Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel as if ya'll have discussed this already but the only reason I can think of as to why the dog didn't hit on the Lincoln was that MS may not have been deceased when she was placed in the trunk. She may have passed away after being left behind the trees and the decomp that the dog alerted to was acquired when SS returned in the Nissan to determine if she was or wasn't alive. He may have thought she was deceased but had second thoughts and a doubt so he went back to check.
moo

I do believe MS was deceased in the Lincoln but also not bothered that there was no K9 alert on this vehicle. IMO, I think SS returned to the area to move and/or reposition MS to the bamboo tree line. I think SS panicked with the flat tire and was unhappy with where he first abruptly deposited her body. I also think his idea of the tree-line worked in that it delayed recovering MS body-- even after LE received the tip where SS and/or vehicle seen changing the tire. JMO

Well, this now begs the question can he keep his public defender if he lied on his application for Indigent status? I'd think collectables would fall under the last one (Other tangible property).

View attachment 517543

And the courts have that lie all in B&W in his emails to his mommie and daddie.

Does anyone know if the courts find out someone lied in order to get a PD, if they can take away his PD and tell him to hire his own?

ETA - Looks like @girlhasnoname answered my Q. Now I wonder if that can be different from state to state.

That's not how it typically works. While being assigned a public defender generally takes into account a defendant's assets, it does not prevent the Court from assigning the defendant counsel as soon as possible.

In some states, you can be a multi-millionaire but if you are held without bond, you automatically qualify for a PD per the statute (but if you are later granted bail and determined to have the means to hire representation while out of custody, it's expected you will do so and your PD privilege revoked).

I believe SS is in this category -- held without bond. For example, it's not expected for the State to put SS's case on hold for SS to attempt to liquidate his 'collectibles,' and then use the proceeds to retain private counsel, all from behind bars in the county jail.

IIRC, in Florida, I believe any person charged with capital murder (death penalty) -- indigent or not, qualifies for a PD. I believe they are required to receive two death penalty qualified attorneys.

In other words, the constitutional right to counsel takes priority, and repayment of a PD becomes secondary.

I recall an old case in CA of a convicted killer (Diana Haun), also without liquid assets but who received a monthly annuity benefit after a personal injury. After conviction, the state was able to garnish her monthly benefits until the cost of her PD was recovered. I think the State wanted to take this further and make her also pay for the cost of her imprisonment but don't recall if this was ever ruled upon.

MOO

That's not how it typically works. While being assigned a public defender generally takes into account a defendant's assets, it does not prevent the Court from assigning the defendant counsel as soon as possible.

In some states, you can be a multi-millionaire but if you are held without bond, you automatically qualify for a PD per the statute (but if you are later granted bail and determined to have the means to hire representation while out of custody, it's expected you will do so and your PD privilege revoked).

I believe SS is in this category -- held without bond. For example, it's not expected for the State to put SS's case on hold for SS to attempt to liquidate his 'collectibles,' and then use the proceeds to retain private counsel, all from behind bars in the county jail.

IIRC, in Florida, I believe any person charged with capital murder (death penalty) -- indigent or not, qualifies for a PD. I believe they are required to receive two death penalty qualified attorneys.

In other words, the constitutional right to counsel takes priority, and repayment of a PD becomes secondary.

I recall an old case in CA of a convicted killer (Diana Haun), also without liquid assets but who received a monthly annuity benefit after a personal injury. After conviction, the state was able to garnish her monthly benefits until the cost of her PD was recovered. I think the State wanted to take this further and make her also pay for the cost of her imprisonment but don't recall if this was ever ruled upon.

MOO

Thank you for taking the time to explain. And you are right, he is being held without bond.

He is being held without bond at the Osceola County Jail.

I’ve been thinking about a few things that you all may know that don’t.
1) Where does SS get his income? I know he used to work for Disney but I think that’s been quite a while ago. How does he support his Aderol addiction, vaping and all his toys? Does he sell the CSAM?
2) Has JS always worked and just recently changed jobs- or did she just recently seek employment?
3 how long has JS been renting out rooms? Is this a recent thing or has it been ongoing for a while?
4 If SS just moved out in December how did this affect JS finances? He didn’t work afaik so what if any contribution did he make to the household?
As much as I want to believe JS was just ignorant to what has been going on- these questions and the fact that MS was disappointed in the lack of a cash gift from her mother makes me second guess . And additionally SS mom’s statement about it “not being all your fault” makes me go Hmmm??

I’ve been thinking about a few things that you all may know that don’t.
1) Where does SS get his income? I know he used to work for Disney but I think that’s been quite a while ago. How does he support his Aderol addiction, vaping and all his toys? Does he sell the CSAM?
That's been my guess (selling CSAM, which might have been why he was on Telegram at 11:49 shortly after JS sent them upstairs to sleep together). Perhaps his mommie gives him money too. It wouldn't surprise me from what I read of their email conovs that GH recently had aired.
4 If SS just moved out in December how did this affect JS finances? He didn’t work afaik so what if any contribution did he make to the household?
Likely for the positive! She had 1 less mouth to feed. I doubt (so it's IMO) that he contributed very much. I could be wrong about that though. But he sure as heck took a lot. Her daughter's virginity, dignity, sleep, and finally her life. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back