FL FL - Kathleen Jones, visiting mom at living fac 160 Islander Ct, went for walk & didn't ret, left personal items behind, Longwood, 18 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1666265038196.png

LONGWOOD, Fla. – Police are searching for a missing woman that was last seen leaving a Longwood living facility Tuesday night after visiting her mother.

Kathleen Jones, of Altamonte Springs, left Cascade Heights, a living facility located at 160 Islander Court, Tuesday around 9 p.m. to take a walk, “leaving all of her personal belongings behind,” police said in a Facebook post.

Police said she did not return to collect her belongings and her family hasn’t been able to locate or communicate with her since.

“Her family is worried about her and just wants to know she is safe. No foul play is suspected at this time,” the department added.

Cascade Heights released the following statement regarding the investigation:

“The authorities are currently searching for a missing person who was a visitor to our community on Tuesday, October 18. At this time, an active investigation is underway, and we are working with the authorities to provide information and access to our facilities and grounds.

As this was not a resident of Cascade Heights, we have no additional information. Our primary concern is the safety and security of our residents and associates, and we are limiting visitors to our property to only employees of Cascade Heights, residents, and family members of our residents until the investigation concludes.”

Cascade Heights spokesperson

If you have seen Jones or have any information that might help her family locate her, please contact the Longwood Police Department.

Longwood Police Facebook:

No age or description given.

According to NamUs, the missing woman and her sister were cleaning out their mother’s room at Cascade Heights, since the mother had died earlier that day. The death puts a different light on the disappearance for me—-I wonder if Kathleen has sadly taken her own life. She’s been missing since Oct. 18!

According to NamUs, the missing woman and her sister were cleaning out their mother’s room at Cascade Heights, since the mother had died earlier that day. The death puts a different light on the disappearance for me—-I wonder if Kathleen has sadly taken her own life. She’s been missing since Oct. 18!
My initial thought also.

I agree. At first I thought she’d just visited her mom, and went for a walk, which made me wonder about foul play. But now that I see she was cleaning out the room of her mother who had just died, it sounds as if the grief may have been just too much for her to bear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back