Found Deceased FL - Lane Graves, 2, Walt Disney World, 14 June 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Liberty lagoon connected to more than one water outlet? I don't thing the gator will be found. As sad as this is I don't believe every alligator spotted in the search should be killed.

They have to confirm that the child was actually killed by a gator though and this isn't a Casey Anthony type case.

Is Liberty lagoon connected to more than one water outlet? I don't thing the gator will be found. As sad as this is I don't believe every alligator spotted in the search should be killed.

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine if the alligator is the offending alligator without examining its stomach contents. If they have found 7 so far, then, I think Disney's management system is not as effective as they might have thought it was.

I hope the family can find comfort. I am not sure they are going to find this little boy.

Agree.

As I said above there will probably be no more accessible water ways. Everything will now have barricades, fences etc.

No fences are needed. Place some rocks there that hurt a person's feet - certainly not inviting like pristine white sand with the water lapping gently on the shoreline. Some of the beaches in Galveston are like that to discourage people from entering into dangerous waters (rip tides, etc.). The beaches that are safer have nice sand, activities, umbrellas, etc.

That's a good point too. If no one is in the water--that means that most people do follow the signs and they are efficient---then why this family in the water? It's not like they could say "But everyone else was!"
Other posters upthread have stated the opposite, that they've often seen people wading/ playing in and on the edge of the water. Maybe differences are based on time of year, what different people notice, etc.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine if the alligator is the offending alligator without examining its stomach contents. If they have found 7 so far, then, I think Disney's management system is not as effective as they might have thought it was.

I hope the family can find comfort. I am not sure they are going to find this little boy.

When they remove them from the Disney property (or when FWC removes them from a backyard) they are euthanized anyway.

For those asking, my local news is reporting the family has indeed been staying at the Grand Floridian.

It's interesting how Disney has not found the child yet. They've euthanized four gators and have been searching the waterbodies for 12+ hours. I believe they do a good job of relocating the gators so how many "suspects" could there possibly be?

There could be dozens at any given time...alligators come and go to bodies of water as they want. Stay awhile, sun a while, the mosie on down to the next watering hole.

These signs are everywhere, though. We've stayed at 4 different Disney resorts. Never once have I seen people venturing towards the water on a Disney beach. It's well known that you don't enter the water areas around Disney property.

I have as well (10+times) and have NEVER seen anyone in the water...pools only.

The shoreline area is mostly weeds/swampy looking...

"Disney is doing its best to keep the family comfortable."

For me, after witnessing my child like that, I would hope that includes an elephant tranquilizer that lasts about 10 years because that's what I'd need to be dealing with being there right about now.

This is a horrifying and tragic accident.

The father tried in vain to rescue his son.

Please be gentle with your words.

Thanks.

In pacing my living room. This is so awful. All of it. I don't know what to do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya...This place will do that to ya...

Idk..in this case, I think this was just a freak accident. I feel so bad for those parents.

Yes. I agree on both counts. Now they will have to barricade every water way to prevent a future event.

I fear water esp at night. My fear keeps me safe. I assumed everyone would know Florida water esp at night is not safe. But Disney shouldn't assume everyone knows this or will even follow the rules.

I guess the signs should have said:

No swimming
No going into the water
Not even a toe
We mean it!

But what about people who decide to go into the water at night? Better make the signs have flashing lights too.

and those will ignore the sign even if it signs BEWARE OF GATORS, and flashes NEON. But it would help. Such a tragedy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/terrified-brit-family-chased-alligator-8197003

A British family has told of their terror after being 'chased' by an alligator at a luxury Disney World hotel - just weeks before a toddler was attacked at the same resort.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh, boy. Disney is in a world of PR hurt right now. I can't imagine how the guests are feeling right now. I would have to save for years to go there, and I think maybe a lot of people do too. :(

I fear water esp at night. My fear keeps me safe. I assumed everyone would know Florida water esp at night is not safe. But Disney shouldn't assume everyone knows this or will even follow the rules.

I agree. I probably would have put my feet in the water, and that is because where I live the dangerous beaches are not attractive and are made to be uncomfortable with odd shaped/sharp rocks that deter anyone from even wading, much less going in. I would have felt it would have been okay for a few minutes - just my feet, not swimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton