Found Alive FL - Kamiyah Mobley, newborn, Jacksonville, 10 July 1998 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very happy to read this news. I read through this thread and some news articles online.
Kamiyah's mother was 16, the father was charged with a sex crime at the time. Some states he was in jail when child was abducted, others say he passed the abductor at the hospital?
They also say the child became suspicious a few months ago. I wonder if she was wanting to attend college or get a job, had questions about her birth certificate maybe info didn't match?
I hold this young lady in prayers, this is a lot for her to take in

I do find it odd that neither the mother, or any family members had no camera with them to take pictures of the newborn baby. That is odd. I've never heard of anyone having a baby, and not wanting to take pictures of it, unless the baby was not wanted and this was planned. Anyone else find that wierd? I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and we had dozens of pictures taken of him in the first few hours of his life.
if the mother was only 16, the father in jail, due to the mother being underage, they may not have wanted pictures. They also may not have had the money to buy a camera, just a thought

OMG I was living in Jax when she was taken and I'm so happy she's been located. AND SHE'S ALIVE. Thank God.

Miracles can and do happen.

I'm so happy for Kamiyah, though I know she's got a long road ahead of her. May she find love and strength with her bio family.

WJXT4 is calling the girl "Alexis" as her "now" name.... I can't post the video but go to their website you can see it there along with the name printed.

if the mother was only 16, the father in jail, due to the mother being underage, they may not have wanted pictures. They also may not have had the money to buy a camera, just a thought

My oldest grandchild is 16 and I was at the hospital when she was born, and also two years later for my grandson. No one had cameras or fancy cell phones that took pictures. I don't even know if it would have been allowed at that time.

heartbreaking video of 16 year old mother pleading for the baby's return

From the vault: Shanara Mobley pleads for baby's safe return

http://www.news4jax.com/video/kamiyah-mobley-file-2

---
http://www.news4jax.com/news/source-baby-kidnapped-from-hospital-in-1998-found-alive
According to reports at the time, the girl's mother, Shanara Mobley, had just turned 16 and was befriended by a woman who passed herself off as a Mobley family member to the hospital and a medical professional to Shanara.

The baby's 19-year-old father, Craig Aiken, was in jail on a charge of lewd assault for having sex with a minor, because Shanara was 15 when he got her pregnant.

Shanara sued the hospital and was awarded a $1.5 million settlement, according CharleyProject.org. She has since had three more children.

heartbreaking video of 16 year old mother pleading for the baby's return

From the vault: Shanara Mobley pleads for baby's safe return

http://www.news4jax.com/video/kamiyah-mobley-file-2

---
http://www.news4jax.com/news/source-baby-kidnapped-from-hospital-in-1998-found-alive
According to reports at the time, the girl's mother, Shanara Mobley, had just turned 16 and was befriended by a woman who passed herself off as a Mobley family member to the hospital and a medical professional to Shanara.

The baby's 19-year-old father, Craig Aiken, was in jail on a charge of lewd assault for having sex with a minor, because Shanara was 15 when he got her pregnant.

Shanara sued the hospital and was awarded a $1.5 million settlement, according CharleyProject.org. She has since had three more children.

The sketch artist did REALLY WELL!
Thank goodness the truth came out! Finally.

7dd529278ac62e53633cae6c12dbdfb6.jpg

So happy this is awesome but will be so hard to paste the last 18 years together for all.

Bless her heart, I just pray she has an adult role model that was not involved nor had knowledge of the kid napping before recently that she trusts and can be there for her today, tomorrow, and next month as she deals with a whirlwind of conflicting emotions and protects herself from media blitz and idiots who'll totally infringe on any privacy and normalcy that she's had in her life.

prehaps she has a clergy member or a mother to a close girlfriend who'll take her under their wing and protect her right now while she develops a new sense of who she is and discovers her own identity in this huge, sometimes cruel world.

The news is saying she suspected and that's how the case got cracked. I wonder if she tried to get a job or a drivers license and needed her birth certificate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is such a HAPPY day for many! After 18 long years, your kidnapped child is found, alive and healthy. I can't imagine the feelings her parents and family are experiencing.

Kamiya is a beautiful girl! From the pictures on FB, she appears to have been treated well and is a happy girl.

Today is the worst day of her life! Police arrive at your home and arrest your mother, saying she kidnapped you from the hospital soon after your birth. What?! Then, your mother is taken away in a cruiser. This poor girl has just had her life torn to shreds and her mother taken from her. Hopefully there is family or close friends to be by her side.

I feel very very sorry for her. She may be 18, an adult by law, but what benefit is that to her? As parents, we know 18 year olds are difficult. They think they know it all, don't like being told or reminded what to do, and their favorite words are "I'll be gone next year in college and can do what I want".

Wonder if she is still in high school? If so, this makes her even more vulnerable to this news.JMO.

I wish her the best of luck as she faces the future. We don't know anything about her bio family. She did FaceTime with her father and grandmother. Why not the mother? This child needs to work with a good therapist in accepting and adjusting to her new life.

Is the reward that was offered when she was first taken, still applicable?

happy 17th birthday kamiyah! I can't wait until the day you unlock this mystery through internet search and are reunited with your family where you're supposed to be. You will need your official documents more than ever when you want to drive, get your first job, and apply for college and financial aid. Your fake mommy's time is running the heck out. She marks this day in her head and is in daily panic at all of the upcoming questions, the discovery, the national coverage, and her prison sentence. The longest part of this is done, it won't be much longer until that glorious day.

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew she was alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome home KAMIYAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew she was alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome home KAMIYAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh, Niq, I just read the whole thread and hoped you'd still be around!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back