IL IL - Vikki Lynn Vukelich, 32, Glenwood, 24 Feb 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it! Watch for the news tonight on Fox at 9, let's just keep our fingers crossed! Thanks again for being so thoughtful! Take Care!
Mom2threestooges said:
Hi Jill. I live in Crown Point, IN and am friends with your friend Kelly. You and I met once at Kelly's house. I've followed this story closely, and you show remarkable strength and courage. I bet your mom is very proud of you for keeping her story out there.

Once again, I just wanted to thank everyone for supporting our family! I hope you all were able to watch the news and hopefully some good will come if this!

I also wanted to know if anybody knew how to make a website for my mom. The Charley Project made a webpage, but I would like something more detailed - I just don't know how to do it; so if anybody has any info of how to make a website, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks again and I will keep you posted!

We have a press conference scheduled for sometime next week to post a reward for anybody with any info! I'll let you know exactly what day as soon as I find out! Thanks everyone!

Here's hoping that brings someone forward now that years have passed

I really want to thank you so much! It seems eveytime I'm on here looking for something, anything, new about my mom - you are also. Alot of people get sick of hearing about the case and it's sad. It's a really good feeling knowing you care and I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate it!

lymom3 said:
Here's hoping that brings someone forward now that years have passed

To the contrary, your mom is one of the lucky ones all things considered. She was loved and is missed by you and by others. So many stories I see here are nothing but a police dept blurb. There are no other articles; no family that seems to care at all. No one deserves to be killed because they are in a bad marriage yet you can find those stories here over and over again. It is certainly not fair that the spouse gets to continue having a normal life as if nothing has happened. I pray that with the passage of time there are bonds that have been broken or lessened; conscienses that will kick in. If it takes money to "get" a consciense, then so be it.

The news conference is set! Thurs Mar 9 @ 1:00 p.m. Everyone should be there! Hopefully we get a good turn out! Wish me luck!

The news conference was held today! CBS & NBC already aired it at 4 & 5, but it will air again at 10. (est)
Fox & WGN will air at 9 p.m. (est)
The following papers also attended and will be in tomorrows paper
The Times
Sun-Times
Daily Southtown
Tribune

Hope everyone is able to get access to one of those broadcasts or papers.
Thanks for your support.

How fantastic. That is an impressive reward. I know that your mom has to be so proud of you. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Reward climbs to $200,000 for information in missing persons case Sunday, March 12, 2006
By Glen Leyden, The Star

A $200,000 reward is being offered for information about Vikki Vukelich, a Glenwood woman who has been missing for 15 years. Family and friends are hopeful the reward will generate new tips that will lead to a break in the case that has consumed their lives since Vukelich disappeared Feb. 23, 1991.

Anyone with information on Vukelich's disappearance is asked to call 1-800-459-2185 ext. 2001. Information is confidential. Jill Crawford, Vukelich's daughter, has hired a personal investigator and contacted A&E's popular crime show "Cold Case Files."

ARTICLE CONTINUES AT....
http://www.starnewspapers.com/star/spnews/news/12-sp7.htm

Your mother is quite beautiful. I am sorry this has happened.

I would suggest that you have a free age progression photo made of her. This will aid in the search in case she is still alive. Please contact me and I will put you in touch with the person who can arrange this for you.

kelly.jolkowski(at sign)projectjason.org

Hi Jill,
I'd like to make a suggestion, and that's to find a good, clear, close up photograph of your former step father and have it posted with pictures of your mother. The reason is that while someone who lives in the area may not recognize your mother, they may recognize your former step father.
Since I have lived in the Chicago area virtually all my life (and even in Glenwood during the 1980s), I clicked on the information concerning your mother with the idea that I might recognize her, but I didn't. Then I tried to look for a pic of your former step father, thinking that maybe I'd recognize him, but I was only able to find one fuzzy picture. I must say though, the last name is familiar. I coached gymnastics in the area for awhile, so maybe I came across the name that way.
Who knows, maybe someone who was hiking in one of the local forest preserves or something may have seen him, kwim?
It's awful that you've had to go through this, and I think you're right, your mother would never have just up and left you.
Was the beauty shop that the tape showed the little one that's on South Park? I'm just curious.
Again, I'm sorry this has happened.

It is 16 years today since Vikki has been missing...just know that she has not been forgotten.

I'm new to WS and this is my first post. I hope I am doing this correctly. I found an UID on Doe network: The height, hair color, some of the clothing and jewelry seem to match and I do see some facial similarities. The UID was found in 1995. What do you think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/220ufil.html

my God. That's a really good match, except for the hair, but who knows. So many things add up. How far is Champaign County from where she went missing?

Glenwood and Thomasboro are about 100 miles apart.

On the Charley Project site her hair is described as blond and the pictures show varying shades with red highlights. The Doe Network states dark brown with red highlights. The red highlights are what caught my attention. Also, on the National Center for Missing Persons her profile states she has "crooked upper and lower teeth", the same as on the Doe Network.

The remains were found 4 years after she disappeared and they thought that had been placed there the year before. The dates are off, unless she had been buried some where else previously. It seems a lot of the identifing physical characteristics, clothing and jewelry match, and I think there is a strong resemblance.

Any advise on how to investigate further would be greatly apprecited!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vukelich_vikki.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/220ufil.html
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200604077S

Hi Missouri Mom and welcome to WS! This is a really good match you found.

Have you sent jillngav a private message letting her know you found this and that she should take a look? Even if she hasn't been on WS for awhile it will generate an email to her personal email account to let her know she has a new message at websleuths.

What part of MO are you from? I was born and raised in Springfield.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back