IL IL - Vikki Lynn Vukelich, 32, Glenwood, 24 Feb 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi gaia227 and thank you for the welcome!

I have not sent a message to jillngav but will do so tonight. While this "match" is a stretch, there are similarities and, if nothing else, jillngav will know that she and her mom have not been forgotten.

I'm a Florida transplant, relatively new to St Charles County, Missouri. Springfield is about 200 miles from where I live.

Thank you for your help and advise!

Hi gaia227 and thank you for the welcome!

I have not sent a message to jillngav but will do so tonight. While this "match" is a stretch, there are similarities and, if nothing else, jillngav will know that she and her mom have not been forgotten.

I'm a Florida transplant, relatively new to St Charles County, Missouri. Springfield is about 200 miles from where I live.

Thank you for your help and advise!

What happened with this possible match?? Bumping because there seems to be quite a bit that can be done for this case if we get a little energy behind it.

Give me some idea about the husband-what does he do and where does he travel etc? What would he have done with her and where can we help?

attachment.php

Bumping for Vikki, here's a photo of her in high school.

Attachments

• vikkicihon.png
    vikkicihon.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 31
This case is crazy to me because vukelich is a family name. I mentioned this case to my mom and aunt and they were as surprised as I was. Vukelich isn’t a common last name but there’s no relationship. And we live in Illinois! Weird right?

In February of 1991, Vikki, 32, spent her days running her hair salon, Hair Designs by Vikki. Vikki’s daughter, Jill, told Dateline that when Vikki got home from work on February 23, 1991, Vikki was ready to go to bed, but her husband wanted to go to a party. When Jill woke up, her mother was nowhere to be found. Vikki’s husband, David, told authorities Vikki left the house on foot and walked toward the highway, according to Illinois State Police Senior Agent Tony Gentry. Senior Agent Gentry said the Glenwood Police Department did interview David shortly after his wife’s disappearance, but seemed to have only collected his timeline of events from the night Vikki was last seen. The Illinois State Police tried to interview David again, but Senior Agent Gentry said David refused to meet. Senior Agent Gentry told Dateline that David Vukelich is considered a suspect in Vikki’s disappearance, but “in the state of Illinois, if you don’t have a body, you don’t have a crime.”

Senior Agent Gentry is retired now, but told Dateline in early 2019 that he still makes calls on Vikki’s case. At the time of her disappearance, Vikki was described as 5’4” tall and weighed about 110 lbs., with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

vikki_vukelich_481cb85ae88d2996e7eb85c574b34c9b.fit-360w.png

Jill never stopped wanting to find out what happened to her mother. Sadly, Vikki’s daughter Jill passed away. If there is an afterlife, I hope Jill finally got to be with her mom again...

Jill never stopped wanting to find out what happened to her mother. Sadly, Vikki’s daughter Jill passed away. If there is an afterlife, I hope Jill finally got to be with her mom again...
RIP Jill.

In February of 1991, Vikki, 32, spent her days running her hair salon, Hair Designs by Vikki. Vikki’s daughter, Jill, told Dateline that when her mother got home from work on February 23, 1991, she was ready to go to bed, but her husband wanted to go to a party. When Jill woke up, her mother was nowhere to be found. Vikki’s husband, David, told authorities Vikki left the house on foot and walked toward the highway, according to Illinois State Police Senior Agent Tony Gentry. Senior Agent Gentry said the Glenwood Police Department did interview David shortly after his wife’s disappearance, but seemed to have only collected his timeline of events from the night Vikki was last seen. The Illinois State Police tried to interview David again, but Senior Agent Gentry said David refused to meet. Senior Agent Gentry told Dateline that David Vukelich is considered a suspect in Vikki’s disappearance, but “in the state of Illinois, if you don’t have a body, you don’t have a crime.” Senior Agent Gentry is retired now, but told Dateline in early 2019 that he still makes calls on Vikki’s case. At the time of her disappearance, Vikki was described as 5’4” tall and weighed about 110 lbs., with blonde hair and blue eyes. If you have any information on the circumstances surrounding Vikki’s disappearance, please call the Illinois State Police at (217) 785-2035.
upload_2021-2-10_14-18-0.jpeg
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

DEC 5, 2022

In February of 1991, Vikki Vukelich, 32, spent her days running her hair salon, Hair Designs by Vikki. Her daughter, Jill, told Dateline that when her mother got home from work on February 23, 1991, she was ready to go to bed, but her husband wanted to go to a party. When Jill woke up, her mother was nowhere to be found. Vikki’s husband, David, told authorities Vikki left the house on foot and walked toward the highway, according to Illinois State Police Senior Agent Tony Gentry. Gentry said the Glenwood Police Department interviewed David shortly after his wife’s disappearance but seemed to have only collected his timeline of events from the night Vikki was last seen. The Illinois State Police tried to interview David again, but Gentry said David refused to meet. Gentry told Dateline that David Vukelich is considered a suspect in Vikki’s disappearance, but “in the state of Illinois, if you don’t have a body, you don’t have a crime.” David Vukelich did not respond to Dateline’s request for comment on the case. Tony Gentry is retired now, but told Dateline in early 2019 that he still makes calls on Vikki’s case. In November 2022, the Glenwood Police Department told Dateline that “at this time, we don't have any updates and she is believed to be still missing.” At the time of her disappearance, Vikki was 5’4” and weighed about 110 lbs., with blonde hair and blue eyes. She would be 63 years old today. If you have any information on the circumstances surrounding Vikki’s disappearance, please call the Illinois State Police at (217) 785-2035.

Name: Vikki Lynn Vukelich
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: February 23, 1991
Location Last Seen: Glenwood, Cook County, Illinois.

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: January 6, 1959
Race: White
Height: 5'1"-5'4"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Three piercings in left ear, five piercings in right ear, surgical scar from Cesarean section on abdomen. Wears clear contacts and glasses with plastic frames. Alias: Vicki

Identifiers​

Dentals: Crooked upper and lower teeth.

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Possibly wearing night clothes which would be a long sleeve shirt, sweatpants, and socks. Usually wears gold hoop earrings, diamond earrings, and ruby earrings, gold necklace with a "cross" pendant, gold wedding ring on left ring finger.

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Vukelich was last seen on February 23, 1991 in her home in Glenwood, Illinois.

A witness saw figures in a car at the Vukelich house on the night of her disappearance and heard a woman's voice screaming, 'Help me, please help me.' The car took off, and Vukelich was reported missing the next day.

Vukelich and her husband were going through a rocky marriage, with Vukelich winning an order of protection against him in 1988 after she told police he tried to strangle her and threatened to kill her. She filed for divorce, then attempted to reconcile with her husband, but he allegedly continued to beat her through late 1989.

Then her husband began accusing Vukelich of attacking him. He accused her of throwing a cup of hot coffee at him in August 1990. And she was arrested in November 1990 when her husband called the police complaining that she hit and bit him. A police officer accused Vukelich of resisting arrest. An arrest warrant was issued for her after she disappeared.

A new garage floor was built, new carpeting installed and the house sold shortly after Vukelich disappeared

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back