time in a month. Marc Shiner ... withdrew from the case on Friday, Dec. 15.

12/17/2023

WEST PALM BEACH — A Jupiter woman accused of locking a teenage child in a box-like structure in the family's garage is searching for a new attorney for the second time in a month.

Marc Shiner, a prominent Palm Beach County defense attorney, withdrew from the case on Friday, Dec. 15, telling Circuit Judge Howard Coates that a trial date set for March would not give his team sufficient time to prepare its defense for Tracy Ferriter in a case that has drawn attention around the world.

Ferriter is awaiting trial on charges of aggravated child abuse, false imprisonment and child neglect. Her original attorney, Jennifer Marshall, withdrew on Dec. 8, citing an irreconcilable difference. That move came 22 days after Coates sentenced Ferriter's husband, Timothy, to five years in prison after his conviction in October on the same charges.

Video is 13+ minutes​

Attorney for Tracy Ferriter withdraws, says he won't be ready for trial​

Defense attorney Marc Shiner asks Judge Howard Coates for a continuance so that he may adequately prepare for Tracy Ferriter's trial. After the judge refuses to budge beyond 60 days, Shiner asks to withdraw.

12/18/2023SET FOR JT - JURY TRIAL 3/15/2024 9:00 AM COATES JR, HOWARD KJT - JURY TRIAL 3/15/2024 9:00 AM COATES JR, HOWARD K

eCaseView

12/29/2023MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE
46312/29/2023SET FOR OH - OTHER HEARING 1/4/2024 8:30 AM COATES JR, HOWARD KOH - OTHER HEARING 1/4/2024 8:30 AM COATES JR, HOWARD K
46412/29/2023JUDICIAL NOTES

I can't help but still hold out hope that Aronberg will green light an appeal of Coates' downward departure. I think he has a case. It's infuriating when you think of Utah. Ruby Franke did this for 4 months? Tim and Tracy engaged in this pattern of abuse for 4 years. Appealing that downward departure and prevailing would be a very nice gift to children everywhere imo

Now, my wrath is bubbling over the pot, with the new "Catholic aide" detail. It really irks me that, after the lengthy, systemic, documented, and egregious child abuse with substantial convictions, in the Catholic church, we have two parents wearing their Catholicism for a child abuse trial, apparently as some kind of "character reference". They even had a Catholic priest highly visible at Tim's trial. And now we have "Catholic" in the mix yet again, at a Catholic school? Ahhh...the ironies.

She's out of money and trying to find a good public defender.

I actually casually know the guy who paid their bail.
She surely doesn't get to shop for a public defender? Sarah Boone hasn't had that choice (FWIW Tracy has gone through almost as many attorneys, excused with "irreconcilable differences"), so why should Tracy?

12/18/2023SET FOR JT - JURY TRIAL 3/15/2024 9:00 AM COATES JR, HOWARD KJT - JURY TRIAL 3/15/2024 9:00 AM COATES JR, HOWARD K

eCaseView

12/29/2023MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE
46312/29/2023SET FOR OH - OTHER HEARING 1/4/2024 8:30 AM COATES JR, HOWARD KOH - OTHER HEARING 1/4/2024 8:30 AM COATES JR, HOWARD K
46412/29/2023JUDICIAL NOTES
Wait for it...Tracy wants to delay her trial? The judge has already made it clear that's not happening. Or is this maybe the pre-trial status hearing?

Keep in mind, that TF's hearing ended w/a granted motion to continue until she is able to hire a defense attorney, the March trial date was vacated, however, a status hearing (as noted below) is expected on 1/16/2023 @8:30 am ET.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. —
Judge Howard Coates Jr. instructed Tracy Ferriter to return in 12 days with a defense attorney prepared to schedule a trial date.

Last month Ferriter's preferred attorney, Marc Shiner, withdrew his counsel after the trial was scheduled for March 18. Shiner expressed concerns about not having sufficient time to review all the evidence or adequately prepare for trial.

During Thursday's court appearance, Ferriter conveyed to Judge Coates that she had consulted with five attorneys, all of whom considered the March 18th trial date to be unreasonable.

Ferriter is expected back in court on January 16th.

Updated: 12:11 PM EST Jan 4, 2024

Last edited:
Keep in mind, that TF's hearing ended w/a granted motion to continue until she is able to hire a defense attorney, the March trial date was vacated, however, a status hearing (as noted below) is expected on 1/16/2023 @8:30 am ET.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. —
Judge Howard Coates Jr. instructed Tracy Ferriter to return in 12 days with a defense attorney prepared to schedule a trial date.

Last month Ferriter's preferred attorney, Marc Shiner, withdrew his counsel after the trial was scheduled for March 18. Shiner expressed concerns about not having sufficient time to review all the evidence or adequately prepare for trial.

During Thursday's court appearance, Ferriter conveyed to Judge Coates that she had consulted with five attorneys, all of whom considered the March 18th trial date to be unreasonable.

Ferriter is expected back in court on January 16th.

Updated: 12:11 PM EST Jan 4, 2024
He's now allowing her to delay the trial after saying the most he was going to delay it was March? She on purpose hasn't been looking until last minute before her deadline, didn't send the discovery to the prior attorney... There are a lot more than 5 attorneys in that area.

I have a feeling none of these attorneys want to work with her, and quick turnaround is the least of their issues.

Six minute video - TR needs to show up w/an attorney on Jan. 16 status hearing.

TRACY FERRITER REPRESENTS HERSELF AT HEARING REQUESTING DELAY​

The judge agreed to remove Tracy Ferriter's trial from the March docket but advised her to find a lawyer immediately. (1/4/24)

Last edited:
He's now allowing her to delay the trial after saying the most he was going to delay it was March? She on purpose hasn't been looking until last minute before her deadline, didn't send the discovery to the prior attorney... There are a lot more than 5 attorneys in that area.

I have a feeling none of these attorneys want to work with her, and quick turnaround is the least of their issues.
Yes, that's right. So why sound firm about a March date, yet the court does not back it up. moo

Six minute video - TR needs to show up w/an attorney on Jan. 16 status hearing.

TRACY FERRITER REPRESENTS HERSELF AT HEARING REQUESTING DELAY​

The judge agreed to remove Tracy Ferriter's trial from the March docket but advised her to find a lawyer immediately. (1/4/24)
I don't understand why he doesn't just assign her one? I thought she was indigent. Then she gets the next one on the roster of public defenders . Just like Sarah Boone. Or a private one on the roster, if the pd's are all busy, like Kaitlin Armstrong.

Maybe the judge said no to indigency?

Can you imagine how impossible Traci is if she's repelled more lawyers than Suitcase Sarah?

I don't understand why he doesn't just assign her one? I thought she was indigent. Then she gets the next one on the roster of public defenders . Just like Sarah Boone. Or a private one on the roster, if the pd's are all busy, like Kaitlin Armstrong.

Maybe the judge said no to indigency?

Can you imagine how impossible Traci is if she's repelled more lawyers than Suitcase Sarah?
Can a judge overrule an indigency filing? Should be pretty easy for her to prove at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back