Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"But because they lived thousands of miles away from Madeline and finances were tight, they rarely saw her."

Respectfully, I don't think MS was "very close" to either her dad or stepmom, regardless of what they may say now. MOO, YMMV, etc.

Edit: @Bounceycat this was meant to be a reply to you but I forgot to quote your post. Again, MOO, YMMV.

"But because they lived thousands of miles away from Madeline and finances were tight, they rarely saw her."

Respectfully, I don't think MS was "very close" to either her dad or stepmom, regardless of what they may say now. MOO, YMMV, etc.

Edit: @Bounceycat this was meant to be a reply to you but I forgot to quote your post. Again, MOO, YMMV.
I agree with you. I think that they lived their own lives and now are over stating how close they were to Madeline.

Of course I can't answer those questions and I'm unaware if anyone's even asked her.
Why she allowed what she allowed seems unthinkable in light of what happened, but clearly to her it was within bounds.
The how or the why, we cannot know, aside from speculating that SS was very good at making her feel comfortable allowing it. If it ever comes out that she was fully aware of the abuse, she deserves the same harsh penalty SS does.

Until then, I just feel sorry for her.
I don’t even accept the idea that a parent is only guilty if they had full awareness of what was going on. The risks to children in the company of non-related adults are well documented. JS, aware or not, accepted a level of risk when she: introduced her daughter to the predator, brought him home to live with them… and then SENT him to bed with her. I’m sorry but there is no way around this. Aware or not, she accepted a level of risk that lead to her daughter’s SA - repeatedly. Over several years. MOOOOOO

Last edited:
As a society, we need to stop minimizing what happened to Ms and kids like her!! The focus should never be on JS as a weak woman who was “gaslit” by someone else. JS is a grown woman. She held all the power and control in her relationship with her child. At every turn, JS made choices that impacted her child. At every turn, she chose poorly. That’s not his failing. That is hers. That doesn’t make him a successful master manipulator either. It makes her a grown woman who chose herself and her needs over her daughter.
Well stated! I completely agree. There is zero excuse that is acceptable for something so devastating that went on for YEARS. JS was unfit to parent. She failed. She should be facing her own charges. No excuse.

Actually, how is it mammals don’t get gaslit or manipulated by other animals?
I honestly don’t know what you’re asking here. Humans are mammals and animals. The only difference between an animal and a human is that humans are supposed to be more “evolved”. It makes one wonder sometimes which one IS more evolved. ;)

I honestly don’t know what you’re asking here. Humans are mammals and animals. The only difference between an animal and a human is that humans are supposed to be more “evolved”. It makes one wonder sometimes which one IS more evolved. ;)
I was just in full agreement with you that animals kill for their young. It is weird to me that we as humans are ok with minimizing when our kids are hurt with “they were gaslit” or “they were manipulated” - not directed at anyone here, just in general. I’m sorry but adults make choices that affect their kids. Sometimes, they make poor choices. That is on them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back