Still Missing FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found alive on street), Miramar, 27 Jul 2020 #4 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How sad! This guy is a piece of work. I'm extremely disappointed that the main charges are dropped but I pray that they will get more info knowing he will be convicted on the charges they have. IMO

Charges are dismissed without prejudice, so they can still charge him for the exact same thing in the future. Also, double jeopardy doesn't exist between state and FBI. Although rare, technically they can both charge him for the same crimes if it concerns both jurisdictions.
FBI dropped the charges for kidnapping with ransom, which I personally don't see as a likely scenario and don't remember it being a thing here on WS either, so in a way, like de initial "lying to the feds" charges, IMO it could have been just to get him off the streets, and put pressure on him for info on LC, which I thus gather failed, or maybe they think state has a better case and thus more leverage?
To be continued I guess. But at least he isn't going anywhere for a while. Bond is 100.000 which I doubt a self proclaimed witch can come up with , with a snap of their fingers . (And even if he can, he'll get an GPS ankle monitor).

Finally a murder charge

Man Faces Second-Degree Murder Charge in Connection With Missing Mom Case

A man arrested following the disappearance of a young mother in South Florida is now facing new charges, including second-degree murder.

Shannon Ryan, 39, was arrested this past August following an FBI investigation into the disappearance of 21-year-old Leila Cavett. The Hollywood Police Department announced Tuesday that Ryan also faces charges of second-degree murder and tampering with evidence.

Finally a murder charge

Man Faces Second-Degree Murder Charge in Connection With Missing Mom Case

A man arrested following the disappearance of a young mother in South Florida is now facing new charges, including second-degree murder.

Shannon Ryan, 39, was arrested this past August following an FBI investigation into the disappearance of 21-year-old Leila Cavett. The Hollywood Police Department announced Tuesday that Ryan also faces charges of second-degree murder and tampering with evidence.
Finally! Hopefully justice will be served and he will receive a life sentence. I thought this was coming when I saw that the kidnapping charges were dropped.

185121717_273863684421635_7366368396998597410_n.jpg

Facebook

I've worked in Children's Services for 32 years, and I deal with all things fiscal day in/out for Foster Care, adoptions, CPS & Preventive services. We don't get grants, not sure where that idea comes from -- I'm in NY but have worked frequently with FL as I handle out-of-state adoptions that move into my district, and the money piece is pretty uniform across the country. I've found that the only thing that really varies from state-to-state is the amount of money paid to the foster parents, most everything else is comparable.
>>>> respectfully snipped for space <<<<
Thanks, @deadfoot13, for the very informative post.

I think a lot of folks do realize that the responsibilities of Social Service people are broad and they carry heavy caseloads. I know several friends who worked for our county Soc. Service, and it takes very dedicated people -- who, IMO, aren't paid enuff for the work they do. It's often tuff work, but they do have their victories -- just like we see here at WS.
Thank for doing the tuff work that all of you do, and may you see many victories.

Finally! Hopefully justice will be served and he will receive a life sentence. I thought this was coming when I saw that the kidnapping charges were dropped.
bbm
So did I -- As soon as I saw that the kidnap charge, I smiled. "It's gonna be a murder charge!" I said to myself, gleefully!
I'm thinking many of us had the same thought, too.
Excellent!
Maybe it'll get moved up to 1st degree before it's all over. Surely there was pre-planning.

Last edited:
I wonder if this could be LC? If Google Maps is correct, this is some 3,5 hours away from Hollywood, Florida.
Skeletal remains found at Gemini Springs Park in DeBary

I have no knowledge of the area, so I have no idea if it’s possible to transport a body there or if this is an area only a hiker could have gotten to.

ETA:
FL - Skeltel Remains Found, Gemini Springs Park, DeBary, Florida, 28th May 2021
The perp had a car, Debary is off the beaten path though and Gemini Springs even more so. A skeletonized body has been there a long time I think.

The perp had a car, Debary is off the beaten path though and Gemini Springs even more so. A skeletonized body has been there a long time I think.
I’m definitely not an expert on decomposition but I think the speed of it depends on the humidity and temperature among other things. Some other factors can speed it up too, others slow it down.
Whoever this is their loved one will finally have some closure.

So happy they've charged this freak, just really curious as it's 2nd Degree murder.
I personally think he lured her down there with bad intentions from the start.

Justice is coming for this dear girl, I just wish her remains could be located and laid to rest.

When they first reported on the area being searched, one of the videos they were digging through very established grassy areas. So I’m assuming these remains are quite old.
Gemini Springs was a large tract of property that was family owned. It went up for sale and was a pristine piece of property so they turned it into a State Park. Unfortunately the traffic became so heavy you haven't been able to swim in the springs in ages. Being it's such a high traffic area I wonder if this body was an old family grave or possibly left there before it was a park? It's actually in the same road that Carol Lynne Sullivan got on the bus. The Road is Dirksen/Doyle Rd.Child’s Skull Found In Paint Can

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back