Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I heard about a penis message. It does seem to translate as you said, but I don't remember that being brought up from the boys who knew her. Young boys saying that in an interview? Being asked that? What did the message they're talking about say? This was when Maddie was alive and complaining about SS? Seems like some of the confusion about SS's Dad being at the party is also translation confusion & possible error. MOO
I doubt they were asked that as the boy was speaking non-stop once the mic was put in front of him. And I can't help but think that a "penis message" has to be another glitch of Google translator. What came to my mind, as that video was 3/7, after the news hit the streets about pictures of Maddie and SS's penis in various positions, that he was talking about the images found on her phone. But! The rest of that sentence still doesn't make any sense!

To keep things together for folks:

In 2022 she said that her stepfather was mean to her, when I saw that penis message it was like something normal like they had fought, you know, something normal.

I tried 2 different translators. Collins had the same translation, but DeepL dropped the word penis and came up with:

In 2022 she said that her stepfather was mean to her, when I saw that message I thought it was like something normal like they had a fight, you know, something normal.

But, when I check for just the translation of pene in DeepL, it indeed comes up with penis, so I have no idea why that word was dropped from the full text translation.

With that said... I'm thinking that there were typoes in the CC as they don't always get it right, and that whatever typos there are are really throwing us off since we're thinking it's a literal translation. I'm venturing a guess that it's not 100% correct. I'd put money on it if someone asking him if he said that about his penis, and being normal, he'd say that he did not say that and would correct what he had said. I

There were typos in the CC text with many words missing consonants. Habían as haia, podia as poia, tenia as teia, escuela as eqcuela etc. I am almost certain the pene word is missing an s which would lead to pensé which is to think in the past.
I cannot view the video here in Spain but from the CC I can translate this:

“cuando vi ese mensaje pensé que era como algo normal como que se habían peleado, ya sabes, algo normal”

“when I saw that message I thought it was normal, like they’d had a fight, you know, something normal”

My opinion as a bilingual person and translator as well as a teacher to children big (adults) and small.

There were typos in the CC text with many words missing consonants. Habían as haia, podia as poia, tenia as teia, escuela as eqcuela etc. I am almost certain the pene word is missing an s which would lead to pensé which is to think in the past.
I cannot view the video here in Spain but from the CC I can translate this:

“cuando vi ese mensaje pensé que era como algo normal como que se habían peleado, ya sabes, algo normal”

“when I saw that message I thought it was normal, like they’d had a fight, you know, something normal”

My opinion as a bilingual person and translator as well as a teacher to children big (adults) and small.
THANK YOU, @64WhetstoneRoad!!! I had a feeling the CC had typos that any of us could have picked out had we just spoken Spanish.

MUCH appreciated!

With that said... I'm guessing (speaking for myself) it was easy to believe that the boy had said penis since we all know what we do about that!

I know from experience just how crappy those translators can be. Back a decade or so ago they installed one where I worked to translate voicemails into text so we could read them without needing to listen to them. I got one from a caterer that said something to the effect about the "rotten slimy turkey salad". There was more horribly wrong with it and I wish I had kept it as it was always good for a laugh.

THANK YOU, @64WhetstoneRoad!!! I had a feeling the CC had typos that any of us could have picked out had we just spoken Spanish.

MUCH appreciated!

With that said... I'm guessing (speaking for myself) it was easy to believe that the boy had said penis since we all know what we do about that!

I know from experience just how crappy those translators can be. Back a decade or so ago they installed one where I worked to translate voicemails into text so we could read them without needing to listen to them. I got one from a caterer that said something to the effect about the "rotten slimy turkey salad". There was more horribly wrong with it and I wish I had kept it as it was always good for a laugh.

Technology moves fast and thankfully any online translators or software have come on leaps and bounds. I remember using one to do my French homework in 2000 and oh boy…
I’ll try to translate anything else that may pop up.

I've been away and thus away from this case for a while, and it seems like a lot of information has come out. Before I start digging in to those documents, does anyone have suggestions on how I can catch up on any big revelations?

One thing I'm really wondering about is what the discovery documents may have revealed about JS or JS's potential involvement. I know the general feeling has been that based on statements to LE and media JS seems like she knew or that she had to have known, but I don't think there was at that time any public evidence pointing toward active involvement in the abuse or murder of MS. Has anything come out in the past few weeks that would indicate, if JS was in any way involved in SS's crimes (whether through complicity or actions), what that involvement would specifically be?

The message I got from Jenn and Grandma and Jenn's sister was not that Maddie was so happy and that's whyshe wouldn't run away...

"She is not the type of person" (both in English and Spanish by Jenn)
"She has many fears" (Grandma, in Spanish tv)
"I really don't think she would have ever done anything like that... to just pick up and run away with no trace of anything" (Jenn's sister)

Early on, the aunt:

She would never ever run away.... because she's "not that type of person". That just sounds odd to me, in retrospect. We now know that there was tension between Maddie and mom, at the very least arguments about Jenn dis-owning her when she turned 18 (I am unfamiliar with this threat, I am from different culture so this just sounds mean? I don't know), Maddie wanting to leave the home, Jenn being absent in terms of Maddie's academics (she was getting Ds and Fs)... to me Jenn from the get-go was set on spinning the "ShE was TAkeN!" Narrative.... within 48 hours.

What is this threat "to Disown", is it..
I hate that I had you, you will be dead to me once you turn 18?
Or
I don't want to be responsible financially at all for you, you will not inherit this house or any money unless you do as I say?
Or
Something else? Is it an actual legal process, to disown a child?
Poor Madeline didn't stand a chance with Stern's,and JS. So sad,and infuriating. She deserved so much better. MOO

I've been away and thus away from this case for a while, and it seems like a lot of information has come out. Before I start digging in to those documents, does anyone have suggestions on how I can catch up on any big revelations?

One thing I'm really wondering about is what the discovery documents may have revealed about JS or JS's potential involvement. I know the general feeling has been that based on statements to LE and media JS seems like she knew or that she had to have known, but I don't think there was at that time any public evidence pointing toward active involvement in the abuse or murder of MS. Has anything come out in the past few weeks that would indicate, if JS was in any way involved in SS's crimes (whether through complicity or actions), what that involvement would specifically be?
LE mentioned that JS was referring to MS in the past-tense on 2/28 during a ride to the station for an interview. There are no specifics about it, however. From KIPD 24-0018960//00985:
"...I offered [JS] a courtesy ride from the hotel that she and Stephan were staying at to the OCSO Central Operations building. [JS] accepted the offer and I transported her in my agency issued vehicle in the passenger seat. During the transport, [JS] and I had a brief conversation. While speaking, I noted that [JS] referred to [MS] using the past-tense several times when she mentioned her. ..."

LE mentioned that JS was referring to MS in the past-tense on 2/28 during a ride to the station for an interview. There are no specifics about it, however. From KIPD 24-0018960//00985:
"...I offered [JS] a courtesy ride from the hotel that she and Stephan were staying at to the OCSO Central Operations building. [JS] accepted the offer and I transported her in my agency issued vehicle in the passenger seat. During the transport, [JS] and I had a brief conversation. While speaking, I noted that [JS] referred to [MS] using the past-tense several times when she mentioned her. ..."
Well, if that ain't a dead giveaway... I don't know what is.

(And yes, I know ain't isn't proper. Or is it ain't ain't proper?) ;)

Well, if that ain't a dead giveaway... I don't know what is.

(And yes, I know ain't isn't proper. Or is it ain't ain't proper?) ;)
Does seem pretty damning. To be fair, I listened to a show the other day that was pointing out that past-tense referencing doesn't always necessarily mean the person had foreknowledge. The host listed three different situations in which it could be that the parent presumes their missing child is deceased, without any advanced knowledge, which could lead them to refer to the child in the past-tense. Paraphrased:
1) Police have mentioned that it's unlikely the child will be found alive.
2) The parent saw the child abducted by someone with a weapon.
3) (I'm sorry, I actually don't recall the third now that I started typing this! :( -- maybe passage of time?)

None of them seemed applicable to this situation, at any rate, which did make me despair a bit. :( Still, not proof, and without specifics, it's hard to know exactly what was said.

The media thread might be a big help to you, especially more recent posts. @PayrollNerd thoughtfully broke out many of the most informative pages from a LE document dump of some 800-plus pages and from PN’s file names you can usually discern content.

I uploaded the documents (the 896 pages that Insightful1 uploaded for us to Dropbox) to Scribd, so that they can be viewed without downloading: https://www.scribd.com/document/745...the-investigation-into-Madeline-Soto-s-murder

One really nice thing about Scribd is that you can link directly to specific pages in the file. If you'd like to reference something found in those documents, you can link directly to it by editing the page number here: https://www.scribd.com/embeds/745069123/content?start_page=123 Hopefully this makes it really easy to share sources

Last edited:
I uploaded the documents (the 896 pages that Insightful1 uploaded for us to Dropbox) to Scribd, so that they can be viewed without downloading: https://www.scribd.com/document/745...the-investigation-into-Madeline-Soto-s-murder

One really nice thing about Scribd is that you can link directly to specific pages in the file. If you'd like to reference something found in those documents, you can link directly to it by editing the page number here: https://www.scribd.com/embeds/745069123/content?start_page=123 Hopefully this makes it really easy to share sources
This is awesome. Thank you

If there's any doubt about SS and his absolutely ridiculous excuses and stories about what he did on Monday.... he factory reset his phone....not once......but TWICE, according to LE. (2nd paragraph below.)

TWICE!?!?! Screenshot_20240624-210511.png

Page 1003 (in red)

To me it doesn't make sense at all, that SS wasn't a welcome guest at the belated birthday party, but his father CS was. Allegedly CS had been invited and was there at grandma's home. WHY?? What does he have to do with the outdated relationship between his son SS and mother JS/daughter MS??
Did MS see him CS as a nice substitute grandpa and was happy, that he was present? Did MS keep in touch with CS for the whole 5-6 years, while the relationship between her mother JS and SS was still intact (BUT on and off)? Since when has a parent a remaining relationship to the relatives of the ex-girlfriend and daughter, when the relationship between the own son SS and his girlfriend never had been constant? In addition: when the own son SS had even been disliked by the relatives of the ex-girlfriend?
To me the next question would be: why is CS' car involved at all? Did CS come to the town because of his car, which was needed (and his alibi was the birthday party)? Or was the car used randomly after an unforeseen event and because it was available by chance?
I just read here, that CS and SS' halfbrother had distanced themselves from SS. I understood, that SS' odd relationship with his mother was the reason. WHY did CS visited the town then and the party?

How do you know CS was at the party? This is something I may have missed.

At around 6:25 in this video, GH is talking about cell phone pings/car sightings and GH, IMO, speculates that SS dad, CS, was at the party because of CS phone pinging in that area. IMO this is GH guessing or speculating that CS was there, not a fact that CS was there. JMO, MOO

At around 6:25 in this video, GH is talking about cell phone pings/car sightings and GH, IMO, speculates that SS dad, CS, was at the party because of CS phone pinging in that area. IMO this is GH guessing or speculating that CS was there, not a fact that CS was there. JMO, MOO
Thanks for posting that.
So that video was before he found out SS had his dads phone (makes sense now)
according to the ping information :
8:11 pm SS is way down on the bottom left ( see 8:11 photo below) and maddi had already left the party ( approx 7:49 pm) hes nowhere near the party.
8:19 maddi is almost home. looks like they may have made a stop on the way ( possibly at the aunts)
8:31 Maddi home
8:42 ss arrives at jenns Condo (approx)
jenn arrives by 1030
they (ss and maddi) had essentially 1 hour and 45 min alone.
the next day SS still has his dad's car and phone.
when and how did Stephan get those in the first place.

**please correct me if its wrong

Attachments

• 8-11 pm.jpg
    8-11 pm.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 8-19 pm  .jpg
    8-19 pm  .jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 8-42 pm.jpg
    8-42 pm.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Thanks for posting that.
So that video was before he found out SS had his dads phone (makes sense now)
according to the ping information :
8:11 pm SS is way down on the bottom left ( see 8:11 photo below) and maddi had already left the party ( approx 7:49 pm) hes nowhere near the party.
8:19 maddi is almost home. looks like they may have made a stop on the way ( possibly at the aunts)
8:31 Maddi home
8:42 ss arrives at jenns Condo (approx)
jenn arrives by 1030
they (ss and maddi) had essentially 1 hour and 45 min alone.
the next day SS still has his dad's car and phone.
when and how did Stephan get those in the first place.

**please correct me if its wrong
[conform.

If SS had CS's phone, was SS hanging out near the party, then distanced himself so he wouldn't be seen (by anyone in JS's family) and then returned to the home once MS had been dropped off?

And why DID he have CS's phone and car?

Checking in on #Justice4Madeline. I don't follow too closely as SS and JS both make me sick. Obviously him more than her, but what kind of mother allows this behavior to go on, especially since she and SS were so on and off again? There's cold, hard proof of what he did to Madeline from 8-13 yo. He's toast in my eyes, express lane to DP.

I don't read the detailed docs (too much) but has anyone said where JS is now? How did she ever spend another night with SS after LE showed her pictures of SS with Madeline???? Or did they show JS pictures after they stayed together in the hotel and she kind of disappeared?

JMO

Checking in on #Justice4Madeline. I don't follow too closely as SS and JS both make me sick. Obviously him more than her, but what kind of mother allows this behavior to go on, especially since she and SS were so on and off again? There's cold, hard proof of what he did to Madeline from 8-13 yo. He's toast in my eyes, express lane to DP.

I don't read the detailed docs (too much) but has anyone said where JS is now? How did she ever spend another night with SS after LE showed her pictures of SS with Madeline???? Or did they show JS pictures after they stayed together in the hotel and she kind of disappeared?

JMO
On 120/1008, it says they stayed in a hotel together on 2/28. On 341-342/1008, it says she was shown pictures of the abuse in a narrative of events starting with executing the warrant on 2/28 (but it also says on the top right the date of occurrence was 2/27.)

While it’s stated in a confusing way, I think he was arrested on 2/28 when all of this happened and never went to sleep with anyone again other than his celly.

In any event, it is beyond me why you would sleep next to the last person who saw your child - and a person who has had nothing but flimsy, inconsistent excuses at that - but, honestly, it probably didn’t bother her because she also had nothing but flimsy, inconsistent excuses herself.

Attachments

• IMG_9449.jpeg
    IMG_9449.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9451.jpeg
    IMG_9451.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online