Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now from Neptune Beach PD, too:

[video=twitter;934276054960795648]https://twitter.com/NeptBchPolice/status/934276054960795648[/video]

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...andma-missing-out-of-neptune-beach/653112263#

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - UPDATE, Friday, 11:08 p.m.: The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office confirms that Logan Mott is in custody. JSO said he was detained by the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol as he tried to enter Canada from Buffalo, NY.

Logan's mother Carrie Campbell-Mott released the following statement after learning her son was in custody:
"We are relieved he is safe and in custody and we just ask for everyone to give us time to sort out what happened. That no matter what, Logan is our child and we love him and are standing by him to help in any way. We want to find out what happened to Kristina and we need time for that to happen."

Oh thank goodness.
I'm just glad nobody else was killed or injured (that we know of).

This is such a terrible tragedy for her family. Her brother suffered from depression and committed suicide (her facebook) 2 years ago. I think she has at least one sister. So this poor sister loses her brother and now her sister has been murdered and quite possibly by her nephew whose life will basically be over if he indeed committed this crime. And, if he did this, the last face she saw was that of her own grandson who she dearly loved. Just such a sad, sad case. moo

It sure is. I hope we get some insight on to why he would do this... disturbing.

I think that's conjecture. When I reviewed the same public records, it appears the divorce was filed in 12/2004, and there is a final judgment in late 2007. The rest all seems to relate to child support, child custody, and child care. That means that the divorce itself was probably final with the "final judgment:. But in Florida, the child related items are still associated to the original case. Need a FL attorney (or local news pulling the full record) to confirm the actual timeline. Either way, the parents were divorcing when the boy was very young, it took a while, then they continued to contest various child care items in the courts until 2016. Still, those things included reference to a dispute about private school care, which tells me that the parents were not pushing him away, but perhaps arguing about what was best for the boy. MOO; would prefer to have a confirmed FL family law attorney weigh in versus us speculate.

MOO

That is good info. Thank you.

But my point remains the same, in that the parents have been fighting in court over custody/financial matters, essentially, his entire life. :mad:

Really? Can a divorce take that long? or just the settlement?

it looks like the divorce was finalized in 3 years but they have continued to battle in court over custody arrangements/schooling/financial stuff since then.

I live in the same super small town this is happening. I am actually at my boyfriends house (on the same street as the crime scene) right now. Wednesday afternoon there was a few cops, then more, then eventually roped off. They then just switched it to just the house roped off. I drove by during that time. Then they roped off the entire street again. Tonight it was all roped off, could see many cops and the mobile crime scene unit.
His Instagram account was up and public up until about an hour ago. Same w his dad & step mom (although now they're private- not gone completely.) I searched through all of it-- they all seem very normal and happy. They are very involved it seems. Dad and step mom posted a lot about Logan and Logan posted a lot with dad. They seemed to do a lot of activities together, one picture from august was them all having a game night and he looked very happy. So people saying they weren't involved.. don't think that's accurate. Also, from what I could see they were away at a friends wedding- which conflicts the idea that his dad just left for fun during thanksgiving. What I did notice was that Logan was very active on Instagram up until September. He hadn't posted anything since then.

Could be the fact he was unhappy in school like some are saying. Fletcher middle is across from his dads house and fletcher high school is a block away on the same street. 5 min walk from his house and they also have an advanced program. Sandalwood is a much... rougher school than fletcher. Do not see why he was sent there as opposed to fletcher.

This is all so disturbing. Was he so miserable at school this year that he was planning to run away and his grandmother found out something and confronted him? Maybe he did shove her and she did die by accident and then he tried to cover it up as a robbery? If this school is a "rougher" school, did he get bullied, or get involved with the wrong crowd in an attempt to fit in and those people gave him ideas about taking off? Or did he get involved in drugs? Sometimes even the kids that look super straight laced can hide their drug use very well. Maybe he was on something and his grandmother caught him or he was just affected by whatever drugs he was using.

I'm just speculating, btw! NOTHING has been reported about him using drugs, but I am just trying to make sense of what seems to be a totally senseless thing. Maybe he was suffering from some level of depression, or other mental health issues, but the parents are not wanting to admit to that. For some people that is still taboo. I just wonder what was going on under the surface. There has to be something that will come out eventually.

moo

Hard to imagine that Grandmother died in an accident and so she is buried in the yard in a shallow grave.

I think someone has been in denial about their son's mental/emotional situation for awhile.

It's possible. But it is also possible Logan hid it very well if he was struggling. People can be capable of unbelievable deception.

This is all so disturbing. Was he so miserable at school this year that he was planning to run away and his grandmother found out something and confronted him? Maybe he did shove her and she did die by accident and then he tried to cover it up as a robbery? If this school is a "rougher" school, did he get bullied, or get involved with the wrong crowd in an attempt to fit in and those people gave him ideas about taking off? Or did he get involved in drugs? Sometimes even the kids that look super straight laced can hide their drug use very well. Maybe he was on something and his grandmother caught him or he was just affected by whatever drugs he was using.

I'm just speculating, btw! NOTHING has been reported about him using drugs, but I am just trying to make sense of what seems to be a totally senseless thing. Maybe he was suffering from some level of depression, or other mental health issues, but the parents are not wanting to admit to that. For some people that is still taboo. I just wonder what was going on under the surface. There has to be something that will come out eventually.

moo
Glad you're here, Cookie!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

so the court proceedings stopped around the time he moved in with his dad?

moo

i think something happened sunday night, or monday morning as someone else suggested. he had those two days to figure out what to do, and probably took off the night before his dad came home, after sending out texts (he left his phone right?). so how many hours of driving did he do to get from florida to the canadian border? i can't even imagine if he slept at all. who knows, drugs could very well be a possibility. meth psychosis comes to mind.

so the court proceedings stopped around the time he moved in with his dad?

i think something happened sunday night, or monday morning as someone else suggested. he had those two days to figure out what to do, and probably took off the night before his dad came home, after sending out texts (he left his phone right?). so how many hours of driving did he do to get from florida to the canadian border? i can't even imagine if he slept at all. who knows, drugs could very well be a possibility. meth psychosis comes to mind.

It's just over 1,000 miles and around 16 hours from Jax to Buffalo.

I live in the same super small town this is happening. I am actually at my boyfriends house (on the same street as the crime scene) right now. Wednesday afternoon there was a few cops, then more, then eventually roped off. They then just switched it to just the house roped off. I drove by during that time. Then they roped off the entire street again. Tonight it was all roped off, could see many cops and the mobile crime scene unit.
His Instagram account was up and public up until about an hour ago. Same w his dad & step mom (although now they're private- not gone completely.) I searched through all of it-- they all seem very normal and happy. They are very involved it seems. Dad and step mom posted a lot about Logan and Logan posted a lot with dad. They seemed to do a lot of activities together, one picture from august was them all having a game night and he looked very happy. So people saying they weren't involved.. don't think that's accurate. Also, from what I could see they were away at a friends wedding- which conflicts the idea that his dad just left for fun during thanksgiving. What I did notice was that Logan was very active on Instagram up until September. He hadn't posted anything since then.

Could be the fact he was unhappy in school like some are saying. Fletcher middle is across from his dads house and fletcher high school is a block away on the same street. 5 min walk from his house and they also have an advanced program. Sandalwood is a much... rougher school than fletcher. Do not see why he was sent there as opposed to fletcher.

Thank You for the local information. I am glad to hear that his instagram showed them doing a lot of things together. I should always keep in mind that people don't use their FB's that often compared to instagram and snapchat etc.

I think that you misunderstood me. Someone claimed that the divorce took 11 (eleven) and a half years. Is that even possible?
FWIW, my brother's and former sister-in-law's divorce is going on 17 years in April 2018. They're both ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

it looks like the divorce was finalized in 3 years but they have continued to battle in court over custody arrangements/schooling/financial stuff since then.

Court filings does not necessarily mean they were fighting each other. They can amicably agree to any arrangement and then submit to paperwork to the court. The court then approves it and whatever changes were done become official.

Child support can change at certain ages (in my state it's 6, 12 and 16 I think), and changes can be requested if an income change happens. Parents can also come to their own agreements for any reason - who is paying for private school, who is paying travel expenses, lots of different things.

It's not fair to assume they've been fighting all these years and kept the kid in nonstop turmoil.

Court filings does not necessarily mean they were fighting each other. They can amicably agree to any arrangement and then submit to paperwork to the court. The court then approves it and whatever changes were done become official.

Child support can change at certain ages (in my state it's 6, 12 and 16 I think), and changes can be requested if an income change happens. Parents can also come to their own agreements for any reason - who is paying for private school, who is paying travel expenses, lots of different things.

It's not fair to assume they've been fighting all these years and kept the kid in nonstop turmoil.

As recent as 2014 and 2015 there were motions for contempt, order for child pick-up, and subpoena to a DCF investigator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoRose