Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but we are not privvy to why she did that. There could have been any reason that she decided or had to remove herself from her former partner, We also do not know if she did not have custody at some time, do we?

It has been reported , upstream in this thread, that he has never lived with his mother after the age of 5. She said so herself, saying something like ' it is normal to want to move in with one parent if you have always lived with the other' ...[paraphrasing.]

And true, there could be any number of reasons that she decided to remove herself from her former partner. But whatever the reasons, it is still sad that her very young son lived so far away from his Mum.

Thank you for the compliment Razz. Hopefully,you will never endure the painfulness of this tragic situation as a Mom, Dad, family member or friend. My heart goes out to those who know the French and Mott families.
I hope no one has to suffer such a tragedy. I think trying to dissect what happened and getting answers helps
to reassure me that it won't. But that is probably wishful thinking. Because who really knows? I doubt LM can articulate it or anyone else for that matter.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Are we forgetting the victim in this case? In my mind the only reason for killing is defending yourself or someone else, which no one is claiming happened. moo

RIP Kristina French

Are we forgetting the victim in this case? In my mind the only reason for killing is defending yourself or someone else, which no one is claiming happened. moo

RIP Kristina French

It is really hard for me to understand the motive in this case.

He claims he is innocent of the crime of murder. I am having a hard time understanding how someone else killed her, and he ended up stealing her car, wallet and took the guns and bloody knife along too.

He claims he is innocent of the crime of murder. I am having a hard time understanding how someone else killed her, and he ended up stealing her car, wallet and took the guns and bloody knife along too.

It will be very interesting to hear his story of what happened, for sure.

Florida teen accused of killing, burying grandmother heads back to court.

Florida teen accused of killing, burying grandmother heads back to courtPolice: Logan Mott shot, stabbed grandmother, stole her car, drove to border

By*Francine Frazier*- Senior web editor

Posted: 6:19 PM, December 17, 2017Updated: 6:21 PM, December 17, 2017

Logan Mott at his first Duval County appearance on murder and car theft charges. Public Defender Carlie Cofer appeared with Mott.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.*- A 15-year-old Neptune Beach boy accused of killing his grandmother, burying her in the backyard and driving her car to the Canadian border will be in court Monday morning for an arraignment.

Logan Mott*is*charged with second-degree murder, which is a murder that was not premeditated or planned, in the killing of his grandmother,*Kristina French.

Police said Mott stabbed and shot French, 53, then buried her in a shallow grave in his yard and left town in her Dodge Dart.

ADVERTISEMENT

French had been taking care of Mott while his father was on vacation. The*two were reported missing Nov. 22*after Mott's father returned to a ransacked, empty house. Eric Mott, a JSO corrections officer, reported several guns had been taken from the home.

Days later, police*announced they had found a body, later identified as French, buried in the backyard. Later that night, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents*stopped Mott because he was driving the wrong way*on Peace Bridge in Buffalo, New York, authorities said.

At the time, he was charged only with stealing French's car.

Prosecutors said three firearms -- including two service weapons belonging to Mott's father -- and a bloody knife were found in the car.

On Nov. 28, *advertiser censored*judge signed the arrest warrantcharging Mott with French's murder.

Pending his court hearings, Mott is*being held in a 90-square-foot isolation cell*in the Duval County Jail, where his father works.

Mott, an insulin-dependent diabetic, is allowed one hour of recreation daily, but officials said he does that alone.

Mott's mother, who lives in Missouri, has*expressed concern over how her son is being treated*by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Copyright 2017 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/flori...lling-burying-grandmother-heads-back-to-court

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s rarely appropriate for anyone under 18 to be housed in the adult detention center, but nearly unbelievable in this case. Serious conflict of interest issues here.

The ONLY thing I can think of, he was drinking. When people drink they do not remember what they did after they come out of their stupor. Grandma could have caught him drinking, got mad at him and he struck out. Unfortunately many people have committed crimes while inebriated and suffer the consequences the next day.

The ONLY thing I can think of, he was drinking. When people drink they do not remember what they did after they come out of their stupor. Grandma could have caught him drinking, got mad at him and he struck out. Unfortunately many people have committed crimes while inebriated and suffer the consequences the next day.
Or possibly taking pills sent him into psychosis. But, if he did do it, then he still did it whether or not he remembers. But 3 to 6 days of no memories while heading to Canada ? I don't know how...

It’s rarely appropriate for anyone under 18 to be housed in the adult detention center, but nearly unbelievable in this case. Serious conflict of interest issues here.
It is Florida law. If you are charged as an adult you are not kept in a juvenile detention center. There is nothing unusual about that aspect at all with respect to Florida. As for his father working at the jail he has been re-assigned to other duties. The safest place in the adult jail system in Florida for Logan Mott to be is where his father works.

In updates on one of the Jacksonville news articles it says Dominic Saraceno has taken on the Logan Mott case for free and also has a Guardian Ad Litem as his advocate.

It is Florida law. If you are charged as an adult you are not kept in a juvenile detention center. There is nothing unusual about that aspect at all with respect to Florida. As for his father working at the jail he has been re-assigned to other duties. The safest place in the adult jail system in Florida for Logan Mott to be is where his father works.

Didn't they keep the 12 year old in jail, before he was tried for murder? Or, is my memory failing again?

In updates on one of the Jacksonville news articles it says Dominic Saraceno has taken on the Logan Mott case for free and also has a Guardian Ad Litem as his advocate.

Does anyone know if lawyer Dominic Saraceno is licensed to practice law in Florida? As far as I can find, Florida does not allow admission on motion or reciprocity with any other jurisdiction.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/arti...es_to_ease_admission_of_out_of_state_lawyers/
https://www.floridabarexam.org/web/website.nsf/faq.xsp#2BCA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Bar_Examination

Or possibly taking pills sent him into psychosis. But, if he did do it, then he still did it whether or not he remembers. But 3 to 6 days of no memories while heading to Canada ? I don't know how...

Of course he remembered. Why would he run away with the guns and the knife, if he thought that he had nothing to do with it? Why bury her in a shallow grave, if he had no recollection of doing anything?

Of course he remembered. Why would he run away with the guns and the knife, if he thought that he had nothing to do with it? Why bury her in a shallow grave, if he had no recollection of doing anything?

As he headed to the border, withdrawing money from an ABM using his grandmother's bank card would seem to take some conscious effort. He knew she wasn't with him, so why'd he have her bank card while driving her car?

I'm interested in hearing his story. It's going to have to be more than he had nothing to do with anything or imo that jail cell is going to be home for a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse