FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found on street), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #3 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liane Morejon WPLG @LianeWPLG 31m

Shocking details just released in the Leila Cavett case. As of last night, we learned Shannon Ryan was accused of lying to federal investigators, but the court documents detail a lot more than that. He’s having a hearing in federal court later this morning. (1/2)

@Emi do you have time to update her media thread? I'm swamped today. and thanks for grabbing all the court documents.

Last edited:
What! I knew this was going to be bad, but boy! Thank God he didn't harm that precious baby boy!
Yup, I knew he was the one who dropped off the child! Not to mention that he was probably the only one involved in her disappearance. There were so many red flags in that video he made. The whole story about the truck sounded too detailed and contrived. His body language indicated he was lying, too, with his constant gesturing and moving around. Also the way he deliberately stared at the camera without blinking made me suspicious. Imo

After he abandoned the child...[and thank the Lord he at least did that]....he used Leila's debit card to purchase:
-Hefty 39 Gallon XL size drawstring Garbage Bags
-Two boxes of Extra Strength carpet odor eliminator
-A roll of Advanced Duct Tape.
:(:(:(

After he abandoned the child...[and thank the Lord he at least did that]....he used Leila's debit card to purchase:
Hefty 39 Gallon XL size , drawstring Garbage Bags, two boxes of Extra Strength carpet odor eliminator, and a roll of Advanced Duct Tape. :(:(:(
Not Leila's card. The initials are CL his apprentice that has been in the hospital.

I'm really grateful that they have this person in custody. This is purely my speculation, but I'm wondering if they'll offer him a plea in return for his full confession and information leading to her retrieval. Obviously this is all just pertaining to a kidnapping, so I'm just wondering aloud.
I have fully felt that since the beginning, knowing what I've learned about her, that she wouldn't willfully stay away from her son for this long. There's always the potential that he "handed her over" to others and that she's being held against her will, but what seems more likely at this point is that something transpired that made him snap and she has long departed from this world. MOO.
In the video even more than his obvious disdain for Leila was his fondness for Kamdyn. I feel like he really had a soft spot for that kid. I don't know if he saw himself in Kam or what, but thank god for whatever it was that restrained him; a self proclaimed witch doctor, from hurting an innocent little boy. That's the only silver lining in this case.

Self-described witch connected to missing mom Leila Cavett charged with lying to federal authorities
“I know they are trying to make a connection of me to her,” Ryan said, according to the Sun Sentinel. “You are going to find you wasted your mother [expletive deleted] time when you could have been looking for her.”

Ryan, who is from Muscle Shoals, Ala., has reportedly claimed to be a witch on his Facebook page.

“A Witch is not a spiritual assassin,” he wrote in one post, according to the Sun Sentinel. “We do not take death contracts. Death has already contracted us all, unless you got an extension.”

The driver side window was broken. And the driver's side visor was bent out of position. I think she had locked herself and her baby in the truck and he broke the window and fought with her, overpowering her in the end....

So in the middle of page 3, it says there was no 'dark sedan' seen in the video, and no images of her getting in another vehicle, as described by the suspect.

So he did lie about that, obviously. :(
Yes, I thought there was a reason that the FBI agent during the PC was very specific about her trip to Florida. He emphasized that she came to the area as a VISITOR. Not to sell a truck and not to do a job in the Everglades.

And yes, they only mentioned his car and her truck. They never mentioned a black car with two men. They would have verified that from the start by checking the surveillance footage.

Imo

The driver side window was broken. And the driver's side visor was bent out of position. I think she had locked herself and her baby in the truck and he broke the window and fought with her, overpowering her in the end....

Or SR broke the window after the fact as an excuse for why he was buying garbage bags.

Oh wow I'm just reading through the legal documents and I'm in tears her poor family and baby Kam. I don't understand why he felt the need to hurt her did he lure her down to Florida with the intention to hurt her I wonder if this was planned. I hope LE can get him to tell where he put her so that her family can get her back give her a proper burial. This just breaks my heart so much.

I thought they said the window was "not" broken. Wasn't he just using that as an excuse as to why he was using the garbage bags to tape up the window? Or did they say it was not broken before her trip? I guess I'll have to reread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana