Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

That's only because it's the most direct way to Maddie's house from North Port. At least according to Google maps.
yes, there were questions about whether he was at the party or near the party, so I posted that ping map so people could see for themselves. Im. not a ping expert so others may read it differently Looked to me like he may driven by the area on his way because it was en route,to Jenns. Even the little stall looked like it happened before he got close to that area.

Been reading the doc dumps and have some questions
MS friends have reported that MS loved SS and have also said she said he was mean. Also said MA texted and FT Ss a lot.
I can’t imagine how after all he put her through that she could tolerate let alone “love” him. Is this how grooming works. Fortunately I have no experience in this.

MS friends have reported that MS loved SS and have also said she said he was mean. Also said MA texted and FT Ss a lot.
I can’t imagine how after all he put her through that she could tolerate let alone “love” him. Is this how grooming works. Fortunately I have no experience in this.
Edited. MS. Not MA

this was a pretty good article that talks about trauma bonding. it talks about incest, but it's applicable, and it may give a little insight. there are lots of scholarly articles on trauma bonding, this was just short and an easier read

Trauma Bonding and Incest | CPTSDfoundation.org

Last edited:
I still don't understand why Maddy didn't tell someone. Her mom, grandmother, or someone at school. Was there no one she trusted or confided in? Maybe she thought SS was her boyfriend?
It took me until my late 30s to talk about my abuse that happened from age 9 thru 12 and I still to this day (45 years old now) haven't told anyone in my family or any authority figure. Many don't ever tell, I would actually lean towards most don't tell. Reasons for not telling are varied. For me, it was embarrassment and fear because a relative of my abuser was closely involved with local authorities plus, I was scared if I told my dad he would go to jail for killing my abuser.

Because it had been a while, when JS wanted to sleep alone that night, SS took advantage of the opportunity and intended to sexually assault MS, as he had many times before. Possibly also because it had been a while, maybe MS reacted differently (eg. she may have resisted), or things didn’t happen in the way that they had for the past several years, resulting in SS killing MS. He took the next few hours to try and figure out how to cover it up, and figured his best option was to pretend he was taking her to school.
bbm
If it happened like that, when exactly (do you think) was JS in the play with her odd story "calling SS, begging him to pick up MS for school"? They had agreed on it, but when?

this was a pretty good article that talks about trauma bonding. it talks about incest, but it's applicable, and it may give a little insight. there are lots of scholarly articles on trauma bonding, this was just short and an easier read

Thanks for posting that article, @ttjo. It explains trauma bonding clearly and concisely. Everyone should read this article to understand the complexities of what Maddie was going through. She saw SS as her stepfather and no doubt he used that child's desire to have a father around for his own benefit. We are talking about a young, innocent impressionable child. If that makes you sick, you're not alone.

I'm sure SS made her feel special as part of the manipulation process. She had to struggle with confusing adult type feelings she had no way to deal with at such a young age. She apparently kept those secrets trapped inside and didn't tell. We weep knowing she had to deal with this.

SS was basically diabolical in pursuit of his own needs. He, knowingly, went about forming a sick pseudo stepfather bond he perpetuated over years while telling himself, selfishly rationalizing, that he was "her person she could go to if she needed to talk". What he did was beyond wrong, and then Madeline's life gets cut short and he dumps her in a field. It's just tragic.
Let the DP trial begin. All MOO

There does seem to be a little interruption in his flow of travel at one point like he was stalling. if you look at all the time stamps on that video. Im hoping that L/E has more info on what happened before.
I wonder if he had Maddie’s location? I was thinking of the Find my Friends thing on an IPhone but I think we’ve seen he had an android so I don’t know if that could be it (I know very little about androids).

I wonder if he had Maddie’s location? I was thinking of the Find my Friends thing on an IPhone but I think we’ve seen he had an android so I don’t know if that could be it (I know very little about androids).
I dont know much about androids either but Im pretty sure if you know how to sign onto someone icloud account, you can use find my devices. Its iphones feature to locate, wipe or lock a lost phone. and as long as you have location services on it works. no permissions are required. same idea as Find My Friends, only slight differences People vs. devices sharing - Apple Community

Trauma Bonding and Incest | CPTSDfoundation.org
Thank you. Very good article. It helps me to better understand their relationship.

Thank you. Very good article. It helps me to better understand their relationship.
you can see how the tamagotchi's played a role now. when he gave her that special one, he ordered but when it came, it was pink.( Reddit posts) how special that he gave them to her instead of returning them. :rolleyes: and he was a trianglator. When her and Jenn fought, he was her comforter. He was that guy for her, he never co-parented, he was the rescuer.:rolleyes: how could she tell on him ? its so sick, and a child doesn't understand these head games. and if you tell you feel awful then too. these kids cant win.

Last edited:
you can see how the tamagotchi's played a role now. when he gave her that special one, he ordered but when it came, it was pink.( Reddit posts) how special that he gave them to her instead of returning them. :rolleyes: and he was a trianglator. When her and Jenn fought, he was her comforter. He was that guy for her, he never co-parented, he was the rescuer.:rolleyes: how could she tell on him ? its so sick, and a child doesn't understand these head games. and if you tell you feel awful then too. these kids cant win.
Don't forget he was also spending a lot of time with her that was attention she otherwise didn't seem to get, unfortunately. Like I recall one Reddit image where he was bragging on her having painted some mini-figurines so well (his own favorite hobby). So he was spending hours of hobby time with her, paying attention -- yes, grooming, but think of how much she must have really needed that attention and may not have been getting it otherwise. I think there was unfortunately a really big void there in her life that was pretty easy to fill, given all the time he was able to spend with her.

Don't forget he was also spending a lot of time with her that was attention she otherwise didn't seem to get, unfortunately. Like I recall one Reddit image where he was bragging on her having painted some mini-figurines so well (his own favorite hobby). So he was spending hours of hobby time with her, paying attention -- yes, grooming, but think of how much she must have really needed that attention and may not have been getting it otherwise. I think there was unfortunately a really big void there in her life that was pretty easy to fill, given all the time he was able to spend with her.
exactly!!!

If they both had Google maps installed, it would have been very easy for him to adjust the permissions on her phone to allow it to share her location with him. My spouse and I have this turned on for each other.

bbm
If it happened like that, when exactly (do you think) was JS in the play with her odd story "calling SS, begging him to pick up MS for school"? They had agreed on it, but when?
I had a theory cross my mind the other day, that JS may have been asleep during the morning, and SS convinced her that he let her sleep in and took MS to school because he's 'such a nice guy" (vomit). When MS was reported missing, SS must have been feeding an in the dark, JS with his version of what happened, while convincing her it will look bad if she was sleeping in and doesn't know anything. If you look at the lies, JS told in the bigger picture, a pattern emerges if you have the perspective that she slept in and was puppeteered by SS on what to say.
ETA: JMO of course

I concur with all of this and will speculate that MS threatened SS that night, that she had figured out that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I believe the friends were her grandmother and grandfather, that JS had committed a betrayal in permitting SS to return and MS had concluded that she could not place any faith in her mother when it came time to expose SS so she had to look to others. I think she threatened SS with going to her grandmother and/or grandfather, and SS recognized that his control had expired and his freedom at risk.
MS's disappointment about her birthday, the party's low attendance, the absence of both her mother and the expected cash gift, as well as the apparent and expanding division between MS and JS all played some role in events coming to a head but I believe there was a trigger that caused SS to take action at this point in time, that he did not set up the whole visit with the intent of killing MS. Her verbalized threat was that trigger.
All speculation and MOO.
Odeto…. Sadly this makes so much sense.

And reading it and reflecting on it, there IMO was only one adult in that household. One. A young one, and she had barely turned 13. I won’t speculate on the other two SS and JS at this time. So sad for this child. MOO

He was a predator and knew an easy target.

So you can create a circle/family of friends using "life360" and you can tell location of everyone thru out the day, regardless of Droid Vs iPhone. This makes it easier in our family since we can't agree on phone types.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
80schick
Back