Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea the answer to your first question (ETA: why she came across as she did during interviews) but maybe she is so genuinely shocked and horrified by finding out by whom and how her daughter died that she can't really function?

I am very interested in knowing what this is, so if anyone knows, please let me know. (Unless you are thinking of "selective mutism?" But I thought that was that under stress, or in certain places such as at school, someone can't talk at all, or can barely talk?) ETA: And although understandably nervous, she was able to form sentences, etc. IMO.
I agree with the point you make. Except the interviews I refer too, are prior to her knowledge of his arrest.

One thing I didn’t consider is her use of prescription meds. Someone pointed that out in another post. Maybe she was heavily self-medicating, so she doesn’t really remember what was happening and felt the need to cover that up by lying. As others have pointed out, there are many inconsistencies in what she offered up.

No idea the answer to your first question (ETA: why she came across as she did during interviews) but maybe she is so genuinely shocked and horrified by finding out by whom and how her daughter died that she can't really function?

I am very interested in knowing what this is, so if anyone knows, please let me know. (Unless you are thinking of "selective mutism?" But I thought that was that under stress, or in certain places such as at school, someone can't talk at all, or can barely talk?) ETA: And although understandably nervous, she was able to form sentences, etc. IMO.
<modsnip: diagnosing>

I think with Jen though it’s <modsnip> a more subtle speech pattern difference related to anxiety, potential ADHD/ASD (bc if Maddie had them or traits then it’d be likely Jen would or would have traits too), and being bilingual, like speaking English with Spanish speech patterns or using words the way they would more likely be used in Spanish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @Pruddennce.

Right around the 38:00 mark, the cop asks her what the rest of her day looked like after her "blood appointment" from which she arrived home at 11:15 or 11:30. She answers, "I just waited. I waited for the rest of the day until 2:30 to leave for the car line".
IMO she didn't "just wait" for ~3 hrs when it was time to pick up Maddie. No one "just waits". You DO something while you're waiting, even if it's just painting your toenails or sweeping cobwebs off the ceiling.

Well, respectfully, everybody knows that seen and heard are two entirely different words that do not mean the same thing. They are not synonymous. So it's not nit picking or excessive IMO. If you put yourself in the exact situation and your daughter was missing, I would imagine getting the facts right would be essential to most anyone. She didn't see her daughter that morning. It was a lie, not a mix up of words. She didn't see anybody that morning in fact. She even says she saw SS when he came into the bedroom. But how could he have come in the bedroom at 08:00 when his car was captured out driving around? So many discrepancies. Such a calm mother giving her stories.
MOO.
exactly. but Im still stuck on JS and her account of the nite. IMO, she never saw Madeline when she got home from work at 10:30pm. IMO, Madeline was already in Room #4.

JS and SS were exchanging texts at 11:39pm and other texts were mentioned but not shown, one being that SS gave her an additional 'dose' when it was not necessary. IMO, Madeline's phone movement was not her handling it that nite. IMO, he needed to see any activity that might come through... in the morning, he took her phone off the charger at 7:05am and turned it off at 7:16am. and handled it again at 10:55am.

LE identified 8:30pm 2/25, the time her aunt dropped her off, as the beginning timeframe they looked at via Madeline's phone, with a period up to 4pm on the 26th. but there is no movement on her phone registered until 10:09pm, 9 steps taken. 11:19pm 31 steps, then on the charger at 11:38pm, obviously charged in Room #4. I dont recall if there is any info about her having or not having her phone at the party, but its clear there are no steps as in walking in the home at 8:30pm.

JS clearly states arrangements were made that nite for SS to take her to school in the morning, and then sprinkle in the EARLY McDonald's breakfast story she claimed she knew ahead of time was the 'plan'. yet she says 'she doesnt remember' if she told Madeline SHE was picking her up from school.

IMO, SS filled in the happyhappy Madeline evening story for her to repeat, then the 'singing and watching a movie story', similar to the entire we we we drive to school story.

Apraxia?

<modsnip: diagnosing>

I think with Jen though it’s <modsnip> a more subtle speech pattern difference related to anxiety, potential ADHD/ASD (bc if Maddie had them or traits then it’d be likely Jen would or would have traits too), and being bilingual, like speaking English with Spanish speech patterns or using words the way they would more likely be used in Spanish.
how about JS's chosen words, when she realizes she has to correct something she said, by saying JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING. <--------????????

Last edited by a moderator:
how about JS's chosen words, when she realizes she has to correct something she said, by saying JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING. <--------????????

I worked with a woman who used "just kidding" in that way so I'm familiar with it. It's quite jarring to hear JS say it considering the circumstances, but if she normally uses it that way then she probably said it out of habit.

IMO she didn't "just wait" for ~3 hrs when it was time to pick up Maddie. No one "just waits". You DO something while you're waiting, even if it's just painting your toenails or sweeping cobwebs off the ceiling.
JS, the queen of waiting....and sleeping... waits over an hour in a car line, Madeline doesnt come out...she leaves.

so she WAITS again by parking her car with a view towards a walkway Madeline might use to walk to her gm's place of business...

and she WAITS again at home while everyone is out searching.

then add in SS's first account of coming back from the vape shop and it was closed ...at 10:15 he came home. he claims JS was SLEEPING IN and she was just waking up. and hung out with her. then he went out again when the vape shop opened and she wanted to take another nap and he ran his errands around noon.

but she claims her appointment was at 10:15am and got home between 11 and 11:30. but when she gave that account, it was the longest pause to back into the times she provided regarding that morning.

he gave this account 2x regarding JS in the home that morning at 10:15am. but the third time, he says to the other detective, 'he thinks she was here when he returned, but she had a blood appt he says, he wants to check, they said they will ask her, but he continues to say, yes she had to be here because she was sleeping in as much as possible. Im sure LE knows....I would just like to hear it! I seem to recall she supposedly had 2 appts that day but cancelled one? does anyone remember that?

its interesting to me to go back to his initial interview and hear his answers. and how additional details kind of emerged between them. him, a VERY EARLY BUSY MORNING AND AFTERNOON (we know why)...JS, I wouldnt be surprised if yet another change is made to her sunday evening story and its yet to be released.

this has probably been covered but I haven't followed this one super closely I was just wondering if Jen already knew that Maddie left her phone at home that day? I probably missed it somewhere in the body cam or interviews but did she say if she ever tried to call Maddie's phone when she didn't come out of the school and if not was it because she already knew she left it at home, or because she just thought Maddie usually forgets it so she probably doesn't have it?

Seems like a long time to wait to pick somebody up and then just drive off to grandmas work to see if she went there.

this has probably been covered but I haven't followed this one super closely I was just wondering if Jen already knew that Maddie left her phone at home that day? I probably missed it somewhere in the body cam or interviews but did she say if she ever tried to call Maddie's phone when she didn't come out of the school and if not was it because she already knew she left it at home, or because she just thought Maddie usually forgets it so she probably doesn't have it?

Seems like a long time to wait to pick somebody up and then just drive off to grandmas work to see if she went there.

I've listened to the audio of the interviews between JS and LE more than once, and I am 100% certain she never is asked, or reveals, when she realized Maddie had forgotten her phone.

Of course, Maddie didn't forget her phone because she never left the house alive that morning.

No idea when either JS realized her phone was at home.

From 2/27 JS interview (Pg 33 of 896 data dump):

I asked JS where Maddie’s phone was at the time she had gone to pick up Maddie, to which she stated she had taken it with her when she went to pick her up from school. JS advised when Maddie forgot her phone, she would bring it to her when she would pick her up. JS tried to look through Maddie’s phone while waiting for the police, however, she was in a panic and handed the phone to her sister and niece.

Pg 200 of 896 data dump:

They (JS & SS) stated that Maddie forgot her phone at home, and that Madeline has ADHD and is usually forgetful. They stated that Maddie did not take any personal items or leave any notes hinting to her running away. They stated they have not had any recent arguments. JS and I looked through Maddie's cellphone, including her recently deleted messages, which did not contain anything suspicious or hinting to her wanting to run away. There was a text message Maddie sent to a friend, stating when she turns 18years old, she wants to live in the woods.

Snipped for focus

I find it really difficult to believe she was shocked and horrified because after she learned SS had CSAM of him and Maddie on his phone, JS called SS's dad and said he needed a lawyer.

AND she continued to stick by SS.

JS did say in one of the interviews that Maddie forgot her phone at home "because she has ADHD". JS also said that she brought the phone with her to the school because she was going to give it to her there. I'm sorry I don't recall in which interview this was stated but it was one with a male cop.
MOO.
ETA: I believe it was somewhere in this video that was posted up thread.

Last edited:
Snipped for focus

I find it really difficult to believe she was shocked and horrified because after she learned SS had CSAM of him and Maddie on his phone, JS called SS's dad and said he needed a lawyer.

AND she continued to stick by SS.
My daughter has been SA for 2 years and there are photos to prove it.
I'm livid.
I better call the abuser's father and tell him to get a lawyer for hurting my daughter.

Not in the real world.
Moo.

JS, the queen of waiting....and sleeping... waits over an hour in a car line, Madeline doesnt come out...she leaves.

so she WAITS again by parking her car with a view towards a walkway Madeline might use to walk to her gm's place of business...

and she WAITS again at home while everyone is out searching.

then add in SS's first account of coming back from the vape shop and it was closed ...at 10:15 he came home. he claims JS was SLEEPING IN and she was just waking up. and hung out with her. then he went out again when the vape shop opened and she wanted to take another nap and he ran his errands around noon.

but she claims her appointment was at 10:15am and got home between 11 and 11:30. but when she gave that account, it was the longest pause to back into the times she provided regarding that morning.

he gave this account 2x regarding JS in the home that morning at 10:15am. but the third time, he says to the other detective, 'he thinks she was here when he returned, but she had a blood appt he says, he wants to check, they said they will ask her, but he continues to say, yes she had to be here because she was sleeping in as much as possible. Im sure LE knows....I would just like to hear it! I seem to recall she supposedly had 2 appts that day but cancelled one? does anyone remember that?

its interesting to me to go back to his initial interview and hear his answers. and how additional details kind of emerged between them. him, a VERY EARLY BUSY MORNING AND AFTERNOON (we know why)...JS, I wouldnt be surprised if yet another change is made to her sunday evening story and its yet to be released.

I suspect both of them were on so much medication (and are both liars) that neither one of them is believable in what they claimed. MOO.

Attachments

• 02-26-24 JS appt.png
    02-26-24 JS appt.png
    628.3 KB · Views: 37
Where did she say JUST KIDDING? I missed that.

Around the 4:33 mark, from an interview with Maira Tagler

Begin interview at 4:13:27:
Today's date is February 27th 2024 the time is 2332 hours going to speak with Jennifer Soto. Hey, Jennifer I haven't introduce myself my name is Maira Tagler I'm a detective with the Sheriff's Office.

Later on in the audio, just kidding response:
Det MT: What time did the police take her phone?
JS: Oh, just kidding, just kidding yeah they they took it they took it I don't have it anymore.

ETA: To add time stamp where interview with JS begins.

Last edited:
Around the 4:33 mark, from an interview with Maira Tagler

Begin interview:
Today's date is February 27th 2024 the time is 2332 hours going to speak with Jennifer Soto. Hey, Jennifer I haven't introduce myself my name is Maira Tagler I'm a detective with the Sheriff's Office.

Later on in the audio, just kidding resonse:
Det MT: What time did the police take her phone?
JS: Oh, just kidding, just kidding yeah they they took it they took it I don't have it anymore.
Thank you @redpill. What a weird thing to say. And shortly after, when the female cop if SS had access to Maddie's phone the next day, JS stalled and stuttered and then said she had accessed it, almost as if she was protecting him (again!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop