FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I have a large SUV. I only have two children, and I probably don't 'need' it. But I prefer to drive larger cars, it's just how I'm wired. They're great for lugging kids and all their shizzle around, and if you buy and sell, it's perfect. I sold a Mini Clubman, which was technically a good a size for us. Just throwing that out there.

Behind as usual here, but just want to say re: all the discussion re: vehicles, I’m glad @carbuff is here.

I don't have much.

As has been pointed out, the friend's truck is a different make and model.

I don't think she borrowed it from anybody. Family consistently refers to it as Leila's truck. LE does say "the truck she was driving" on the posters, which leaves room for other possibilities, but then it's also LE-speak. Even the friend who's talking a lot calls it Leila's truck.

Also nobody including LE has mentioned driving without a license. I suspect that after the FTA (which was several months ago, wasn't it?) she got together the money for whatever fine and fees she owed, paid it off, and got her license back.

Family Believes Missing Mother Came to Florida to Meet Someone
snipped
he family of a missing mother whose toddler was found alone in South Florida is saying they believe the 21-year-old could have been with a man she was in communication with online. Leila Cavett's father and grandfather told NBC 6 the man messaged her on Facebook to come down to Florida for the weekend and that he possibly sent her money.
-------------------
by now won't LE have access to her FB messaging to see who this person is? I guess he could be using a fake profile??
JMO

I’ve been searching court records in Walker County, Alabama. What are the rules about those types of sources?

Sorry Gatherer, I'm haven't been through the entire thread yet so not sure this has been answered yet.

Public records are allowed as long as they are related to the victim and not to any other individual who is not a named POI or suspect.

BBM:
snipped
he family of a missing mother whose toddler was found alone in South Florida is saying they believe the 21-year-old could have been with a man she was in communication with online. Leila Cavett's father and grandfather told NBC 6 the man messaged her on Facebook to come down to Florida for the weekend and that he possibly sent her money.
-------------------
by now won't LE have access to her FB messaging to see who this person is? I guess he could be using a fake profile??
JMO

Yes I would think so. I would think the judge has had enough time to sign off on the warrant. Iirc, it used to take time sometimes on the end of the SM companies to handle this, but I would think it’s quicker and more efficient now that the fb warrant thing is pretty standard by now. And yes he (or she) could’ve been using a fake profile.

Eta / bringing forward:
FB - Safety Center

Last edited:
I can’t decide if she is near there, or far, if the vehicle and K were a convenient and close by drop, or a red herring.

—-

The family of a missing mother whose toddler was found alone in South Florida is saying they believe the 21-year-old could have been with a man she was in communication with online. Leila Cavett's father and grandfather told NBC 6 the man messaged her on Facebook to come down to Florida for the weekend and that he possibly sent her money.

—-

Everyone knows Walmart has cameras. Why Walmart.

I’ve seen some excellent quality videos, and I’ve seen some not so excellent quality videos. I wonder if they have a recent universal industry standard they’re using for the surveillance equipment.

Where in the lot was it found? Back corner? Out of view? There has to be a bunch of cameras. I know it was posted upstream there are are street cams in the area, right? Are there neighboring businesses, we know LE would canvass those as SP and PD 101-Wondering how good their chances are of getting good surveillance, seems like it would be high. It’s not like her truck was found in a remote location. There’s got to be cameras also showing the route to the store.

—-

Oh yeah, what was this about a “man” and Walmart? I can’t keep up. Is there a “man”? Tia.

—-

Eta: wait a minute, “he possibly sent her money”...

Venmo? You guys sure there’s nothing on there? Look again, please.

It must be noted that anything suspicious needs to be sent to Law Enforcement.

Last edited:
Snipped by carbuff

Oh yeah, what was this about a “man” and Walmart? I can’t keep up. Is there a “man”? Tia.

Before the truck was found, there were unverified reports a.k.a. rumors that Kamdyn and Leila had been seen making a purchase at a Walmart in the area, and they were with somebody. It was mentioned in a couple of the early news reports as a rumor but nothing has ever been confirmed and LE hasn't mentioned it that I've heard. Not clear which Walmart; there are two or three in the general area.

So I think either it was mistaken identity or not true at all, or it's so critical they want to keep it under wraps.

In the earlier days of this thread, we added the info and it was deleted.

Not sure where the info was sourced, but if it was from Leila's social media, it is allowed. Posts/links to her social media may have been removed in the very early stages of this thread when she had not been officially announced as Kamdyn's mother and that she was missing.

Leila could be anywhere.
I hope to God that LE has leads on whoever abducted her (if she was, which at this point I believe), through video surveillance, any purchases at the Walmart, online communications, or any forensic evidence in the truck (IF perp even touched that).
I'm just sick with this.

Ok, huge red flag. I'm not going to post this, but I suggest you look at the pic of headphones she was selling. If you zoom in on the photo there are two other tabs open. I will let you infer what you will by the names of the sites.
Ok, now my theory has completely changed! Great catch!

Not sure where the info was sourced, but if it was from Leila's social media, it is allowed. Posts/links to her social media may have been removed in the very early stages of this thread when she had not been officially announced as Kamdyn's mother and that she was missing.
Link to Leila's Marketplace, with open tabs. The tabs are dating sites. Look them up, it will give insight into Leila’s thinking.
Limited Edition Rose Gold Headphones

Last edited:
I wonder if LC was trying to hide Kamdyn from the person she may have been meeting? Having a 2 year old around isn't the best date scenario. So, perhaps she decided to leave him alone somewhere while she went on a date and then she never returned from the date (for whatever unknown reason) so Kamdyn wandered off?
Definite possibility - maybe she was renting one of the apartments where K was found. Perhaps she had left him asleep in the apt while she went and met her date? But she didn’t return and he managed to get out of the apt. I expect LE have already questioned the manager of the apartments to determine whether she had checked in.

Just thought I would let everyone know you might want to join, "Leila Cavett Missing Updates & Discussion Group". There is a lot of information they are throwing out there. A lot of hearsay though too so you have to weed it out. I have been a member for a few days now.

Any news guys? I will read all the posts just hoping to see if any updates? Started my new job. Post COVID. Gah. I’m working at a our local courthouse now though which excites me. Ha.
Any press conferences? Any leads? Tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member