Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell Colburn (@RussellANjax): https://twitter.com/RussellANjax?s=09

Lauramore Barton & Ebron have been constantly quietly communicating with their attorneys in the courtroom. @ActionNewsJax

Attorney: Ebron defense must "tip the scales" to allow info. to be sealed. Compared case to Michael Dunn case. Records allowed then.

Ebron's defense asking judge to make its own redactions to public records if they're allowed. @ActionNewsJax

Ebron defense trying to "preserve his right to a fair trial." Judge makes sure defense is aware burden of proof is on them. @ActionNewsJax

State: "Box loads of material" have already been released. Says they're getting substantial public records requests. @ActionNewsJax

State: Defense's records argument undone since Ebron has been reaching out to the media & providing interviews. @ActionNewsJax

State: "The public has a right to a public courtroom." @ActionNewsJax

State: "We are not there yet" in terms of exposure & media attention. @ActionNewsJax

#ANjaxBreaking: Judge DENIES defense motion to limit records. Says Ebron's attorneys have not met burden of proof. @ActionNewsJax

Judge: Attorneys must abide by obligations of what they can & cannot say/release to media. @ActionNewsJax

NEXT: Arguments to decide if trials are joined. @ActionNewsJax

Attorneys for Lauramore Barton & Ebron disagree w/ joining trials. @ActionNewsJax

Ebron defense says it still doesn't have final supplemental reports from detectives. @ActionNewsJax

State: Ebron defense doesn't need them. They have all the recorded conversations. @ActionNewsJax

Judge: There are sufficient materials to discuss joining trials. May not rule today. @ActionNewsJax

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 17m17 minutes ago
BTW - Parents of Ruben Ebron sitting in second row of courtroom, behind #JSO detectives who built case against him. They've supported son.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 24m24 minutes ago
Prosecutor: "There is more than enough evidence" to justify crimes are so interrelated that they ought to be tried in front of same jury.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 28m28 minutes ago
"There is no common plan, there was no hide the evidence text messages between them," Lonna Barton atty Carlisle says. "That is false."

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 29m29 minutes ago
Lonna Barton attorney Kevin Carlisle: "There is no evidence there was a common goal...to abuse or neglect #LonzieBarton."

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 29m29 minutes ago
Ruben Ebron, the suspect in #LonzieBarton's disappearance, and the toddler's mother Lonna Barton are in court... http://fb.me/5tj67Y3dK

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 34m34 minutes ago
Merging cases for trial is referred to as "joinder" - #LonzieBarton

http://www.americanbar.org/publicat...n_archive/crimjust_standards_joinsev_blk.html …

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 35m35 minutes ago
Ruben Ebron's attorney says case, alleged crimes are different from Lonna Barton's. Should NOT be joined for trial. Wants 2 juries.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 37m37 minutes ago
Prosecutor: Ruben Ebron & Lonna Barton cases should be joined. Same facts, witnesses, etc.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 46m46 minutes ago
Prosecutor: Ebron and Barton discussed their conduct w/ each other via cell phone.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 45m45 minutes ago
Prosecutor says both Ruben Ebron and Lonna Barton were aware of Ruben's drug activities, putting kids at risk.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 48m48 minutes ago
Prosecutor Rich Mantei: Lonna Barton and Ruben Ebron knew #LonzieBarton had injuries and did not get him help.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 47m47 minutes ago
Prosecutor says both Lonna Barton and Ruben Ebron intentionally lied to police. Ebron tried to escape from jail.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 50m50 minutes ago
Mother of #LonzieBarton, Lonna Barton, sits about 5 feet behind Ruben Ebron in court. Both defendants in btwn two attorneys.

https://twitter.com/wjxt4?lang=en

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 1m1 minute ago
Judge now taking up Ebron's atty's motion for police/prosecutors to not destroy any notes, texts, recordings from Ruben Ebron investigation

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 27s27 seconds ago
Ebron's prosecutor says there's an abundance of discovery given to his attorneys. Swamped w/ public records requests.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 1m1 minute ago
Prosecutor: "It is no secret this case involved hundreds" of officers, "weeks of time." He's not entitled to every text, convo cops had.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 5m5 minutes ago
Judge denies "MOTION TO PRESERVE INVESTIGATOR NOTES, MEMORANDA, AUDIO AND VISUAL RECORDINGS, TEXT MESSAGES AND EMAILS PERTAINING TO CASE."

https://twitter.com/wjxt4?lang=en

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 4m4 minutes ago
Trial date for Ruben Ebron is scheduled for Dec 7. Prosecutor and defense say too soon.Too much evidence to review.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 3m3 minutes ago
Judge Borello sets next pretrial hearing for Ruben Ebron and Lonna Barton for Oct. 29. No contact btwn. defendants.

Thank you rosie_lee and tlcya for the fantastic updates!

thanks for the posts; we now have a bit more information.
.... I am hopeful for resolution, "Too much evidence to review." (Prosecutor and defense say too soon re: 07-DEC trial date)

Tomorrow (Saturday) would have been Lonzie's second birthday. :( A vigil is scheduled in Macclenny. The organizers are asking that attendees not discuss the case.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/vigil-being-held-for-lonzie-bartons-2nd-birthday/35873456
This just breaks my heart! We are no closer to finding him since the very day he went missing. Lonzie deserves Justice!!

I will definitely be lighting a candle in honor of Lonzie. Still waiting on that one tip that breaks this case wide open.

I know it is deeply sad Lonzie hasn't been located, it breaks my heart tbh.

I am so so happy that they have said RE spoke to the media yet wants information kept from them, can't have it both ways sunshine!

Great result.

This just breaks my heart! We are no closer to finding him since the very day he went missing. Lonzie deserves Justice!!

I will definitely be lighting a candle in honor of Lonzie. Still waiting on that one tip that breaks this case wide open.

I know. How sad. There was so much hope when I first heard about this case that they were going to find him right away. Maybe not alive, but they had that original tip and were doing a search right away. And now, we're still just as far from finding him as in the beginning.

There is no way they will admit to a dead baby.
Not when all they have right now is Child neglect!

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie-...ounty/35884940
Lonzie searcher arrested in Baker County

--snip--
One of the volunteers ( David Pembleton) who’s been searching for missing toddler Lonzie Barton and was warned against interfering in the investigation was arrested Wednesday night.

In an altercation with several deputies, he kicked two of them, according to the sheriff's office. The deputies used their tasers on Pembleton and subdued him.

He’s being held on $240,000 bond on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, resisting police and driving without a license.

DP's wife was the one who leaked the recording in the car of LB talking about Lonzie and RE's involvement, the drugs, the drink etc. Surprised MSM never jumped on it.

:(

Poor Lonzie, no information on him. No-one out looking. Beyond belief.

:bdscroll::Happybirthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear LONZIE wherever you might be, we send our love.
Have lit a candle for you and my mother who shares the same birthdate.

A candle for Lonzie.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1445076348531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1445076348531.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors