GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
State Attorney Angela Corey has worked closely on the case from the beginning.

“Baby deaths, as hard as they are to handle, they are difficult cases and it all hinges on the evidence. We did not have much evidence on Lonna Barton; therefore, she’s only looking at a maximum of five years,” Corey said. “People can’t compare one baby death to another. Sometimes if the proof is overwhelming, we can get a life sentence for first-degree murder, and sometimes like in poor little Lonzie’s case, the proof just isn’t there, and we do the best we can.”

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie-barton/lonna-barton-to-be-sentenced-friday

:furious:

http://www.news4jax.com/live/watch-channel-4-news-live

Interviews with Mantei, Ebron's parents. Ebron's dad saying Lonna knows more, that Ebron was painted to be sole bad guy. Mom saying Lonna knew Lonzie was dead before she went to work. They knew she was lying from the start. Mom complaining about giving $$ to Lonna's commissary because she thought she was pregnant. Quoting stuff Lonna told them that made the parents believe Lonzie was still alive.

Hopefully the interview will be up on YouTube later.

News4JAX ‏@wjxt4 1m1 minute ago Florida, USA
Ebron's mother: "Lonna told me when we find out what really happened, Ruben and I will be back together."

http://www.news4jax.com/live/watch-channel-4-news-live

Interviews with Mantei, Ebron's parents. Ebron's dad saying Lonna knows more, that Ebron was painted to be sole bad guy. Mom saying Lonna knew Lonzie was dead before she went to work. They knew she was lying from the start. Mom complaining about giving $$ to Lonna's commissary because she thought she was pregnant. Quoting stuff Lonna told them that made the parents believe Lonzie was still alive.

Hopefully the interview will be up on YouTube later.

News4JAX ‏@wjxt4 1m1 minute ago Florida, USA
Ebron's mother: "Lonna told me when we find out what really happened, Ruben and I will be back together."

And there the problem is now ...proving she knew the baby was dead....with amount of lies that came out though the whole ordeal its dang hard to prove anything is the truth..as for Ebron mom giving her money that is her own fault for believing again the lies....Lonna is a skillful lair for sure she has proven that much...she got Ebron own mom to believe she was possible pregnant with Ebron kid.

I bet RE is in an outrage.

He ain't the only one. I expected this. She's a master manipulator and equally responsible for Lonzies death IMHO. She knew but lied and BS'd for 6 months. She's a player and she played everyone, they have no proof she was involved because she made it that way. RE eventually led them to his remains, she played no part. She kept quiet when she knew he was dead, and Lonzie was her flesh and blood!! Her son!!

Lonzies sis bless her, she remembered the details, are you telling me Lonna never asked where they went? What she saw? She 'pleaded' with RE to tell her where he was. She didn't ask the little girl? Yeah ok, she didn't ask cos she already knew.

Yes I bet Lonzies sister is traumatised :( poor thing. I just hope when she gets out of jail LLB has no chance to harm or traumatise her further!

MOO JMO and all dat

He ain't the only one. I expected this. She's a master manipulator and equally responsible for Lonzies death IMHO. She knew but lied and BS'd for 6 months. She's a player and she played everyone, they have no proof she was involved because she made it that way. RE eventually led them to his remains, she played no part. She kept quiet when she knew he was dead, and Lonzie was her flesh and blood!! Her son!!

Lonzies little sis bless her, she remembered the details, are you telling me Lonna never asked where they went? What she saw? She 'pleaded' with RE to tell her where he was. She didn't ask the little girl? Yeah ok, she didn't ask cos she already knew.

Yes I bet Lonzies little sister is traumatised :( poor thing. I just hope when she gets out of jail LLB has no chance to harm or traumatise her further!

MOO JMO and all dat
LONZIE'S big sister couldn't have seen those details if it was dark, it had to be in daylight. The courts let Lonzie down IMO. There was plenty of evidence, including the pictures we just heard about this morning. (I thought RE deleted them)The pregnant thing was just to get sympathy for herself, wanting a lighter sentence. All we can hope for, is that the drug charges will be severe.

Defense lawyer tells judge that LB was going to take Lonzie to the dr the next day
(Friday) was that detail even vetted? Oh, and sister pushed Lonzie down the stairs? C'mon... With the new details of Lonzie injuries from photos on RE phone, I don't
believe they were going to take Lonzie to the DR. She would've been arrested.

I think its about time we have in place a new law that ever new baby born, a sample of their blood is taken and tested for evidence properties and then stored in a National data base...so in cases like this the police and Justice depts have something too test with that has been shown with burden of proof to belong to the body of that child. But there lays another problem ...some parents would be against this kind of law too, they would say its a invasion of privacy....personally I wouldn't have any issue with it but many others would.

she said she was pregnant for sympathy that's it, I am for one glad she cannot reproduce anymore.

wtf a wound to his stomach? did they shank the kid? this poor guy :(

Hopefully, Baker County will be harsher with the drug charges and they will not run concurrent with today's sentencing. LLB had a duty to protect her son and never did, placing both children in multiple and ongoing dangerous situations. I fear she will also get Gaintime and be released earlier than 5 years. Sigh...

Hopefully, Baker County will be harsher with the drug charges and they will not run concurrent with today's sentencing. LLB had a duty to protect her son and never did, placing both children in multiple and ongoing dangerous situations. I fear she will also get Gaintime and be released earlier than 5 years. Sigh...

Does anybody know how much time her cousin got? What's her name, missy, misty?
I forget?

Some of the "bombshells" from todays hearing:

Lauramore Barton's attorney said she bought fever reducer as well as eye and ear drops the day before Lonzie disappeared. The attorney also said she planned to take him to the doctor the day he went missing.
State Attorney Rich Mantei said photos on Ebron's phone showed a serious abdominal would (wound) that would potentially be deadly and photos of multiple injuries to the head.

Lauramore Barton's attorney said she lied about being pregnant because she thought it would make Ebron tell where Lonzie was located. She can't have any more children because of a surgery she had after Lonzie was born, attorneys said.

The State Attorney said Lauramore Barton and Ebron have different versions of what happened to Lonzie, but neither can be disproved by evidence.

Attorneys said Ebron traumatized Lonzie Barton's sister when he made the girl ride in the car when Ebron dumped the toddler's body.

Mantei said an autopsy showed that Lonzie had seven healing rib fractures. The defense attorney said Lauramore Barton took Lonzie to the doctor after his sister pushed him down the stairs.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...-be-sentenced-in-lonzie-barton-case/144512842

Still no information of what Lonna's differing version is though.

There is no way I'll ever buy the "accidental" death of Lonzie, be it drowning, a fall, whatever. What I can't get out of my mind is this: Ebron's dad and Lonna both referred to Ebron potty-training Lonzie - in order to show what a good caregiver he was, I guess. And along with bleeding from his mouth and discharge from his ears and not eating, Ebron said Lonzie was vomiting and had diarrhea. Ebron complained that Lonzie whined all the time. Ebron said he was sick of babysitting Lonna's kids. Now we learn that there was a "serious abdominal wound that would potentially be deadly and photos of multiple injuries to the head."

It paints a picture of a frustrated caregiver faced with a sick baby leaking body fluids from both ends and maybe even possibly failing to make it to the potty on time. Add a disinterested mother with a drug problem and IMO anything is possible, including Lonna losing her cool with Lonzie.

My point is that parents, stepparents, boyfriends, girlfriends, babysitters can and do kill babies for reasons that we here cannot begin to understand. IMO if Lonzie did drown in the bathtub it's because he was beaten beforehand. I'll never accept this was a simple accident.

The very next article in the above link is about a dad and stepmother who beat a child to death for not eating her chicken nuggets. Janiya Thomas was beaten to death for being unable to control her bladder and bowels. Malik Drummond was allegedly beaten to death because he wasn't eating his dinner and drank another child's milk.

Lying liars who lie and only care about themselves. It takes a special kind of selfish evil to commit such acts on innocents. A pox on all of them.

That one picture of Lonize in the cowboy boots told me right then when it was first posted many months back when it first happened what was going to be said in the end on how he got hurt...those stairs right there in that picture said 1000 words of trouble right there. I also knew that would pass blame onto his sister for healing ribs and him going down those stairs......and say she pushed him down those stairs....

That one picture of Lonize in the cowboy boots told me right then when it was first posted many months back when it first happened what was going to be said in the end on how he got hurt...those stairs right there in that picture said 1000 words of trouble right there. I also knew that would pass blame onto his sister for healing ribs and him going down those stairs......and say she pushed him down those stairs....

I really really hope they did not tell this lie in front of the little girl, or even had the nerve to coach her to say she had pushed Lonzie. She's so little she might believe it and blame herself for Lonzie's death. :( Man, I hope she will be okay. :(

Lonzie's mother could still be charged with murder

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —
Assistant State Attorney Rich Mantei said Friday that Lonzie Barton’s death is still an active investigation, and Action News Jax Law and Safety Expert Dale Carson points out there is no statute of limitations for a death investigation.

In short, Lonzie’s mother Lonna Lauramore Barton could still be charged with murder.

Lonna Lauramore Barton, the mother of Lonzie Barton was sentenced to prison on Friday in connection with her son’s disappearance in Duval County Court.

Lonzie Barton disappeared July 24, 2015. Ruben Ebron, Lauramore Barton’s boyfriend, led authorities to the body in Jan. 2016.

“There are ongoing matters involving the death of Lonzie Barton,” said Mantei. “And a lot of people want to speculate and guess and say that things ought to happen and all I can say is, look, I don’t want to jeopardize anything that might happen, and so I’m not going to get into it.”

“It’s not over,” said Carson. “They can still charge her with murder if they develop sufficient evidence to do so.”

Carson said since Ebron already pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter, the new evidence won’t mean anything for him.

“For Ruben, it has no significance at all,” said Carson.

More at link.

Whatever Lonna's version of events were, it was enough to motivate WE to reveal Lonzies location & accept a 20 year plea.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back