FL FL - Kathaleen Hine, 51, Palmetto, 15 Jan 1972

Still a bit confused, so the reference to the "Three Murder Confession" is not Mr. Hine? If it is GH, I would now say, "He killed Kathaleen."

Satch
Yes that is what I thought I thought GH confessed to 3 Other murders....ok I don't feel so bad now...

There was a headless UID female (NamUs UP1348) found on Bellaire Beach, FL (west coast) in April 1972 about 50 miles from where Kathaleen went missing. I almost thought it was a match, but the UID has type A+ blood. The initial post on this thread says Kathaleen was RH negative. Anyone know how reliable that information is?

There was a headless UID female (NamUs UP1348) found on Bellaire Beach, FL (west coast) in April 1972 about 50 miles from where Kathaleen went missing. I almost thought it was a match, but the UID has type A+ blood. The initial post on this thread says Kathaleen was RH negative. Anyone know how reliable that information is?
She had RH negative, so I was told. She was my mom. I was born rh negative and doc changed my blood shortly after birth. Again what I was told. Last thing cops told me by phone aprx 5 yrs ago was, " no one cares" meaning all who involved is dead now by natural causes. So no one to prosecute. And he said "he got a tip that she's in the septic tank on the property" . There were two septic tanks there. Cop said he can not get permission from the owner to search the property. So have never been searched. The house, two cabins, goat barn, cattle/pig barn, chicken coop. The house has been rental house all these years. I told cop Hine will let property grow up into thick woods so will cover everything. It is. See it on Google earth. It's 3250 North Rye road, Parrish, Florida. Hine burned down goat barn, chicken house, and let trees take over the cow/pig barn. Hine and my mom ran a foster home for children. They had a foster son and told him he was adopted. We found 40+ yrs later, he was never adopted. I say Hine is connected in another unsolved case of Gettis Lee and his wife. That was in 1957. Again the cops doing nothing. I talked to the FBI about Gettis, got no where. Gettis' wife was a invalid in wheel chair. She was found in ditch beat to a pulp with 5 bullets in her. Not found gettis bones till many years later, in a open field. Town talk was the sheriff did it. Cops all carried 38 police specials. I asked FBI was Gettis shot with 38? She said yes. But, again, like my mom, and Gettis' wife, they are closed cases, "because no one cares".

She had RH negative, so I was told. She was my mom. I was born rh negative and doc changed my blood shortly after birth. Again what I was told. Last thing cops told me by phone aprx 5 yrs ago was, " no one cares" meaning all who involved is dead now by natural causes. So no one to prosecute. And he said "he got a tip that she's in the septic tank on the property" . There were two septic tanks there. Cop said he can not get permission from the owner to search the property. So have never been searched. The house, two cabins, goat barn, cattle/pig barn, chicken coop. The house has been rental house all these years. I told cop Hine will let property grow up into thick woods so will cover everything. It is. See it on Google earth. It's 3250 North Rye road, Parrish, Florida. Hine burned down goat barn, chicken house, and let trees take over the cow/pig barn. Hine and my mom ran a foster home for children. They had a foster son and told him he was adopted. We found 40+ yrs later, he was never adopted. I say Hine is connected in another unsolved case of Gettis Lee and his wife. That was in 1957. Again the cops doing nothing. I talked to the FBI about Gettis, got no where. Gettis' wife was a invalid in wheel chair. She was found in ditch beat to a pulp with 5 bullets in her. Not found gettis bones till many years later, in a open field. Town talk was the sheriff did it. Cops all carried 38 police specials. I asked FBI was Gettis shot with 38? She said yes. But, again, like my mom, and Gettis' wife, they are closed cases, "because no one cares".

omg Her Kid, my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry. It’s awful to know and carry all this then try and do something and hit brick walls everywhere you turn. It must be extremely frustrating g to know all that you know and know nothing will be done. Awww man.

Now you mentioned they ran a foster home and that a kid was adopted but iam assuming it was not. So are you saying the boy was killed also? And they don’t know what happened to the kid?
I know of a case the Daytona 1972 kid that was found in Volusia County who actually has a cold case squad on it. Maybe you can talk to them and mention the boy that was said to have been adopted? Unless you think he also is on the septic tank? Maybe speaking to the cold case detective and he can help. I don’t recall his name but I spoke to him and he was super nice helpful and welcoming of all the info I sent him. His name is on a post that’s on the tread again do t know if that might help?

FL - FL - Daytona, WhtMale 2128UMFL, 11-21, near pond, denim jacket, May'72

So sorry for your loss, Her kid.

I just realized the house is on the same road that leads to Rye Preserve where my husband and I went hiking a few months ago. It's a beautiful area. I recall development taking place on the west side of the road heading north. It's very possible we drove past the 3250 address.

First of all, my condolences for all the pain the family has suffered.
I read that there was a rumor indicating Kathaleen's body may be in a septic tank... unfortunately, a body normally can be destroyed in two years in a septic tank.

About the Gettis Lee and Merrill Lee murders, what was Hine relation to this couple? I found this article about it, it doesn't name any suspect, but it appears that more than one was involved.The 1957 unsolved murder of Gettis and Merrill Lee - True Crime Diva

Gilbert Charles Hine Sr. (1918-2015) - Find A...
Here you can see that Gilbert had three wives: Kathaleen, Irene Marie Bernardo Davis and Virginia C. Hine (apparently, she is still alive). I wonder what she could tell about his husband behaviour.

I worked the Pinellas County Jane Doe 1972 case. I was able to rule out the unknown deceased female as your mother by DNA. I have previously updated the information in NAMUS UP1348. I am so sorry that you were treated as a victim family member that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back