Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

8/21/24

Sources told Channel 9′s Shannon Butler that Jennifer Soto has done nothing criminal so far, so she will not face charges.

Channel 9 has obtained a video recording of Orange County Sheriff’s Office detectives interviewing Jennifer Soto at 11:30 p.m. Feb. 27 after her daughter was reported missing.

[..]

During the interview, Jennifer Soto’s answers were hard to come by as she told investigators that she had taken medicine and was a little spacey.

Deputies have not found any evidence to charge her at this time.

ETA: IMO, headline a bit misleading. Detectives don't make charging decisions -- the DA does on the totality of the evidence. Are they saying they've concluded the investigation?
Thanks for posting, I was just about to go look for this video, this is the news clip Vinni Politan is referring to.

I understand if there's no evidence to charge JS with murder but I can't believe JS will not independently face charges for child endangerment. That charge is directly connected to JS and only JS. This child was her ward and she was ultimately responsible for her, and failed her to the greatest degree. JMO

I understand if there's no evidence to charge JS with murder but I can't believe JS will not independently face charges for child endangerment. That charge is directly connected to JS and only JS. This child was her ward and she was ultimately responsible for her, and failed her to the greatest degree. JMO
I agree, I read through some of the CW laws, and it seems a lot hinges on it being a willful act, and shes claiming she had no prior knowledge,( so not willful or intentional?) IDK??

https://www.childwelfare.gov/resources/definitions-child-abuse-and-neglect-florida/#

Last edited:
even this one :
  • Negligently fails to protect a child in their care from inflicted physical, mental, or sexual injury caused by the acts of another. (They would argue what negligence is in this situation)

I agree, I read through some of the CW laws, and it seems a lot hinges on it being a willful act, and shes claiming she had no prior knowledge,( so not willful or intentional?) IDK??

https://www.childwelfare.gov/resources/definitions-child-abuse-and-neglect-florida/#

I suppose the DA is looking at JS as already having paid the ultimate price -- the death of her only child. Jurors don't like beating up a victim. And I suppose the DA needs JS as a witness so there's that...

ETA: But I also believe there's precedent for charging an individual for the common good-- to detour future similar behavior by the public. In other words, a wake up call for mothers and fathers who put their need for companionship ahead of the safety of their child. We all know of countless cases of women putting their boyfriend ahead of their child, and the child now dead. MOO

I agree , you have to maintain the publics faith in the justice system, but how do you prove what someone knew? not what they should have known. She must not be giving them anything that would indicate prior knowledge. and there is this "when the parent or caregiver has been determined to lack the protective capacity to safely care for the child" but even then she arranged for care when she called Stephan and asked for help ( part 2 interview). not to mention determined by who? likely a dr, 2 long shots ( this one and the negligence one) and both miss.

I am not sure whether I am more upset with FL investigators or JS at this latest information, or both. SMH.

Surely there are some federal or Florida state charges that apply to the actions (or inactions!) that resulted in the death of MS.

I hope that some investigative journalists bore in on this. Statutes such as the following should be examined for possible relevance:

Florida - Child Neglect and Aggravated Child Neglect - Florida Statutes 827.03(2)(d) & 827.03(2)(b) (Child neglect can be from one instance of neglect or from multiple instances that could have resulted in the serious physical or mental injury or a substantial risk of death to a child.)
Possible Federal charges - 18 USC § 2241 is a federal law that criminalizes the offense of sexual abuse. It prohibits using force, threats, or coercion to engage in or commit a sexual act with another person. It also prohibits sexual abuse of a minor or someone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to consent

Perhaps the revelation of the latest in this case may cause others to come forward with more information. It is hard not to think of dear poor MS and what led to her unnecessary and IMO preventable death. IANAL. MOO

8/21/24

Sources told Channel 9′s Shannon Butler that Jennifer Soto has done nothing criminal so far, so she will not face charges.

Channel 9 has obtained a video recording of Orange County Sheriff’s Office detectives interviewing Jennifer Soto at 11:30 p.m. Feb. 27 after her daughter was reported missing.

[..]

During the interview, Jennifer Soto’s answers were hard to come by as she told investigators that she had taken medicine and was a little spacey.

Deputies have not found any evidence to charge her at this time.

ETA: IMO, headline a bit misleading. Detectives don't make charging decisions -- the DA does on the totality of the evidence. Are they saying they've concluded the investigation?
Also from the video you posted starting at 1:38 answers a few of our questions -

"She said they have 2 roommates and another child that sleeps there sometimes".

I am not sure whether I am more upset with FL investigators or JS at this latest information, or both. SMH.

Surely there are some federal or Florida state charges that apply to the actions (or inactions!) that resulted in the death of MS.

I hope that some investigative journalists bore in on this. Statutes such as the following should be examined for possible relevance:

Florida - Child Neglect and Aggravated Child Neglect - Florida Statutes 827.03(2)(d) & 827.03(2)(b) (Child neglect can be from one instance of neglect or from multiple instances that could have resulted in the serious physical or mental injury or a substantial risk of death to a child.)
Possible Federal charges - 18 USC § 2241 is a federal law that criminalizes the offense of sexual abuse. It prohibits using force, threats, or coercion to engage in or commit a sexual act with another person. It also prohibits sexual abuse of a minor or someone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to consent

Perhaps the revelation of the latest in this case may cause others to come forward with more information. It is hard not to think of dear poor MS and what led to her unnecessary and IMO preventable death. IANAL. MOO
What do they do about these types of situations, where a child is being abused in the home , (if many kids dont tell) and the other parent has no knowledge ( allegedly) how do you protect them?

I suppose the DA is looking at JS as already having paid the ultimate price -- the death of her only child. Jurors don't like beating up a victim. And I suppose the DA needs JS as a witness so there's that...
Shortened and bolded for focus.

I don't know... to me, it would be one thing if it was going on behind her back and she NEVER sent them off to bed together, or even allowed it had SS suggested it. But she not only allowed it, she said "Go sleep (together) in room 4". It makes me wonder how long that had been going on because I doubt it was just recent. Was Maddie also 8? 9? 10 when sleeping alone with SS to "cuddle"? The whole thing is sickening. :mad:

Last edited:
What do they do about these types of situations, where a child is being abused in the home , (if many kids dont tell) and the other parent has no knowledge ( allegedly) how do you protect them?
For starters? You try to protect the child by NOT sending them upstairs to sleep together! So sending a child to go sleep in the same bed with some guy isn't protecting them IMO. But not sure how the law interprets that.

I think what happened here is different. IMO, sending your preteen child to sleep with mother's boyfriend, so mother can get better nights rest, is as good as feeding a child to the wolves, prostituting a child, endangering a child!

MS was a minor, she couldn't consent to being kicked out of mom's bed anymore than she could consent to being SA.

When does common sense prevail? SMH..

I see some YouTubers have (allegedly) gotten a hold of additional public records that I think might have come from the Osceola County Sheriff's Department, so I put in a request there today. Part of it is (alleged to be) audio, so I'm trying to think if there is any good way to host and share audio on WS. Anyone have ideas? I don't particularly want to, but I might be crazy enough to transcribe it if I can't find a solution.

I don't watch true crime YouTubers so I'm not familiar with who is WS-approved or not, but I'm guessing someone who is approved will have it soon enough, if they don't already.
Osceola County Sheriff's Department closed my request saying that all files were sent to Kissimmee PD since they were the ones investigating. I put in a request with Kissimmee PD and did not get any audio files of police interviews back. I see that WFTV article includes some of an interview with JS that I don't think I heard before, so I might request again and try being more specific about asking for interviews. I'll still only bother if they're free though.

I did, however, get two PDFs from Kissimmee PD, about 50 pages each. A lot of it looks like some of the same reports that were received by the State Attorney discovery dumps, but not all of it. And at a glance it looks less redacted (specifically for names) than the discovery dump. I'll work on uploading to Scribd.

For starters? You try to protect the child by NOT sending them upstairs to sleep together! So sending a child to go sleep in the same bed with some guy isn't protecting them IMO. But not sure how the law interprets that.
I agree, but if you do it at home and noone knows nothing will happen. if it ever came out they'd have to prove you knew she was at risk, it's not enough that it is so glaringly inappropriate.
I think thats the fine line, but I get you, that's your first clue even then people would argue that also, ( its her dad etc ) you cant win.

I think what happened here is different. IMO, sending your preteen child to sleep with mother's boyfriend, so mother can get better nights rest, is as good as feeding a child to the wolves, prostituting a child, endangering a child!

MS was a minor, she couldn't consent to being kicked out of mom's bed anymore than she could consent to being SA.

When does common sense prevail? SMH..
I hear ya, common sense is not that common I guess. I mean it's an absolute no brainer, I feel like she did whatever was easiest for her, she didnt really consider anyone else.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don’t have an answer or idea for that theory. And IANAL so not sure where intent or simple neglect or error or inappropriate behavior results in a reprehensible act. And on apparently multiple occasions.

And AFAIK it hasn’t been disclosed whether the other or biological parent had no knowledge. I’ve not tried to catch up on all of the disclosures today. But it IMO was not appropriate for an individual (JS) to send her young innocent daughter to ‘sleep’ in a bed with what some say was a non-relative and even perhaps estranged boyfriend. And now that young innocent child, her daughter, is dead having been unalived by a supposed ‘boyfriend’. And IIRC she did that so that she (JS) could get a good night of sleep. Astounding and simply SMH.

One way a parent could protect their child, would not be to send them into a bed with another individual - and certainly not with an individual that they didn’t apparently know.

As a parent of two young daughters, IMO I am not able to defend the happenings in that household. None of them. None aside from those of the now deceased MS. IMO she is the only true victim here. MOO

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer or idea for that theory. And IANAL so not sure where intent or simple neglect or error or inappropriate behavior results in a reprehensible act. And on apparently multiple occasions.

And AFAIK it hasn’t been disclosed whether the other or biological parent had no knowledge. I’ve not tried to catch up on all of the disclosures today. But it IMO was not appropriate for an individual (JS) to send her young innocent daughter to ‘sleep’ in a bed with what some say was a non-relative and even perhaps estranged boyfriend. And now that young innocent child, her daughter, is dead having been unalived by a supposed ‘boyfriend’. And IIRC she did that so that she (JS) could get a good night of sleep. Astounding and simply SMH.

One way a parent could protect their child, would not be to send them into a bed with another individual - and certainly not with an individual that they didn’t apparently know.

As a parent of two young daughters, IMO I am not able to defend the happenings in that household. None of them. None aside from those of the now deceased MS. IMO she is the only true victim here. MOO
I'm glad you brought up MS paternal father and step-mother. IMO, they are probably the most likely to prevail in any wrongful death suit against SS.

While I've opined from the beginning there is something off about JS, I don't believe the defect prevented her from having custody of her child. No confirmation to my knowledge JS was ever investigated by child services.

Whether or not endangering MS falls within the criminal statue of Florida, I trust the majority know this (sleeping arrangement) was not a wise decision. MOO

Last edited:

I agree 100%. I'd feel uncomfortable sending my kid to the store with a male friend let alone to bed. Im just saying that today theyre saying they wont be charging her because they have nothing they can charge her with or however they explain it, when I was reading the child welfare laws it seems that you have to prove she knowingly put her at risk, and sounds like they cant prove jenn knew anything, at least this is whats coming out today,

Last edited:
"Sources told Channel 9′s Shannon Butler that Jennifer Soto has done nothing criminal so far, so she will not face charges. ... Deputies have not found any evidence to charge her at this time." Madeline Soto case: Police have no plans to charge Jennifer Soto, sources say

I'm glad to hear there isn't any evidence she knew, she facilitated, she allowed, she offered up, and all the other awful things folks have accused her of.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenitsa
Back