GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I'm thinkin the $120 is code for a certain amount of drug (just give me a $120) or, its code for a sexual service. ($120 will get you this and this...)

$120 will get you a bundle of good dope (heroin) here in New York.

It would be interesting to hear what some of the people that knew her & CB & the children have to say about what type of mother she was previously with those children. Family members would probably be able to have had a clue as to what was going on with her? Did her life go off the rails before she left CB and took up with RE, or was she always like this for a long time? She sounds switched off and emotionless to me and devoid of any empathy toward her children.

That's my question and perhaps one that others with experience with addiction can answer. Is it possible that she will "snap out of it" and turn her attitude around? I'd like to think she could, but also wonder if she simply has no firm foundation to stand on. If you've spent your formative years on drugs, it must be incredibly difficult to have anything else to hold on to.

Her descriptions of her attitude toward the searches are what shock me the most, to be honest. Her goal to be wasted while "searching" upsets me even more than hurting her child. I figured she could hurt her child but want to right that wrong, but getting wasted while searching for her own child is .... I don't even know how to describe it. It's like she's empty.

Sad.

JMO.

Addicts cant just " snap out of it", but they can, and do, turn their lives around. If they want it enough. If they are prepared for the effort and struggle that coming off drugs brings, they can do it. And having children SHOULD be the best reason of all to turn your life around, Ive got personal experience with this subject and have seen it done many times. But as many times, Ive seen parents that have no interest in putting their kids first and choose the drug lifestyle instead.

But, that said, I dont like the way people are assuming that just because a person is an addict, it makes them a baby-murderer. Yep in Ebron and Lonnas case, these scum did just that, but I believe if you are capable of that kind of serious neglect, you are the type of person that would have behaved that way irrespective of drug use. Some people are just vile individuals or trash no matter what they put into their bodies. Be it bad upbringing, genes, whatever, it takes a certain type of scum to neglect and hurt a child, drugs certainly wouldnt HELP them be better parents, but I think if you are twisted and damaged enough inside to ill-treat or kill a kid, you would be like that even if drugs were not involved.

Ive known many drug addicts, and not one has killed a child. Ive seen Mothers that obviously love their children but are too far down the all-consuming drug road to ever turn it around, the drugs do come first, but they still feel love for that child, they still cry and suffer when the child is taken away from them, unlike Lonna who was laughing and talking as if she had lost a shoe.

Many of the people I know may be addicts but they are not monsters. Lonna and Ebron are monsters. It is something within them that drugs didnt cause...drugs may have hightened that badness running through them, but it was there with or without drugs.

No worries & no need to apologize. I feel the same. I am a single mom with to kids by two different guys and all the anti-single mom comments make me ragey. Lonna doesn't represent you or me. Agree about the war on drugs too.

Same! Three kids, three father's here. Luckily for my oldest son, my middle sons father has raised him since he was still in my belly. He's ten now & his father has always treated him like his own & nothing less.

I made a lot of bad decisions in my life but I've been clean over two & a half years now & all of my decisions that I make now are with my kids in mind first.

So yeah, I get raged at the snide single mom comments as well. When did WS get so judgey?

Lol, look what good that did! How about stop criminalizing drug use & getting people actual help! Not saying that would have fixed Ruben &/or Lonna because like I said before, millions of addicts don't commit crimes like this. People who are psycho/sociopaths do.

Locking up NON-VIOLENT addicts does absolutely nothing productive for society. Getting addicts real, actual help would do wonders! Also, are you aware there are people serving LIFE SENTENCES for pot? But violent rapists can get paroled in five years?

How do you not see the disconnect here?

I believe addiction to drugs is and should be treated as a medical problem and not a crime per se. I also think anyone that is harmful toward their children for whatever reason should have those children removed from their care, for the safety of the child. That stands to reason. Child abuse has practically become an epedemic around the world. Why aren't we addressing the real issues of society instead which leads to these issues, poverty etc. Unless we fix the core problems nothing will change IMO.
I guess what i'm trying to say is fix the society first and then there would be less of these issues.
You make some valid points about those issues.

Thanks for sharing Stacy :)
I didn't realize that some people were not able to watch the videos. Lucky you. It was extremely disturbing to hear her say some of this stuff in between her laughter. So you have saved yourself some disgust.

Another thing I wanted to say on a different topic:
She may or may not have a mental illness but I have no doubt in my mind that some of her behaviors and actions happened 100% strictly because of drugs. Before this tragedy, remember all those times that she took little Lonzie with her to make drug deals and go buy drugs? Why did she take a baby with her to go buy drugs? Was it a mental illness that caused her to think it would be ok to do that? Or was it drugs and she just wanted/needed her fix so bad that she was willing to take a baby with her to make that happen to get what she wanted. Mental illness or drugs messing with her mind + selfishness? What would cause a mother to take a baby to go do drug deals with her. I'm thinking drugs.

I totally agree about her actions before this happened had to do with drugs. When I was still shooting dope, I took my kids with me to buy. In my dopesick mind it was better than leaving them at home by themselves. I did lots of stupid stuff while I was still using. But I still loved my kids & still cared about them. I didn't leave them with strangers or people with violent histories.

But her her actions during/after, that's the mental problem. Millions of drug addicts don't murder/cover up the murder of their children. The ones that do, have underlying mental problems.

I hope now that LL has been arrested that these two marroons start squealing on each other and poor sweet Lonzie is found.
What a horrible story, with horrible people.

All I can think of when I hear about Lonzie's ears leaking, the bruise behind his ear, and his vomiting is that he had a basilar skull fracture. Awful. Awful. Awful.

As a combat medic, that's exactly what I told my husband last night when I read about that.

Addicts cant just " snap out of it", but they can, and do, turn their lives around. If they want it enough. If they are prepared for the effort and struggle that coming off drugs brings, they can do it. And having children SHOULD be the best reason of all to turn your life around, Ive got personal experience with this subject and have seen it done many times. But as many times, Ive seen parents that have no interest in putting their kids first and choose the drug lifestyle instead.

But, that said, I dont like the way people are assuming that just because a person is an addict, it makes them a baby-murderer. Yep in Ebron and Lonnas case, these scum did just that, but I believe if you are capable of that kind of serious neglect, you are the type of person that would have behaved that way irrespective of drug use. Some people are just vile individuals or trash no matter what they put into their bodies. Be it bad upbringing, genes, whatever, it takes a certain type of scum to neglect and hurt a child, drugs certainly wouldnt HELP them be better parents, but I think if you are twisted and damaged enough inside to ill-treat or kill a kid, you would be like that even if drugs were not involved.

Ive known many drug addicts, and not one has killed a child. Ive seen Mothers that obviously love their children but are too far down the all-consuming drug road to ever turn it around, the drugs do come first, but they still feel love for that child, they still cry and suffer when the child is taken away from them, unlike Lonna who was laughing and talking as if she had lost a shoe.

Many of the people I know may be addicts but they are not monsters. Lonna and Ebron are monsters. It is something within them that drugs didnt cause...drugs may have hightened that badness running through them, but it was there with or without drugs.

That's what I was trying to say but you said it much more eloquently!

Just because a woman can have a child doesn't necessarily make her a mother.

I just watched Russell Brand's documentary about addiction, last night...it argues against criminalizing drug use. He is extremely passionate about helping addicts deal with the root of their addiction. I think it's worth a watch if you haven't seen it...It's on Netflix now.

They have previous criminal drug charges. Lol, look what good that did! How about stop criminalizing drug use & getting people actual help! Not saying that would have fixed Ruben &/or Lonna because like I said before, millions of addicts don't commit crimes like this. People who are psycho/sociopaths do.

Locking up NON-VIOLENT addicts does absolutely nothing productive for society. Getting addicts real, actual help would do wonders! Also, are you aware there are people serving LIFE SENTENCES for pot? But violent rapists can get paroled in five years?

How do you not see the disconnect here?

I wish everyone would stop taking things personally on here. This is about Lonzie, finding him and what lead to his likely death. No one is perfect and we all have our issues, past and present. Hopefully no one on here would harm any child or neglect them. JMO and hugs and kisses.

And the question remains, where is Lonzie?? :(

IMO most human beings have an addictive nature. We become addicted to all kinds of things not just drugs, and even stuff on our supermarket shelves causes some addictions too. Maybe there is something inherent in our brain that sets off those addictive impulses?

And the question remains, where is Lonzie?? :(

I sure wish someone could find him. I wonder if LL gave a clue when she said she didn't think RE would put him anywhere horrible like a dumpster?

Speculating on "One hundred and twenty":
There is a route 121 that is the main drag through Maclenny
There is a bar frequented by many of the players called "121 Club"
There is a route 120 in the next town up (Sanderson), but it is a shorter road, not a main drag.

For any of the above, it would be more common to say "one twenty one", or "one twenty"

Since she said "One hundred twenty", I am thinking money or drugs
Typical street price for Roxy of Oxy is $1/mg. (Addicts will typically take 90 mg or 120 mg to get high (3 or 4 pills). So 4 pills would cost $120

During that time frame, I would expect that she was under surveillance, so after night like that I would expect she had contact with a cop at some point.

Sweet little Lonzie. Where are you?
I checked the actionjax website but didn't really see anything new. I wonder if anyone is going to post bond for LL?

Attachments

• lonzie.jpg
    lonzie.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 161
Since she said "One hundred twenty", I am thinking money or drugs
Typical street price for Roxy of Oxy is $1/mg. (Addicts will typically take 90 mg or 120 mg to get high (3 or 4 pills). So 4 pills would cost $120
Prostitution rates vary, but $100 would be a typical number, with $20 for something "extra"

As for a cop paying Lonna for sex, NO....just NO. With all the attention on this case there is no way a cop would be that stupid

BBM
That was my original thought. I'm usually wrong, so hopefully I'm wrong here too.

Same! Three kids, three father's here. Luckily for my oldest son, my middle sons father has raised him since he was still in my belly. He's ten now & his father has always treated him like his own & nothing less.

I made a lot of bad decisions in my life but I've been clean over two & a half years now & all of my decisions that I make now are with my kids in mind first.

So yeah, I get raged at the snide single mom comments as well. When did WS get so judgey?

I have followed this case since post 1 on thread 1. Lonna is not a single mom. She's been judged for many of her behaviors, but not for being a single mom. We must be reading different threads.

Me too. I can't figure out why some people are thinking it may mean 1:20 am.
Possibly because in the video, they write out 120. She said "one hundred and twenty" though.

That one statement she said just makes no sense at all and I feel like there might be some sort of hidden message in it but who knows.

"Just backtracked like roads and sh**. You know what I mean? We didn’t like get in the woods and look. Because it was I don’t know what time a.m that we decided to go do this (she laughs) with a bottle of Fireball. Somehow that led to one hundred and twenty and a cop and a couch I did not know about."

One hundred and twenty what? Dollars? Miles? Miles per Hour?

What is this "couch she didn't know about"? What couch? Is there something hidden in some couch somewhere? What is this couch she mentions?

IMO - My guess -a police officer offered her $120 for her services on a couch. She was too high to remember. Regardless she is truly a piece of work. So very sad.

Sweet little Lonzie. Where are you?
I checked the actionjax website but didn't really see anything new. I wonder if anyone is going to post bond for LL?
Actually, I would like to see BOTH of them make bond and get out of jail. As long as they are in jail their lawyers will make sure they keep their mouths shut. Let them out, give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lostnfound