Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted the situation is of interest, however, a tweet fromJSO is unprofessional and unbelievably crass. IMO. This is the kind of crap media sends out as teasers to watch the next scheduled news program. The boy is a minor / juvenile aren’t there rules / laws regarding what information that can be released?

Granted the situation is of interest, however, a tweet fromJSO is unprofessional and unbelievably crass. IMO. This is the kind of crap media sends out as teasers to watch the next scheduled news program. The boy is a minor / juvenile aren’t there rules / laws regarding what information that can be released?

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2017/985.04
2017 Florida Statutes

2)(a)1. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, the name, photograph, address, and crime or arrest report of a child:
a. Taken into custody by a law enforcement officer for a violation of law which, if committed by an adult, would be a felony;
b. Charged with a violation of law which, if committed by an adult, would be a felony;
c. Found to have committed an offense which, if committed by an adult, would be a felony; or
d. Transferred to adult court pursuant to part X of this chapter,

are not considered confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) solely because of the child’s age.

And I believe they did this because a news station had reported inaccurately he was in custody before he actually was so JSO said they would let everyone know when he was in custody at some point after her was already there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#LoganMott Case: This report says Lt. Eric Mott notified @JSOPIO his gun safe was damaged, three guns were stolen along with pain medication - the pain medication is new info. @wjxt4 https://t.co/Bx1K4S0VyZ

https://www.news4jax.com/news/logan-mott-returned-to-jacksonville-to-face-murder-charge

Logan Mott back in Jacksonville to face murder charge, police say
15-year-old accused of killing his grandmother, taking off in her car

Updated: 6:20 PM, December 05, 2017

The teen had not been booked into the jail as of 6 p.m.
[...]
According to the sources, there was an informal agreement between Mott's Buffalo attorney and the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office that Mott would be taken to a juvenile detention facility outside of Duval County because of concern over conflict of interest, as his father is a lieutenant at the Duval County jail.

The closest Department of Juvenile Justice Facility outside of Jacksonville is in Volusia County.

Mott will be arraigned on the murder charge Wednesday, sources said.
[...]

Oh wow, he used Grandma's stolen debit card on Thanksgiving....

French, 53, was taking care of Mott while his father was on vacation. They were reported missing after Eric Mott returned Nov. 22 to find his home ransacked, and several guns and his mother's car gone.

The next day, the affidavit said, surveillance video captured Mott using his grandmother's debit card on Thanksgiving at an ATM in Pennsylvania, giving Jacksonville police their first lead on the teen's whereabouts and that he was alive.

So he stole her wallet, her car and the weapons used to kill her, but he wasn't involved in her death? :thinking:

He will probably be tried as an adult and treated like one. He seemed to make 'grown up' decisions, to steal a wallet, a car, some weapons, and bury a body in the yard. Too late to be treated like a child once you begin making adult decisions.

#LoganMott Case: This report says Lt. Eric Mott notified @JSOPIO his gun safe was damaged, three guns were stolen along with pain medication - the pain medication is new info. @wjxt4 https://t.co/Bx1K4S0VyZ

It says pain medication was stolen. I wonder if he was abusing them and it led to what happened. It can be dangerous for a diabetic and can cause psychotic episodes because generally because they aren't managing diabetes during abuse or addiction. Just really sad...

NEW: Arrest affidavit says #LoganMott shot his grandmother to death. Prosecutors in NY told a judge Mott stabbed & shot her; we now know gunshot was fatal. Don’t know if stab wounds were during a struggle or post-mortem. No mention of stab wounds by Jax officials here. @wjxt4 https://t.co/U1ZgEfcsxZ

Why does this say Kristina's car has not yet been located? Wasn't that what he was driving when he was caught on the bridge?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When this first happened, I was really willing to believe that it was and awful accident and I felt sorry for how scared he must have been, but it is something else entirely, now.

Why does this say Kristina's car has not yet been located? Wasn't that what he was driving when he was caught on the bridge?

Maybe the affidavit was before they found him. I couldn't find a date on it.

Just saw on the news that pain medicine was also missing from the house.

Are you reading the Affidavit for Arrest Warrant?

In the document on 11 - 24 - 17 the suspect was detained in Buffalo and was in possession of the vehicle and firearms (both of which were discovered missing, along with the pain medication, after Eric arrived home).

UPDATE, 12/5/17, 7:30 p.m.:*State Attorney Melissa Nelson released the following statement after Logan Mott arrived back in Duval County:

“Almost two weeks after an initial missing persons case shifted to a murder investigation, Logan Mott is back in Duval County. Mott has been charged as an adult with second-degree murder and grand theft auto.*
"I’d like to thank the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Erie County District Attorney’s Office, Erie County Youth Services, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, Neptune Beach Police Department, Buffalo Police Department, and other law enforcement agencies along the East Coast that have assisted in bringing Mott back to Jacksonville.*
"We understand this is a case of great interest, but because it is pending we will not be providing further comment.”

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...headed-back-to-florida-from-buffalo/659044892

I wonder why 2nd degree murder.

UPDATE, 12/5/17, 7:30 p.m.:*State Attorney Melissa Nelson released the following statement after Logan Mott arrived back in Duval County:

“Almost two weeks after an initial missing persons case shifted to a murder investigation, Logan Mott is back in Duval County. Mott has been charged as an adult with second-degree murder and grand theft auto.*

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...headed-back-to-florida-from-buffalo/659044892

I wonder why 2nd degree murder.

Interesting....more to the story. I found the following:

"The statute also punishes as second degree murder the killing of another human being during the commission of a felony that is imminently dangerous to human life. Also, if the defendant was involved in the commission of a predicate felony, but the homicide was perpetrated by another co-felon, the defendant can be charged with second degree murder.["
"If a person commits a predicate felony, but was not the direct contributor to the death of the victim then the person will be charged with murder in the second degree - felony murder which is a felony of the first degree. The maximum prison term is life.*[8][7]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder_rule_(Florida)

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

rs/bbm

Cause of death:
According to one affidavit for arrest warrant released Tuesday night, Mott shot his grandmother, Kristina French, to death. Prosecutors in New York told a judge that Mott stabbed and shot her, but the document revealed her cause of death was a gunshot wound.

That kid used a knife as well. So the gun was unnecessary in order to commit the deadly crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties