GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Horrific :( :( Poor Lonzie had been badly abused for a long time :( :( :(

Lonzie's autopsy results released today :(

" the state attorney's office acknowledged that there were old rib and skull fractures found on the remains.

The medical examiners' report notes "blunt trauma," including that Lonzie suffered eight blunt force rib fractures before his death and at least two skull fractures near the time of his death."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie...gn=Breaking News Alert&utm_term=wjxt_breaking

*tears* doesn't that sort-of discredit the "drowned while adults were having sex" bull $hit story?

This is so heartbreaking to read how awful beautiful little Lonzie was treated 😠

Remembering Lonzie: Child's body found one year ago
Today, William "Ruben" Ebron Jr. sits in a prison cell at the Desoto Annex State Prision in Arcadia, FL. He is serving a 20 year sentence for aggravated manslaughter of a childand three other counts, related to the death of his girlfriend's child, Lonzie Barton.

It was January 11, 2016, when Barton finally led investigators to the little boy's body, ending
an agonizing 147 search that captivated the Jacksonville community.

I was thinking about Lonzie and ran across this from May 30, 2019:

The 1st District Court of Appeals has upheld the seven-year prison sentence that Lonzie Barton's mother received in Baker County, where she pleaded guilty to drug charges.

That sentence was ordered to run consecutively to the five years that Lonna Barton got in Duval County, where she pleaded guilty to child neglect in connection with the death of her son, 21-month-old Lonzie.
Sentence upheld for mother of Lonzie Barton

Apparently Lonna appealed her drug conviction and lost.
Lonna Barton v. State of Florida – CourtListener.com

Wednesday marks four years since the search for Lonzie Barton began, sparking one of the biggest missing child cases in the Jacksonville area.

Ebron admitted to police he and Lonna were having sex as Lonzie drowned in a bathtub. Ebron later pleaded guilty to manslaughter and is serving 20 years in prison. His sentence was extended by five years for drug convictions in Baker County. He's scheduled for release in 2039.

Lonna Barton pleaded guilty and was sentenced to five years in prison, plus seven years for drug charges in Baker County. She's set to be released in 2026.

Lonzie's father, Chris Barton, was arrested days after the family buried Lonzie. He spent nearly two years in prison on drug charges and was released in March 2018.

Lonna Barton's mother has custody of Lonzie's older sister, who is 9 years old.

Lonzie Barton: 1 of Jacksonville's biggest missing child cases

According to the Florida Department of Corrections website William Ruben Ebron Jr (J45381) is housed in the Okeechobee C.I. penal institution with a projected release date of 12/24/2038.

Inmate Population Information Detail

and

Lonna Lauramore Barton (J56732) is housed in the Gadsden C.F. penal institution with a projected release date of 08/14/2026.

According to the Florida Department of Corrections website William Ruben Ebron Jr (J45381) is housed in the Okeechobee C.I. penal institution with a projected release date of 12/24/2038.

and

Lonna Lauramore Barton (J56732) is housed in the Gadsden C.F. penal institution with a projected release date of 08/14/2026.

I can't believe she's getting out so early. She was complicit in lying to save her boyfriend. She neglected Lonnie and allowed him to be abused. That poor baby.

WCBKW4UUONZHVDAHU4DIPZ7JOQ.jpg

Lonzie Barton: 5 years since missing Jacksonville toddler’s body found
Updated: January 11, 2021 - 12:24 PM

Monday marked the fifth anniversary that the remains of missing Jacksonville toddler Lonzie Barton were found in the Bayard area. Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Director Tom Hackney, who is now retired, told Action News Jax in 2016 that he and the men and women who worked on the case carry it with them every day.

“Everyone in this room had a true emotional attachment to this case,” Hackney said. “At home, driving to and from work, lying in bed trying to fall asleep, you carried this case with you.”

WCBKW4UUONZHVDAHU4DIPZ7JOQ.jpg

Lonzie Barton: 5 years since missing Jacksonville toddler’s body found
Updated: January 11, 2021 - 12:24 PM

Monday marked the fifth anniversary that the remains of missing Jacksonville toddler Lonzie Barton were found in the Bayard area. Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Director Tom Hackney, who is now retired, told Action News Jax in 2016 that he and the men and women who worked on the case carry it with them every day.

“Everyone in this room had a true emotional attachment to this case,” Hackney said. “At home, driving to and from work, lying in bed trying to fall asleep, you carried this case with you.”
OMG, that poor little boy. And he had old rib fractures IIRC. There's not a hell hot enough for people who harm others, especially the most vulnerable. I would have taken that child in in a heartbeat. Why don't abusers relinquish children they don't want to care for or love?

Does anyone believe Lonna and think that the sentence was excessive? Yes, she wasn’t upfront in the beginning- but what gf of a drug dealer would be? I think she is guilty of leaving kids with Ruben and being a cokehead stripper. Her drug sentence was more than twice as long as Chris’ and he had more drugs plus assault charges. 7 years for a first drug offense seems like vindictive prosecution.

Last edited:
How do you mean? The first thing Lonna did that morning was buy medicine for Lonzie. She had a Dr.’s appointment scheduled for the next day. She had just taken him a week or two prior. Her older two kids did not show any signs of abuse- just Lonzie. There is no good evidence, other than a wet rug, to back Ruben’s account. Lonna claims the rug was wet because Lonzie puked on it and they have no w/d. Was she irresponsible? Yes, but 12 years? Am I the only one who was not fully “done” at 24?

thanks for your response! I just feel so alone thinking the blame is on Ruben.

edited to fix autocorrect spelling

I don’t believe Lonzie will ever get justice. I don’t believe Ebron’s story at all and I don’t believe Lonna wasn’t more involved. Lonzie was murdered imo

I agree with you when you say Lonzie was murdered. I was giving Ruben the benefit of the doubt thinking he didn’t intend to until the pieces came together:

Lonna had an appointment to take the toddler to the pediatrician the day after Lonzie “was kidnapped.” Ruben knew that there would be an investigation and he would be blamed when the injuries were discovered. He stood to loose everything.

Ruben was already having legal and custody issues between his ex and his biological children over domestic violence. Why would Lonna book her child to the dr as soon as the bruise was discovered?

thanks for the discussion- I’m sincerely asking for devils advocate here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990
Back