Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No idea the answer to your first question (ETA: why she came across as she did during interviews) but maybe she is so genuinely shocked and horrified by finding out by whom and how her daughter died that she can't really function?

I am very interested in knowing what this is, so if anyone knows, please let me know. (Unless you are thinking of "selective mutism?" But I thought that was that under stress, or in certain places such as at school, someone can't talk at all, or can barely talk?) ETA: And although understandably nervous, she was able to form sentences, etc. IMO.
I agree with the point you make. Except the interviews I refer too, are prior to her knowledge of his arrest.

One thing I didn’t consider is her use of prescription meds. Someone pointed that out in another post. Maybe she was heavily self-medicating, so she doesn’t really remember what was happening and felt the need to cover that up by lying. As others have pointed out, there are many inconsistencies in what she offered up.

No idea the answer to your first question (ETA: why she came across as she did during interviews) but maybe she is so genuinely shocked and horrified by finding out by whom and how her daughter died that she can't really function?

I am very interested in knowing what this is, so if anyone knows, please let me know. (Unless you are thinking of "selective mutism?" But I thought that was that under stress, or in certain places such as at school, someone can't talk at all, or can barely talk?) ETA: And although understandably nervous, she was able to form sentences, etc. IMO.
Apraxia?

Edit: apraxia of speech would be trouble speaking due to trouble with the motor control aspect of speaking.

I think what you described would be more like aphasia.

I think with Jen though it’s likely not aphasia but maybe a more subtle speech pattern difference related to anxiety, potential ADHD/ASD (bc if Maddie had them or traits then it’d be likely Jen would or would have traits too), and being bilingual, like speaking English with Spanish speech patterns or using words the way they would more likely be used in Spanish.

Last edited:
Thank you @Pruddennce.

Right around the 38:00 mark, the cop asks her what the rest of her day looked like after her "blood appointment" from which she arrived home at 11:15 or 11:30. She answers, "I just waited. I waited for the rest of the day until 2:30 to leave for the car line".
IMO she didn't "just wait" for ~3 hrs when it was time to pick up Maddie. No one "just waits". You DO something while you're waiting, even if it's just painting your toenails or sweeping cobwebs off the ceiling.

Well, respectfully, everybody knows that seen and heard are two entirely different words that do not mean the same thing. They are not synonymous. So it's not nit picking or excessive IMO. If you put yourself in the exact situation and your daughter was missing, I would imagine getting the facts right would be essential to most anyone. She didn't see her daughter that morning. It was a lie, not a mix up of words. She didn't see anybody that morning in fact. She even says she saw SS when he came into the bedroom. But how could he have come in the bedroom at 08:00 when his car was captured out driving around? So many discrepancies. Such a calm mother giving her stories.
MOO.
exactly. but Im still stuck on JS and her account of the nite. IMO, she never saw Madeline when she got home from work at 10:30pm. IMO, Madeline was already in Room #4.

JS and SS were exchanging texts at 11:39pm and other texts were mentioned but not shown, one being that SS gave her an additional 'dose' when it was not necessary. IMO, Madeline's phone movement was not her handling it that nite. IMO, he needed to see any activity that might come through... in the morning, he took her phone off the charger at 7:05am and turned it off at 7:16am. and handled it again at 10:55am.

LE identified 8:30pm 2/25, the time her aunt dropped her off, as the beginning timeframe they looked at via Madeline's phone, with a period up to 4pm on the 26th. but there is no movement on her phone registered until 10:09pm, 9 steps taken. 11:19pm 31 steps, then on the charger at 11:38pm, obviously charged in Room #4. I dont recall if there is any info about her having or not having her phone at the party, but its clear there are no steps as in walking in the home at 8:30pm.

JS clearly states arrangements were made that nite for SS to take her to school in the morning, and then sprinkle in the EARLY McDonald's breakfast story she claimed she knew ahead of time was the 'plan'. yet she says 'she doesnt remember' if she told Madeline SHE was picking her up from school.

IMO, SS filled in the happyhappy Madeline evening story for her to repeat, then the 'singing and watching a movie story', similar to the entire we we we drive to school story.

Apraxia?

Edit: apraxia of speech would be trouble speaking due to trouble with the motor control aspect of speaking.

I think what you described would be more like aphasia.

I think with Jen though it’s likely not aphasia but maybe a more subtle speech pattern difference related to anxiety, potential ADHD/ASD (bc if Maddie had them or traits then it’d be likely Jen would or would have traits too), and being bilingual, like speaking English with Spanish speech patterns or using words the way they would more likely be used in Spanish.
how about JS's chosen words, when she realizes she has to correct something she said, by saying JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING. <--------????????

how about JS's chosen words, when she realizes she has to correct something she said, by saying JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING. <--------????????

I worked with a woman who used "just kidding" in that way so I'm familiar with it. It's quite jarring to hear JS say it considering the circumstances, but if she normally uses it that way then she probably said it out of habit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases
Back