Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
responding respectfully to: "To be fair it is not that uncommon teenagers and girls who recently started their period, like those between 11-12 years old, may miss a period because their hormones and cycles are still regulating themselves and have not yet adjusted to the regular every 28-31 days that we are taught to expect."

absolutely agree with you about regulation of monthlies at that age.

however, the contradiction is: JS answers she did not notice anything about Madeline menstruating via use of feminine products (or not using) 'until AFTER everything happened' (missing/death). she should have ended her response there but she chose to punctuate her response with an explanation designed for a 'yes' answer. how can she say she thought this was one of those situations again (which is why she wouldnt be concerned or bring it up with Madeline) when she didnt realize it until after she is missing/deceased?

IMO, that is a big reveal to me that she felt the need to throw in the irregularity of Madeline as to what would NOT prompt her to be concerned OR discuss with Madeline. IMO, she knew, spoke with Madeline and it relates to her death.
That’s a good point. I think I misinterpreted what JS meant.

I thought she indicated she noticed that Maddie’s period was late since it was supposed to start at the beginning of the month of February but because Maddie’s period is sometimes late or skips she didn’t worry too much about it. However, unfortunately she lost track of time and unfortunately by the time she realizes that Maddie still never got her period, or at least not by February 26th, her daughter had been been declared missing and then murdered. In other words I thought she was implying that she didn’t even notice Maddie’s period skipped the month until a few weeks after her Maddie’s life was cruelly taken from her.

It is pretty mind-blowing and discouraging to think that in the past 5 years she was likely not getting the proper medical and mental health care services that she needed to secure her health and safety and screen and prevent the development of short and long-term harmful effects as a result of rape, sexual assault and the invasion of one’s sense of home, privacy and willpower over their own bodies.

However, one thing I do find interesting is that Maddie’s best friend said that their periods always synced up to the point she could verify for a fact that Maddie got her period in January. That plus the constipation, possible melena or anal bleeding and impaction she suffered in the wake of an aggressive and forceful predator who has imposed anal sex on both her and another women does make me wonder if Maddie’s symptoms, including the amenorrhea, could have unfortunately been caused by an sexual-health based illness or disorder, such as PID, anal fissures, or HPV, that can be linked to SS’ chronic sexual assault?

I do sincerely hope that Maddie’s story is recognized, her loved ones can get justice and that advocating for her and what she has gone through can improve screening at school, doctor offices and in sports so that we can better screen and reach other minors who, like Maddie, needed someone to listen or notice them too and have the power or authority to bypass their parents or guardians when they are part of the problem or the reason why their stuck in unsafe or harmful situations/conditions too.

JS can remember that she ate a pub sub, whatever that is, but she can't remember what Maddie was wearing that night.

The last night she saw her daughter alive presumably, she remembers what she ate but not what her daughter was wearing.

SMH
Speaks volumes doesn’t it?

Speaks volumes doesn’t it?

Especially now that she knows the circumstances of what SS did that day, you'd think she'd have gone over and over in her mind what she remembered that last night.

If she didn't have guilty knowledge, of course.

"What was she wearing the last time you saw her?" should be an easy question for an innocent parent of a missing child to answer.

Based on JS response to the sleepover question… “because I know what can happen” sounds to me that she was victimized at a sleepover. MOO

I have a friend that was raped by her friends brother at a sleepover when she was younger, and after I heard her story (when I was pregnant with my first) I decided right then that my kids would never go to sleepover. I would be devastated if god forbid something ever happened to my daughter and I would be villainized for not allowing sleepovers. I genuinely don’t believe anything sinister on JS not allowed Maddie to attend one.

YT Transcript from JS investigative 4/18/24 interview via subpoena with DUI and her lawyer present:

Kissimmee Detectives
Jennifer Soto

54:11
say may have been concerns over that okay now June 16th of last year at 9:30
54:17
p.m. and 27 seconds you texted Stefan this madd's no longer sleeping with me I
54:23
can't risk it what does that mean
54:36
I have no idea how often was Maddie sleeping with
54:43
you often all the time well you keep on saying often versus all the time was it 100% of the time or not 100% of the time
54:50
if she wasn't if she wasn't with my mom and she was with me then yeah she was scking [sleeping] with me and if she's at mom she's

MS was killed on Feb 26, and her body was later recovered on March 1.

IMO, there is no variation in JS tone, affect, demeanor in the interview held on April 18 at the PD than her previous interviews when she first reported MS missing.

Her only child was murdered about 6 weeks earlier by her lover/bff but you'd never know this simply by listening....

JS confirms she had broken up with SS, he moved away, and she was seeing other people but was still keeping in touch with SS and encouraging his visits. She also tells LE that at the time of MS death, she was discussing living with SS again for 'companionship' because they are best friends.

In other words, I think what JS was saying is that she needed her babysitter-- which among the things he's been indicted for, this was essentially the role that SS played in JS/MS life since she was age 8.

I don't believe JS ever lived alone with MS! Her dad helped her since MS's birth and when grandpa left for his home country, SS was already living in the Soto residence.

Specific to the highlighted questions by LE regarding a text JS sent to SS last June 16, 2023 at 9:30 pm, I believe JS was complaining that she could not sleep with MS, the monkey in bed per JS, and what she could not risk was missing her beauty sleep. (Could not function at work, etc., if she had disturbed sleep).

JS told LE that that she plays a YT rain video while she sleeps. She sleeps through the night without waking,

IMO, JS medicates to sleep and would rather not sleep with MS in her King size bed.

MOO

Based on JS response to the sleepover question… “because I know what can happen” sounds to me that she was victimized at a sleepover. MOO

I have a friend that was raped by her friends brother at a sleepover when she was younger, and after I heard her story (when I was pregnant with my first) I decided right then that my kids would never go to sleepover. I would be devastated if god forbid something ever happened to my daughter and I would be villainized for not allowing sleepovers. I genuinely don’t believe anything sinister on JS not allowed Maddie to attend one.

So she's aware of what can happen at a sleepover, but she's just fine sending her daughter to sleep with a grown man that she's not related to.

Here is the audio only of the recently released interview with JS.

Wow, that was something.

I need time to process all of that, but a couple of questions on my mind:

* Why in the world is Jen tracking the menstrual cycle of her 12yo?

* Where is Maddie's birthday money? The references to Maddie's Christmas money going missing and then being found was odd considering Jen mentioned they counted Maddie's birthday money all together that evening in the bedroom.

IDK. My mind is reeling from that interview. Poor Maddie.

jmo

JS was given Derivative Use Immunity (DUI)...

Proffer and Derivative Use Immunity​

When someone finds themselves under criminal investigation or charged with a crime, they will face several extremely important decisions. In some cases, a combination of factors could lead the person to consider whether some form of cooperation with the prosecution might be the most beneficial road for them to take. In these relatively rare cases, an experienced criminal defense lawyer can guide their client through a procedure called a “proffer meeting” during which the client will be granted “use and derivative use immunity.”

Use Immunity v. Derivative Use Immunity v. Transactional Immunity

The three types of immunity that could be extended to a cooperating witness are use immunity, derivative use immunity, and transactional immunity. The differences between them are significant and misunderstanding which immunity is granted can lead to catastrophic consequences for the cooperative person.

Use Immunity: Use immunity means that the government cannot use the statements or evidence provided by the proffer witness against that person in a prosecution. However, the government may use the statements of the witness to investigate new leads and develop new evidence against the witness. Under simple use immunity, the government could use the new evidence “derived” from the evidence given by witness against that same witness. As long as the government didn’t use the witness’s direct statements or evidence against them, it will not have violated the immunity agreement.

Derivative Use Immunity: The better, more extensive immunity is called “derivative use immunity” because it prevents the government from using not only the witness’s direct statements and evidence against them, but it also protects the witness from any evidence derived through additional investigation based on the witness’s proffered information. It guards individuals from the “derivative use” of the information they share during a proffer session.

Of course, neither use immunity nor derivative use immunity prevents the government from using evidence against the witness that was derived from entirely independent sources and investigation. While the witness’s cooperation would be considered mitigating and perhaps reduce the length and nature of their ultimate sentence, they might still be prosecuted.

Transactional Immunity: The best and fullest level of immunity the government can grant is called “transactional immunity.” This means the government is barred from bringing any criminal prosecution against the witness involving a specified course of criminal conduct. For example, if a seventy-year-old shop keeper was beaten by one of three men robbing a store, possible charges could include robbery, conspiracy to rob, assault with intent to rob, and assault on a person over 65, among others.

With transactional immunity, a cooperating witness would be protected from any and all criminal charges arising out of that robbery “transaction.”

Proffer & DUI

Especially now that she knows the circumstances of what SS did that day, you'd think she'd have gone over and over in her mind what she remembered that last night.

If she didn't have guilty knowledge, of course.

"What was she wearing the last time you saw her?" should be an easy question for an innocent parent of a missing child to answer.
first time she asked during this interview, she doesnt know what madeline or stephan were wearing. further into the interview she is asked again and she says....."madeline would have been in pajamas'. and says she cant remember which ones. IMO, she never saw Madeline that nite.

Last edited:
Snipped for focus

I really can't understand why JS would be needed as a witness against SS. There is video evidence of him driving around with poor Maddie's deceased body in his car, for crying out loud.

That along with the images of him abusing poor Maddie that were found on his phone create a strong circumstantial case, IMO.

IANAL though.

I think it's safe to say that SS's defense strategy is likely going to be SODDI and the third party they will likely point toward is JS.

To get ahead of the defense, the DA already knows that JS was less than truthful with LE in her earlier interviews. If we found the discrepancies -- you know LE did too. At a minimum, JS could be charged with a misdemeanor for inconsistencies during the investigation.

The State does not want to be in the position of JS being deposed or called as a defense witness where the obvious question before the minds of the jury will be to wonder why the witness, mother of the child, was not prosecuted for lying to police during the investigation.

Granting JS Definitive Use Immunity is also known as the State making a deal with the devil to protect the State's prosecution and conviction of SS for murdering MS.

In other words, if the State doesn't call JS as their witness, the defense certainly will and by giving JS Definitive Use Immunity, they gave her a clean slate, a do-over, to get her answers right this time. Answers that do not align with SS's answers as they did during the missing person investigation. JMO

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that SS's defense strategy is likely going going to be SODDI and the third party they will likely point towards is JS.

To get ahead of the defense, the DA already knows that JS was less than truthful with LE in her earlier interviews. If we found the discrepancies -- you know LE did too. At a minimum, JS could be charged with a misdemeanor for inconsistencies during the investigation.

The State does not want to be in the position of JS being deposed or called as a defense witness where the obvious question before the minds of the jury will be to wonder why the witness, mother of the child, was not prosecuted for lying to police during the investigation.

Granting JS Definitive Use Immunity is also known as the State making a deal with the devil to protect the State's prosecution and ultimately convict SS for murdering MS.

In other words, if the State doesn't call JS as their witness, the defense certainly will and by giving JS Definitive Use Immunity, they gave her a clean slate, a do-over, to get her answers right this time. Answers that do not align with SS's answers as they did during the missing person investigation. JMO

Thank you. Agreed. But IMO JS completely failed her do-over.

It's even occurred to me that maybe she's okay with the defense pointing to her as the murderer, as long as that helps protect her "best friend" SS.

I really hope that idea is just a product of my heat-addled brain.

first time she asked during this interview, she doesnt know what madeline or stephan were wearing. further into the interview she is asked again and she says....."madeline would have been in pajamas'. and says she cant remember which ones. IMO, she never saw Madeline that nite.
That could be. I'm stuck on her talking about counting Maddie's birthday money together on the bed that evening - maybe she said that because she didn't talk to Maddie at all about any gifts she actually received because she didn't see her that night.

Is Jen trying to get by with describing "birthday money" instead of admitting she doesn't know what gifts her daughter received because she didn't talk to her?

jmo

edited to clarify

Last edited:
JS arrives home, has a sandwich 'waiting for her' she says and eats it in her bedroom. 'everyone is in her room' (SS and Madeline). interview is filled with I dont remember, I dont know and ummmmms, but can still answer all questions related to SS and what 'he told her' about that morning and day. she cant remember anything specific to Madeline from her own ears and eyes....except this: Madeline showed her gifts/and talked about it for 30 minutes and never saw Madeline again.

and the story changed again, she does not know when SS arrived after her sister dropped off Madeline<-----really?

JS arrives home, has a sandwich 'waiting for her' she says and eats it in her bedroom. 'everyone is in her room' (SS and Madeline). interview is filled with I dont remember, I dont know and ummmmms, but can still answer all questions related to SS and what 'he told her' about that morning and day. she cant remember anything specific to Madeline from her own ears and eyes....except this: Madeline showed her gifts/and talked about it for 30 minutes and never saw Madeline again.

and the story changed again, she does not know when SS arrived after her sister dropped off Madeline<-----really?

IMO, JS will go down like Casey Anthony -- the second most hated mother in Florida. There are woman who don't deserve a family and this is one of them. JMO

IMO, JS will go down like Casey Anthony -- the second most hated mother in Florida. There are woman who don't deserve a family and this is one of them. JMO
She described Maddie as a sleeper who is all over the bed - a king-sized bed. Such a mover during the night that she can start on one side of the bed and then end up on top of Jen. So....what about when Stephan was in the bed too!?!?

jmo

And when did they watch Sister Act?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup
Back