Found Deceased FL - Kayla Laray Atwood, 32, Pensacola, 3 Jan 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is also an ongoing paternity case where she is the respondent in the case. The gentleman bringing the case has filed a motion on Jan 8 2024 and has asked the court for an emergency hearing.
Right, I'd assume that the emergency hearing is to get custody since at that point she had been missing for 5 days and we don't know who her/their child/children have been with since. This man is also not who she is currently married to and they have DV issues from further back so I'd assume he is the father of one or more of her older children since she has a child or children with her current husband who are probably the youngest. She does have rather a lot of violent run-ins with both men and women where she is the aggressor so that is concerning to me as well.

I did some digging on the court site just to get a jist of what’s going on in her life. Most of her cases are due to traffic stuff. Not having proof of car insurance, child restraints (prolly no car seat or kids not being properly restrained in the backseat) , driving on a suspended license, but she does have some domestic cases as well. Some she is the perpetrator - battery, stalking, and I found one where she filed a restraining order on a male (not her husband). <modsnip: no source link> She seems to be going through a troubled time in her life. I hope no one has sought retaliation on her and that she is just on the run clearing her head. Very concerning. I really hope she is okay and that she will surface soon and get her life in order. Her children need their mama.
Thanks - I was working yesterday and only had a quick break to find the records but not enough time to look at each one in detail. I appreciate you taking the time to do that and update everyone here.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE: Members please review the links below this post to remind yourselves of the rules you agreed to when you signed up here. Multiple posts have been removed.

Particularly - rumors from social media are NOT allowed. Nor is naming/sleuthing a person not named POI by LE. When LE reports it, when MSM reports it, you can post it.

Further violations will result in a temporary thread ban or time out.

After some digging, it looks like she dropped them off at daycare <modsnip> about 10 minutes away from the 2300 W Belmont address where she got in the Penske truck.

In the image of her there are clear parking space lines and the only thing I can see on that block with parking spaces is the Community Health Northwestern Florida center. If you zoom into the street level you can also see the telephone poles which you can see in the photo of her and they would most likely have surveillance video there. Did she maybe have an appt there?

She has a battery charge from 6/2/23 so I wonder if this was something domestic and she knew the person in the truck or if it was a stranger. I wouldn't think that a mother of 4 would just get in a box truck with a random person she didn't know but its certainly possible. Where is her car?

View attachment 473336
Were all the children dropped off at the daycare and others left at home? I wish police had released a portion of the video rather than a picture. It looks like she was not in mid step but had actually stopped in her tracks. Could someone have displayed a weapón and demanded she gets in the truck.
How far is her home from the daycare / school? How did she get the kids to daycare/school this day? Have the kids ever been dropped off in that truck?
IMO, investigators have other videos evidence and it is likely that s significant other knóws more about her disappearsnce. The driver of that truck has all the answers and IMO the person is not unknown to police.

Were all the children dropped off at the daycare and others left at home? I wish police had released a portion of the video rather than a picture. It looks like she was not in mid step but had actually stopped in her tracks. Could someone have displayed a weapón and demanded she gets in the truck.
How far is her home from the daycare / school? How did she get the kids to daycare/school this day? Have the kids ever been dropped off in that truck?
IMO, investigators have other videos evidence and it is likely that s significant other knóws more about her disappearsnce. The driver of that truck has all the answers and IMO the person is not unknown to police.
Today, I've learned a valuable lesson! My experience just a few minutes ago solidifies that. Things are not always what they seem. The driver of the Penske truck, IMO does not have the answers.

There is a police report for case # 2024 CF 000159 A that is related to Kayla's disappearance. It gives more information. Read the arrest warrant for more information. You can search for it at the Escambia County Clerk's Office. By the way, this city, maybe all of Florida has a great website to search cases. My city is nothing like this.

Today, I've learned a valuable lesson! My experience just a few minutes ago solidifies that. Things are not always what they seem. The driver of the Penske truck, IMO does not have the answers.

There is a police report for case # 2024 CF 000159 A that is related to Kayla's disappearance. It gives more information. Read the arrest warrant for more information. You can search for it at the Escambia County Clerk's Office. By the way, this city, maybe all of Florida has a great website to search cases. My city is nothing like this.
Agree and now I feel badly for the man in the Penske truck as it seems that is where all the attention went with releasing that photo. IMO after reading the arrest record from LE it appears he is just an innocent bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time and likely nothing suspect about it.

I can't bring it up, probably due to being in the UK

Thank you! Wow, there's a ton of information here. :)

From the article:
  • Mikhail Fountain, 34, was arrested on a charge of tampering with evidence.
  • He is being held in Escambia County Jail, $50,000 bond.
  • The driver of the Penske truck dropped Atwood off at her home at 2:30 p.m.
  • Minutes later, she was last seen getting into a pickup truck that matched the description of one owned by Fountain.
  • Neighbors told police that Fountain asked to see their surveillance about 4:30 pm on Jan 3.
  • LE learned a large number of files were deleted.
  • Sworn statements by neighbors show Fountain was the last person to see the footage.
  • Fountain's phone was seized after "odd behavior" surrounding the investigation.
  • He told police he deleted all messages between him and Atwood.
  • Text records show conversations between Fountain and Atwood over a three-and-a-half-hour period early in the day on Jan. 3.
  • Her phone was cut off just over an hour after their last communication.
  • The driver of the Penske truck told police he met Atwood two nights before her disappearance on a dating app.
  • For the next two days, he says he dropped Atwood's kids off at daycare and ran a delivery route with Atwood as his passenger.
  • After dropping her off the day of her disappearance, the Penske truck driver said he received a call five minutes later from Atwood's phone. A male voice asked repeatedly "Who is this?" before hanging up.
  • Pensacola Police Crime Scene investigators were back at Fountain's home on N G Street on Thursday, searching the property.

Mikhail Fountain Florida DOC Record
MF previously served time for gun charges
Shooting into a vehicle/building
Felon with a firearm...
Aggravated assault with a weapon...
Altering the id on a gun

I wonder if he has charges in other states. He just needs to tell where she's at. Keeping thoughts that she is somewhere hidden, but safe and will come home to her family.

JAN 12, 2024
[...]

Mikhail Fountain, 34, was first charged three days ago with destroying evidence in connection to Atwood's disappearance. He was then released from jail Thursday around 6:15 p.m. on $50,000 bond.

Jail records show Fountain was arrested again Friday morning around 2:10 a.m. on these charges:
  • homicide
  • battery
  • resisting arrest
He is being held in Escambia County Jail on no bond.

[...]

WEAR News received reports that investigators searched the area of N Crow Road in Escambia County late Thursday night, but those details have not been confirmed by law enforcement.

[...]

Well holy heck .glad le figured it out
Right, seems like the evidence was pretty obvious based on his thankfully not so smart or discreet words and actions to tell that he was both lying and had something to hide.

It will be interesting though to see what evidence they found that led them to the battery and homicide charges fairly quickly. Praying they already found her remains or had enough for the homicide charge and will find her to give her family at least that closure and have swift justice.

It pains me to see all the cute photos of her and her four children only a couple of days prior...so sad for them to have lost her.

SNIPPED:
A 34-year-old man is charged with murdering missing Pensacola mother Kayla Atwood after her body was located overnight.

Mikhail Fountain was arrested around 2:10 a.m. Friday for homicide, battery and resisting arrest. He was previously arrested Tuesday in connection to the case on a charge of destroying evidence, then released on a $50,000 bond Thursday evening.

Pensacola Police announced Friday morning that remains of Atwood's body were located late Thursday night in a shallow grave in the woods near the intersection of Fairfield Drive and Crow Road in Escambia County. Fountain was then arrested on N G Street.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back