Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know about new documents that came out today ?

Stephan Sterns Jail File and Supplemental Report​

No, where did you hear that?

I see that both cases have a status hearing on 10/14. Interesting that they are both held at the same time. When they had the pretrails they were at different times on the same day (10am & 1:30pm). Seems kinda odd to me since they are different cases.

Murder: STATUS HEARING SET FOR 10/14/2024 AT 9:00 AM IN 4F BEFORE JUDGE: CARSTEN, KEITH

CSAM: STATUS HEARING SET FOR 10/14/2024 AT 9:00 AM IN 4F BEFORE JUDGE: CARSTEN, KEITH

I agree 100%, I am shocked they have the option not to show up. How does that work? whats the reasoning behind it?

SS isn't the first, and won't be the last -- not appearing in Court after waiving their right to be present, which seems to be in vogue now -- all under the guise of exercising the defendant's constitutional right.

I'm not aware of Florida but some states have been quicker than others to nip this immediately. I'm thinking of Colorado that wasted no time on convicted Letecia Stauch where Judge Werner ordered the EPCSO to take all necessary steps and use any force necessary to deliver her to the Court every day of her trial, versus New Hampshire where Adam Montgomery refused to attend his trial for killing his daughter Harmony but was finally Ordered by the Court to attend his sentencing.

The Montgomery case spurred a bill in the state Legislature requiring people charged with serious crimes to be present for the reading of verdicts and at sentencing hearings. The bill passed in the House and awaits action in the Senate.

No, where did you hear that?

I see that both cases have a status hearing on 10/14. Interesting that they are both held at the same time. When they had the pretrails they were at different times on the same day (10am & 1:30pm). Seems kinda odd to me since they are different cases.

Murder: STATUS HEARING SET FOR 10/14/2024 AT 9:00 AM IN 4F BEFORE JUDGE: CARSTEN, KEITH

CSAM: STATUS HEARING SET FOR 10/14/2024 AT 9:00 AM IN 4F BEFORE JUDGE: CARSTEN, KEITH

For convenience and safety of the Court and the parties involved, this is not unusual at all-- especially for a status hearing. The coordination of transporting an inmate to Court and holding them in the Courthouse is a serious issue for both county jail staff and the bailiff. Also, the pretrial hearings cited by OP for 10 AM & 1:30 PM were actually both held at 1:30 PM and only his lawyer was present after SS waived his appearance.

OK for the safety of the court, I can live with. Anything to do with his rights after he left a little girl in a field all alone for 4 days, would feel retraumatizing for the family. I get when they dont want to hear the details of the things they dont know, ( like in Delphi and that doc leak) but this family wont be surprised at what they hear, I dont think.

Last edited:
OK for the safety of the court, I can live with. Anything to do with his rights after he left a little girl in a field all alone for 4 days, would feel retraumatizing for the family. I get when they dont want to hear the details of the things they dont know, ( like in Delphi and that doc leak) but this family wont be surprised at what they hear, I dont think.

If Sterns pulls a Montgomery and does not attend his own trial for murder, so be it but I do hope there is somebody in Court to represent dear Madeline! That would be awful. I wish he'd just confess, and take his place on death row. The sooner the better. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Berryhij1
Back