Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Hannan (@LarryHannan): https://twitter.com/LarryHannan?s=09

Lonna lauramore Barton and Chris Barton have child custody hearing this morning in front of circuit judge David gooding.

Both Barton's want custody of their 5 year old child. Individual custody, not shared custody.

At the last custody hearing both Barton's promised not to use drugs. Then were arrested on charges of selling and using drugs hours later.

Both Barton's are still locked up. So I would guess today's hearing will not go well for them.

Lonna Barton is here. Chris Barton is in phone from baker county jail.

Daughter is doing well starting to open up to psychologists. Doing well in school guardian ad litem said.

ugh I hope they tell these bozos NO and NO.

Lonna lauramore Barton and Chris Barton have child custody hearing this morning in front of circuit judge David gooding.

Both Barton's want custody of their 5 year old child. Individual custody, not shared custody.

At the last custody hearing both Barton's promised not to use drugs. Then were arrested on charges of selling and using drugs hours later.

Both Barton's are still locked up. So I would guess today's hearing will not go well for them.

Daughter is doing well starting to open up to psychologists. Doing well in school guardian ad litem said.

Thanks for the updates.

Calling in from jail to demand full custody of a kid.
Being transported from jail to demand full custody of child.
WHAT?! :snooty:
To say nothing of the fact that their other child is missing/most likely dead, this really is the definition of ballsy and/or shameless. I hope the judge laughs and laughs at them.

I haven't been able to get on WS as much as I would like to in the past while, so I appreciate all the updates.

Um, okay.

[video=twitter;659396727531839488]https://twitter.com/KatieMcKeeANjax/status/659396727531839488[/video]
KatieMcKee @KatieMcKeeANjax
Chris Barton is receiving counseling and starting parenting classes @ActionNewsJax #ANjaxBREAKING

Thanks for the updates!!!

This case just blows my mind. SMH
Where's Lonzie!?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Um, okay.

[video=twitter;659396727531839488]https://twitter.com/KatieMcKeeANjax/status/659396727531839488[/video]
KatieMcKee @KatieMcKeeANjax
Chris Barton is receiving counseling and starting parenting classes @ActionNewsJax #ANjaxBREAKING

A little late for that isn't it?

A little late for that isn't it?

My first thought, too! I saw where they are giving an interview Thursday night @ 11pm and they are touting it as "never seen by police". I can't imagine what they could say in their defense.

I had a long snarky post typed. Then I opted for sitting on my hands and biting a hole through my lip instead.

I had a long snarky post typed. Then I opted for sitting on my hands and biting a hole through my lip instead.

It's nice to see somebody follows the rules around here, congratulations!

My first thought, too! I saw where they are giving an interview Thursday night @ 11pm and they are touting it as "never seen by police". I can't imagine what they could say in their defense.

Absolutely Nothing!

I've bitten my lip a lot lately, it gave me a mouth ulcer. I've got a tube of Bonjela I'm happy to share if it eases the pain :)

Wednesday’s court appearance was a status hearing where the judge confirmed both Chris and Lonna Barton completed their psychological and parenting assessments.

I'd love to know the results! It sounds like Lonzie's sister is doing well out of the care of her parents:

“I visited with her yesterday for three hours, she has a lot of exciting activities going on this week. She went to the pumpkin patch at school yesterday. She is going to be with extended family this evening to carve some pumpkins. Tomorrow they have a big party at school, Friday there is no school and Saturday she is excited about going trick-or-treating,” the girl's guardian ad litem told Gooding.
“I was pleased to see the report from the therapist that the child is responding well to therapy, beginning to open up, and the therapist also said that the grandmother had been very helpful and they have a good relationship with one another. That's so important for a small child,” Gooding said.

The guardian ad litem also said the girl is doing well and she is right where she needs to be with her grandmother.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/custody-hearing-held-for-lonzie-bartons-sister/36099884

Lawyers for both said they had been examined by psychiatrists and that written reports would be available in the next week or so. Those reports will likely focus on the parents' mental health and examine any substance-abuse issues they have.

The next hearing was set for Nov. 16.

Lauramore Barton is scheduled back in court with Ebron on Thursday. Circuit Judge Mark Borello, who is the judge in the criminal cases against Barton and Ebron in Duval County, is expected to rule on whether the two will go on trial together.

Prosecutors want them tried together saying the criminal charges against them are essentially the same. Defense attorneys for both disagree and want the trials separate.

Ebron is scheduled to go on trial Dec. 7, but prosecutors and defense lawyers have indicated that they don't think that date is realistic. A trial date for Lauramore Barton has not yet been set.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...well-without-her-parents-court-told/74755054/

What a complete waste of time...money and resources...thinking those 2 will ever be good parents...they never were before.

What a complete waste of time...money and resources...thinking those 2 will ever be good parents...they never were before.

What might be useful for CB, is getting some job skills to make a legal living for his children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot