Found Deceased FL - Kayla Laray Atwood, 32, Pensacola, 3 Jan 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I can post this now. His name was mentioned by her sister on fb right after she went missing. So they knew something was amiss with him. So sorry for her family and kiddos. Very sad!
Praying for some sort of comfort to her family. Every week we hear about these unstable men taking these women lives. So, so heartbroken.

JAN 12, 2024
[...]

"While speaking with (the neighbor), she mentioned that Mikhail Fountain had come over Wednesday morning (Jan. 3) in his white pickup truck, asking to see her camera footage," a police report says. "Mikhail wanted to see what vehicle picked Atwood up in the morning."

The report says Fountain returned later that same day and asked to see the cameras again, allegedly telling the neighbor Atwood had been kidnapped and he was trying find clues about her disappearance.

The PPD officer who wrote the report noted that Atwood was not reported missing until two days after Fountain allegedly told the neighbor he was finding clues about her kidnapping.

[...]

AE said he had met Atwood on a dating site and took her children to school on Jan. 2 and Jan. 3. He said when he dropped Atwood off at her home on Jan. 3, Fountain was at the home.

[...]

JAN 12, 2024
[...]

The evening of Jan. 11, eight days after Atwood disappeared, cadaver dogs found her body in a shallow grave in a wooded area off the side of the road in Escambia County, police said.

Evidence pointed to Fountain, police said. When they went to re-arrest him, they said he hid from them, leading to a resisting arrest charge.

[...]

Jealousy is a probable motive, Randall said. He added Fountain has not been cooperative with investigators.

[...]

I pray Kayla Rests in Peace and for her family and children. I also feel really bad for AE because while it's understandable LE wanted to find out why Kayla was getting in the truck, he was actually taking toddlers to daycare (helping their mother since she had transportation issues) and then they were working a delivery route together. Sounds like genuine kindness to me, and I'm glad MF's apparent plan to frame him failed.

Also, if Kayla helped run any packages on the route to customers' doors or even if she stayed in the truck, there are probably at least some customers who still have camera footage of her, proving she was safe throughout the route, just in case someone in court still tries to argue otherwise.

Finally, it seemed strange that MF would show up twice at the neighbor's house to view the Blink footage. I suspect he viewed the footage, absolutely panicked when he realized he was on film but realized he didn't know how to delete the footage and then returned after he'd researched that process. Forensics on his phone and/or computer between the two visits might be interesting. ETA: Just looked up the process myself and especially if someone was in a state of panic, he might not be able to figure it out right away.

"PENSACOLA, Fla. -- A man is in custody and charged in connection to the missing person case of 32-year-old Pensacola mother Kayla Atwood.

Mikhail Fountain, 34, was arrested late Tuesday night on a charge of tampering with evidence. He is being held in Escambia County Jail on $50,000 bond."

She was dropped back off at home by the Penske driver around 2:30pm, and a truck matching the description of one Fountain drives picked her up a short time later.

The ex then went to her neighbors and asked to view their surveillance footage. By the time police got access to them they realized a large number of them had been deleted.

Last edited:

"PENSACOLA, Fla. -- A man is in custody and charged in connection to the missing person case of 32-year-old Pensacola mother Kayla Atwood.

Mikhail Fountain, 34, was arrested late Tuesday night on a charge of tampering with evidence. He is being held in Escambia County Jail on $50,000 bond."

She was dropped back off at home by the Penske driver around 2:30pm, and a truck matching the description of one Fountain drives picked her up a short time later.

The ex then went to her neighbors and asked to view their surveillance footage. By the time police got access to them they realized a large number of them had been deleted.
he actually got out on the 50k then got rearrested. it was a bit up and down for a moment there

Pensacola Police announced Friday morning that remains of Atwood's body were located late Thursday night in a shallow grave in the woods near the intersection of Fairfield Drive and Crow Road in Escambia County. Fountain was then arrested on N G Street, where he lives in the 300 block.

JAN 12, 2024
[...]

There's often a common denominator in these domestic violence cases. That common thread is a dangerous need for power and control.

While jealousy can be the match that sparks the flame of violence.

An expert says fear of losing control over a victim can lead to an explosion of anger and abuse.

[...]

"I know sometimes people say, well what did she do to make him so angry, make him so mad? I heard the word jealousy. We all have that emotion, jealousy. But it doesn't give us a right to kill," Travis said.

Travis wants people to realize the abuser's number one fear is losing power and control.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back