FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Better Business Bureau (NY) complaints / posts

Mate1 will provide you with uninterrupted, unlimited access to your account until you cancel your subscription. When your three day trial ends, if you haven't cancelled, you will be seamlessly upgraded into a monthly membership for $49.95 a month.

Very interesting comments about the site.

I wonder if LE will check any of her credit cards to see if she was or is still a member:
To bring more women to the site, some of these type sites let women join for free.

She left "abruptly without telling anyone". To me (only) that means she was running hard from someone or to someone. Someone she knew her family wouldn't approve of. I'm glad her little fellow wasn't hurt but I cannot imagine anything positive that would have a mamma let her baby wander around unattended.

EDIT (changed dates)
Kamdyn was found around 8:30 Sunday morning.
Walmart Hollywood FL is 18 minutes from where Kamdyn was found.
Walmart Is 9 hr. 38 minutes from Atlanta
That’s a 10 hour drive not counting gas & coffee stops and the time spent inside Walmart’s.
Leila would have to leave around 9:00 pm Saturday night for the 10 hour drive plus an extra hour for gas and coffee stops and the time spent inside Walmart’s.

Last edited:
She left "abruptly without telling anyone". To me (only) that means she was running hard from someone or to someone. Someone she knew her family wouldn't approve of. I'm glad her little fellow wasn't hurt but I cannot imagine anything positive that would have a mamma let her baby wander around unattended.

It sounds like that to me, too. As if she got a message, or a call, or saw or heard something that made her go immediately.

On the other hand, if she made the plan to switch to a truck instead of her car, that could indicate she was planning this longer.

I wonder if LC had a history of impulsive behavior, or any episodes of manic behavior.

MOO

I'm not as worried about the fact that she left at night as I am her baby being found wandering around a strange apartment complex by himself. I mean everything I have read leads me to believe that she was a great mother and would never have voluntarily just dropped her baby off at an apartment complex and took off. I really hope they got some security footage from around the apartments I think that with the walmart security video will be the key to solving this case.

If her dad, through either word from LE, or from Leila herself, said that Leila was invited by this online man for the weekend....wouldn't she have left on Friday night rather than the Saturday night?

If so, did everything appear ok before something happened that put Kam on the street Sunday morning?

Also, weren't Leila and Kam seen in a Walmart with a man? (Though I don't know if that's confirmed by LE), so that would have been on the Saturday right?

eta....seems to me that something bad happened during the night Saturday there in Fl, since Kam appears not to have been wandering alone for that long before he was found by that lady.

If her dad, through either word from LE, or from Leila herself, said that Leila was invited by this online man for the weekend....wouldn't she have left on Friday night rather than the Saturday night?

If so, did everything appear ok before something happened that put Kam on the street Sunday morning?

Also, weren't Leila and Kam seen in a Walmart with a man? (Though I don't know if that's confirmed by LE), so that would have been on the Saturday right?

eta....seems to me that something bad happened during the night Saturday there in Fl, since Kam appears not to have been wandering alone for that long before he was found by that lady.

No, the Walmart thing has NOT been confirmed, and it's not known which Walmart the report was from. There are two or three in the area.

It seems perfectly possible that things were fine for the first part of the weekend and then went sideways.

I’ve traveled quite a few trips by myself from Florida to N.C. and night driving goes so much faster. Less traffic.
When in my early/mid-20s I drove from Maryland to Vermont a few times, straight through each time, like it was nothing. Now that I’m in my 40s, I could never do that again.

Maybe it wasn’t that hard for her. She’s young and resilient (and not riddled with arthritis! lol) MOO.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe she would travel that far for drugs they're everywhere! Also I don't think she would take her son with her if it was a "date" type scenario, when she had others that likely would have kept him for a weekend.

I keep thinking this has to be one of two scenarios.

1. She meets someone online in regards to sale/trade and agrees to meet them some distance away. It would have to be an item worth that like a car/truck. In this case the other party likely had nefarious intent all along.

2. She meets someone online and chats enough to build some confidence that this could end up being a longer term relationship that is more desirable or improves her current situation. With this belief is willing to make the trip with her son to meet in person. The other person could have had nefarious intent all along or the meeting could have not gone as well as planned resulting in an argument or other escalation.

IMO

I find it hard to believe she would travel that far for drugs they're everywhere! Also I don't think she would take her son with her if it was a "date" type scenario, when she had others that likely would have kept him for a weekend.

I keep thinking this has to be one of two scenarios.

1. She meets someone online in regards to sale/trade and agrees to meet them some distance away. It would have to be an item worth that like a car/truck. In this case the other party likely had nefarious intent all along.

2. She meets someone online and chats enough to build some confidence that this could end up being a longer term relationship that is more desirable or improves her current situation. With this belief is willing to make the trip with her son to meet in person. The other person could have had nefarious intent all along or the meeting could have not gone as well as planned resulting in an argument or other escalation.

IMO

I agree. And this was MY ASSUMPTION from the beginning.

Do we have confirmation of what night she left GA?

This article says she messaged her grandmother on 7/26. Isn’t that Sunday? I may be confused...

Police search for mom of toddler found wandering alone in Florida

“Her grandmother was the last person to have any communication with her, through a Facebook message on July 26, according to family members.”
Yes, Sunday....Leila messaged only with a thumbs up icon. It's not known what time.
It's also not known whether it was in fact Leila sending the message

eta...and no to when she left Georgia

I still think SOMEONE ELSE (like y'all said) sent that thumbs up message to her grandmother on the 26th. Had to be because K was found that morning. I think by then someone already had Leila. Maybe that "SOMEONE" send the thumbs up to throw everyone off (THINKING that Leila was still okay on the 26th). That person who kidnapped Leila probably already had Leila AND her phone at that time.

I am sure authorities are checking to see the timeframe of WHEN that thumbs up response was sent versus the time they found K and all. I am sure they are piecing it all together.

By the time they sent that thumbs up they may have already dropped off K and was LONG gone with Leila. Just MY opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell