FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when your on a thread I’m following! I always learn something new! Thanks!
MOO

Also, O/T, but why are you not on the Suzanne Morphew thread?

Aw, thanks. Good group here.

Here is a quick link that has stuck with me over the years, in case anyone new (or not so new) here is interested further in Awareness Space and hasn’t seen it before / I wanted to provide a reference for clarity re: my above post:

Jessica Ridgeway: Killer’s ‘awareness space’ may lead to clues - Boulder Weekly

Forgive me for a bit of a digressive comment, but I can't help being reminded of the Tube Sock Killings (perhaps best remembered for the quote, "Mommy is in the trees."). Not that I'm suggesting a serial killer is involved. Far from it. But a 2-year-old child with a missing parent seemingly dropped off in a public area rings uncomfortable bells.

On the Tube Sock Killings: The Mysterious Murder of Diana Robertson - Unsolved Mysteries

Still catching up so please forgive me, but wanting to make notes in real time and in order:

I’m also reminded of this case not too long ago (because of the 2019 possession charge) where a lovely young girl was murdered for the money on a marijuana deal. She went to buy pot from a guy on Facebook, iirc. Turned out to be a group of teens, iirc. I specifically remember her as appearing to be a wonderful girl who was active in causes for “senior dog shelters”...

Of course we remember Tim Bosma’s case and Bud and June Runion, lovely senior couple, killed for their vehicles, but the point is they had something of value that a perp wanted.

Might she have had something of value to someone? Either physical or, say “damning”, like knowledge?

—-

I’m going to catch up on Walmart, mention of an aunt, and what appears to be new news about possibly going to meet a man for the weekend. The video says this has not been verified by Hollywood PD (which doesn’t mean much, we are on a “need to know basis”, they rarely tell us squat these days unless they need the public’s help on something specific, moo, understandably of course.)

Last edited:
The updates and comments are coming hard and fast on this thread. Can anyone fill me in on the following:

1) The message at 8:22 that may or may not have come from LC
2) The “thumbs up”
3) Who “C” is

TIA @margarita25 @whitelilac @carbuff

I gotcha buddy, standby, one minute.

Here ya go, @lawyer_sleuth:

FL - FL - Leila Cavett, 20 of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

(eta: I have no idea who “C” is, but can help with #1 and #2)

The updates and comments are coming hard and fast on this thread. Can anyone fill me in on the following:

1) The message at 8:22 that may or may not have come from LC
2) The “thumbs up”
3) Who “C” is

TIA
1. 8.22 am is when Kam was found on the 26th
2. In an interview the sisters said that the last cell phone activity was on the 26th. The text message was simply a thumbs up icon.....in answer to a question from an Aunt (?)
3. C is the option "not Leila (someone else sent the text".
I had asked "I wondered the same. Was it Leila replying? or forced to? Or not Leila at all. Response was, I choose C

Question is was that text thumbs up sent before or after 8.22 am when Kam was found. We don't know.

Last edited:
For those of us not on social media, can someone please summarize this yard sale business within TOS? Iirc, there was mention here of activity related to this on 7/14 was it? Just a quick summary would be helpful, thanks.

1. 8.22 am is when Kam was found on the 26th
2. In an interview the sisters said that the last cell phone activity was on the 26th. The text message was simply a thumbs up icon.....in answer to a question from an Aunt (?)
3. C is the option "not Leila (someone else sent the text".
I had asked "I wondered the same. Was it Leila replying? or forced to? Or not Leila at all. Response was, I choose C

Question is was that text thumbs up sent before or after 8.22 am when Kam was found. We don't know.
Grandma’s FB, not aunt, but yes. :)

Eta: also, not necessarily a “question”, I don’t believe, not sure the exact nature. Going in for exact phrasing. Back with quote.

Eta2:

“4. Communication occurs with her grandmother via a Facebook message:

“The woman’s grandmother was the final person to have any communication with her through a Facebook message on July 26, according to family members.”
source

More information re: communication:

https://twitter.com/nancygrace/status/1288276098074148864?s=21

“Family members have called Cavett’s cellphone numerous times but it rings and rings until her voicemail picks up. Cavett’s grandmother, the last person in the family to have contact with her, reportedly received a “thumb’s up” message from her via Facebook messenger on July 26.

The family told CBS Miami that Cavett is a single mother and has no relationship with the child’s father.”

Also:

“The women, who drove over 12 hours from Jasper, Alabama, said they last heard from Cavett over the weekend via Facebook.

“She sent our grandmother a thumbs up on Facebook. It’s the last contact that we’ve known,” said Lewis.”

Police have video in case of missing woman believed to be mother of boy found in Miramar

?: What time was this “thumbs up”?

Eta3: key word- Facebook “Messenger”
—-
Oh, I feel like a fool. You meant option C. I thought you were referring to an individual in the case with the initial “C”
No fools here, my bad. I should’ve said “Option C”, as we commonly use initials here.

Last edited:
Search for Toddler's Mom Continues

From video of note:
Dad said Leila Facebook messaged man who told her to come visit in Florida

Dad said Leila sold clothing and things online and warned her not to travel alone. They had a conversation a week ago about it.
Oh gosh. That’s what I was afraid of.
This isn’t looking good at all, IMO.

If Leila met up with a man she met through Facebook, it makes sense that he’d let the boy go. If he had nefarious plans, they didn’t include a kid. His plans could have been sexually motivated and the kid was in the way. He could have just dropped him off to get him out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer