GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He thinks he smarter than LE, and maybe already had it mapped out, plus had hours to do it. I don't think he planned or carried it out alone, if he's the one who did it.

In the May drug bust, heroin, esctasy, meth, there's some serious drug connections and people involved in it. This might not have any connection to it, or them, but then again it might.

Why would someone, the father of three children no less, plan to kill a toddler?

Why would someone, the father of three children no less, plan to kill a toddler?
Why would a father of three be caught with all the drugs he was in May, plus it was 5am, room was filled with smoke, (kids are inhaling). Then there's the multiple criminal charges for years.

"Smoking meth anywhere near children is going to put those children at increased risk of mental and behavioral problems. They might be irritable, hyperactive and jittery. More importantly, children exposed to meth can also suffer serious lung damage. Children who breathe secondhand smoke are more likely to suffer from asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis, and other lung diseases. They are also more likely to have more ear infections.
Additionally, using meth leaves you in a postion where you are less able to respond to the needs of your children. In an emergency situation, this could result in harm or death to your children. Research indicates that children in homes where there is drug use are at increased risk of being abused or neglected. " studenthealth.oregonstate.edu/answerspot/message.php?message=2644

but she may not.... if she has no criminal history she may get prop 36 (? i think its 36, but whatever prop FL hass for it) or a deferred sentence.

In Florida she may qualify for Drug Court, which would be good for her. She has to be first time offender and would have to quit her job at Wackos. She shouldn't be going there anyway if she will be appearing in court- the judge will weigh all that in deciding. Program is 1 to 2 years with intense interaction with substance abuse counselors, job development, assigned court probaton officer.

Why would a father of three be caught with all the drugs he was in May, plus it was 5am, room was filled with smoke, (kids are inhaling). Why would a father of three have his girlfriend working in a hotbed of prostitution, drugs and other criminal activity? Then there's the multiple criminal charges for years.

"Smoking meth anywhere near children is going to put those children at increased risk of mental and behavioral problems. They might be irritable, hyperactive and jittery. More importantly, children exposed to meth can also suffer serious lung damage. Children who breathe secondhand smoke are more likely to suffer from asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis, and other lung diseases. They are also more likely to have more ear infections.
Additionally, using meth leaves you in a postion where you are less able to respond to the needs of your children. In an emergency situation, this could result in harm or death to your children. Research indicates that children in homes where there is drug use are at increased risk of being abused or neglected. " studenthealth.oregonstate.edu/answerspot/message.php?message=2644

Well yes, for all of those reasons, children of drug users, and children in the care of drug users, are at an increased risk of injury and/or death, but I can't think of a reason why a drug user would plan to kill a child. Just wondering what ideas some of the posters who feel he may have planned this have in mind.

MOO

Why would a father of three be caught with all the drugs he was in May, plus it was 5am, room was filled with smoke, (kids are inhaling). Then there's the multiple criminal charges for years.

The kids were not in the home in May, but I agree with your main point. This guy isn't a good father. He isn't a good person. no matter what his parents say. IMO

I also don't think it was planned. I think he lost his temper and did something to hurt Lonzie. I agree with the other posters who hypothesized that he used laundry/laundry baskets to hide that precious baby Lonzie. IMO

When I first starting reading on this case I suspected that the baby died in a hot car after the boyfriend forgot about him while either buying, selling, using drugs or all three. I was thinking that this idiot was making this look like a crime to cover his own behind.

When I first starting reading on this case I suspected that the baby died in a hot car after the boyfriend forgot about him while either buying, selling, using drugs or all three. I was thinking that this idiot was making this look like a crime to cover his own behind.
I thought this too.I still haven't ruled it out.But what evidence did they find in the car if they did? I was maybe thinking they found little Lonzies blood in there.

JSO probably contacted Baker County Police by phone and they sent an officer there right away

Neighboring agencies work together. JSO probably called Baker County by phone, and Baker deputies went over and made contact immediately.

Thanks so much, tlcya! So I did hear it correctly. Nine fingers pointing at him, eh?

Ever since someone here pointed out Hackney's comment in an early presser where he said something like "y'all aren't stupid" regarding the answer to the minors involved in the child neglect charges - meaning he couldn't name them but he knew the public could figure it out - I've been paying close attention to his speech patterns and phrasings.

I've noticed (so JMO) that he seems to embed little "nuggets" into his statements - he'll just keep on talking and there's no change in his inflection so it's kind of like a "Huh? Did I just hear that?" moment. Or how quickly he changes the subject when questions are asked that he can't answer - sometimes it's abrupt so I pay a little more attention.

I'm sure many of you are doing the same, and probably doing it better than me so I don't want to pounce too heavily on things Hackney says. But "nine" really piqued my interest.

ETA: member AmyPond cleared the nine fingers thing up for me. She wrote:

"The 9 fingers pointing back comment is a common phrase about how when you point a finger at someone, 9 other fingers (your own) are pointing back at you. Meaning Ebron is pointing a finger at Lonzie's father (or whoever) but his other 9 fingers are pointing at himself...and that's who LE is investigating."

Thanks AmyPond! Yep, I'm dense sometimes.

You are so right, Hackney does give out nuggets of information that you have to catch as he continues to speak. I've followed and listened and re-listened on all his pressers.

You think like a cop. That is exaclty what the investigators would be doing.

I thought this too.I still haven't ruled it out.But what evidence did they find in the car if they did? I was maybe thinking they found little Lonzies blood in there.

I'm thinking that cadaver dogs alerted to the seat. Hopefully all this will be solved shortly. This case really saddens me. Such a beautiful little boy deserved so much better than he experienced.

The kids were not in the home in May, but I agree with your main point. This guy isn't a good father. He isn't a good person. no matter what his parents say. IMO

I also don't think it was planned. I think he lost his temper and did something to hurt Lonzie. I agree with the other posters who hypothesized that he used laundry/laundry baskets to hide that precious baby Lonzie. IMO

So I wonder who had the kids that time, because they were living with her in the apt. Just like her seeing Lonzie at 8pm at the laundromat, but not when Ebron took her to work at 8:30pm. The reporter said the kids weren't present, because the report didn't mention if kids were there, or not in the May drug bust. However, DCF says a full investigation is now underway.

I'm thinking that cadaver dogs alerted to the seat. Hopefully all this will be solved shortly. This case really saddens me. Such a beautiful little boy deserved so much better than he experienced.
Me too or blood was found.Yes he deserved so much better.I agree.It makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse