FL FL - Lori Paige, 12, Mission San Luis, 3 June 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Group creator Patty Wilson wanted to help spread the word again after posting her flier months ago. "I spoke to Pastor Ferguson and Margie and asked if we could start a search."

She posted those plans to Facebook, but says they need more help for their next search. "The next Leon County clean up day on the 24th, we're going to do another search around that area and just hand out fliers."

Ferguson says they also have other plans. "What we would like to do is simply have a billboard or two to find her on the major roads"

He says they will not stop until they find out where Lori is.

"Young Lori Paige belongs to Tallahassee. Belongs to all of us. We are one city. We are gatekeepers and we must stand at the gate to make sure our children are safe."

I know her disappearance was initially discussed here, but its not until Nancy Grace talked about this week did it seemed to go nationwide. As a POC its still mind-blowing that in 2024 there is still a vast gap in coverage of missing people depending on your epidermal hue. I get jt... Lori has a history of running away. So what? She's still a child who's been missing for 8 months, and there were people who live in the area who didn't even know she was missing until recently.

"We have not found her, no trace of her which is a very sad commentary because this is not a huge city."

Many people in Tallahassee though are connecting about the case on social media. Her flier shared in the Living Tallahassee Facebook group, popping up on the feeds of its 47,000 members.

She posted those plans to Facebook, but says they need more help for their next search. "The next Leon County clean up day on the 24th, we're going to do another search around that area and just hand out fliers."

Ferguson says they also have other plans. "What we wold like to do is simply have a billboard or two to find her on the major roads"

He says they will not stop until they find out where Lori is.

"Young Lori Paige belongs to Tallahassee. Belongs to all of us. We are one city. We are gatekeepers and we must stand at the gate to make sure our children are safe."

1708421633536.jpeg

Detectives, joined by the Tallahassee Fire Department, are launching their search Tuesday morning at San Luis Mission Park in the city's northwest. Hill said they will be there as long as it takes to complete the grid search, which is when investigators search a large area section by section to ensure a thorough scan.

The 12-year-old went missing more than eight months ago, and detectives are resorting to a more in-depth search method, exhausting all their options to learn anything that might help them find Lori.

"This is just part of ongoing efforts to try and get a lead," TPD spokesperson Alicia Hill said. "We still don't have any information."

The park is near where Lori originally went missing, in the 1200 block of Continental Court off Ocala Road, last June.

"We're doubling back to see if there's anything we might find to indicate where she might be," Hill said.

In a recent interview with the Tallahassee Democrat, Detective Anna Drake said Lori's case "is unique."

"Everyone is concerned for her welfare," Drake said. "The length of her being missing is very concerning to us."

"Detectives, joined by the Tallahassee Fire Department, are launching their search Tuesday morning at San Luis Mission Park in the city's northwest."

SBM

"In a recent interview with the Tallahassee Democrat, Detective Anna Drake said Lori's case "is unique." She said she's never had a case where they've gone this long without the child getting in contact with anyone.

"Everyone is concerned for her welfare," Drake said. "The length of her being missing is very concerning to us."

This makes me think, or at least the FBI believes, her family is involved. A parental kidnapping?
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Someone in the family is hiding her or custodial interference.

Snip from article
Her family has connections in Thomasville, Georgia, and Nashville, Tennessee, and the FBI believes she may be moving between the two cities.

Digital billboards of Paige will appear in Atlanta, Macon, Valdosta and Rome, as well as throughout Florida and Tennessee. The FBI is offering up to $15,000 for information that leads to her recovery.

Wow. That is a really long time for a 12 year old to be missing. Who last saw this cutie ? I am hoping she’s safe with family somewhere. I wish someone from the family would speak out. This girl needs people looking for her. She is only 12 !

1000020216.jpg

The FBI is offering a reward for information on this missing 12 yr old girl out of Florida. Lori Page. Missing from the Tallahassee area. Missing since June 2024.
Full story link below:

“TPD was utilizing [the Leon County Sheriff’s Office’s] Dive Team today in their ongoing search for Lori Paige,” Merrit said. “We are continuing to explore all avenues and angles in this case, and [we] remain committed to finding Lori.”

“Law enforcement did not find anything today during the search,” she wrote. “In terms of searching the lake before, the dive team trains regularly and has trained in this lake prior to today’s focused search. TPD has canvassed this area before, and searched the edge of the lake as part of the grid search last week.”

With the dive search, I'm beginning to wonder if they still think she's being moved from place to place between family. Why expend the money and man-hours to do a dive search eight months later if that's their working theory?

A facebook search of Lori's name brings up a live from her mother that was posted earlier this month and gives a lot of content. While I have only watched the first half hour of that live this morning, I am less inclined to believe mom is involved than I was with all the silence. I still don't understand why no one from the family (mom, dad, grandmas included) is shouting from the rooftops every day to find this child, or the lack of emotion, fear regarding her whereabouts/condition, anger for little to no assistance, etc. JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back