Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief H:

He made a request to b interviewed by the media

we facilitated that happening & his choice at last minute...to cancel

he asked for specific reporter with a specific outcome

he changed his mind w/in few hours

Story he told to father is not t same he told us

His phone WAS out of batteries!! He used a different phone to call.

[video=twitter;626065096800882692]https://twitter.com/wjxt4/status/626065096800882692[/video]

News4JAX ‏@wjxt4 8m8 minutes ago
.@JSOPIO Chief Hackney: "My money goes on the investigators. He (Ebron) doesn't seem like he has the wherewithal to do what's right."

[video=twitter;626065115809320960]https://twitter.com/KatieMcKeeANjax/status/626065115809320960[/video]

He tried to call 911 at 2:17 am and call did not go through, successful call at 2:19 am and phone was powered down once LE arrived.

Remember yesterday's comment? That the boy didn't deserve to be thrown out like trash, or something along those lines? The LE had a lead and were giving hints to Ebron that they were on to him. He blew his one last chance to come clean, imo.

I like this LE team. I like "pray...or don't pray if it offends you." I think this guy is sure thinking and isn't swayed by games.

Chief H:

Effort for media interview yesterday, at His (WRE) request

That got set up & then cancelled...again, he thinks he's pretty smart
I'm sure his lawyer probably suggested he did not talk.Anything he says can be used against him in a court of law.

I just google Earthed that area and there are manholes in the streets. Still wondering if they've been opened up and checked by LE because I haven't read they have or seen video or pictures that show it either.

[video=twitter;626065115809320960]https://twitter.com/KatieMcKeeANjax/status/626065115809320960[/video]

Not surprising. I guess this is what Hackney meant yesterday when he said family and friends shouldn't let WRE manipulate them, or something along those lines.

I think he knows they are building a case against him now.

Im glad he put that out there. To let public know, what he told his Dad and what Dad told media is not the same Ebron is telling LE.

I like the way this PD is handling this. Maybe they've learned a few things from some high profile cases and are NOT going to allow criminals to manipulate their situation via the media, either in their own interviews or through family members. They're going to call them out right from the beginning instead of allowing these falsehoods to grow legs for years before trial. Smart move IMO.

I read yesterday that investigators had not spoken to Ebron since Friday. This is probably a dumb question, but does he have access to media while in jail? Wondering if he is even aware of all that is going on with the search and pressers.

I can't shake the feeling that Lonzie is somewhere near where the car was found.

I read yesterday that investigators had not spoken to Ebron since Friday. This is probably a dumb question, but does he have access to media while in jail? Wondering if he is even aware of all that is going on with the search and pressers.

I can't shake the feeling that Lonzie is somewhere near where the car was found.

[video=twitter;626065433779662848]https://twitter.com/ActionNewsJax/status/626065433779662848[/video]

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 15m15 minutes ago
#JSO says Ruben Ebron has not seen the media coverage surrounding this case. Hackney says Ebron has not watched TV

Remember yesterday's comment? That the boy didn't deserve to be thrown out like trash, or something along those lines? The LE had a lead and were giving hints to Ebron that they were on to him. He blew his one last chance to come clean, imo.

I like this LE team. I like "pray...or don't pray if it offends you." I think this guy is sure thinking and isn't swayed by games.
bbm

Minor peeve of mine, people saying that victims were "thrown out like trash". Is is really any better if they were buried? Or stored in an old refrigerator? Or sent to Davy Jones Locker at the bottom of the sea?

JMO, it's a sensationalistic phrase (and I want to bop N. Grace, for one, every time she says it). :facepalm:

Not surprising. I guess this is what Hackney meant yesterday when he said family and friends shouldn't let WRE manipulate them, or something along those lines.

LE may have gotten played a little yesterday too when they facilitated WRE's request to be interviewed by a specific reporter and then he cancelled it at the last minute

I like the way this PD is handling this. Maybe they've learned a few things from some high profile cases and are NOT going to allow criminals to manipulate their situation via the media, either in their own interviews or through family members. They're going to call them out right from the beginning instead of allowing these falsehoods to grow legs for years before trial. Smart move IMO.

Agree. Reminds me of the Hannah Graham case. I think being open and available like this not only keeps the case in the spotlight but gets the public invested, which is a good thing.

I didn't think Lonzie would ever be found, but I changed my mind. This is a very organized, "information driven" search. I think that even if Lonzie isn't found LE is gathering enough evidence to take this to trial. I don't think that happens often, but it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61