Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And if she was so afraid her boyfriend would leave her for her daughter, why have that boyfriend?! That worry is a siren blaring to get rid of the guy!

She sits there like a lump worried about her loser of a boyfriend and not her precious daughter.
The way I read it was she'd be worry any BF would do that. She has trust issues with men (all).

The way I read it was she'd be worry any BF would do that. She has trust issues with men (all).
She doesn't trust men, doesn't allow sleepovers, fears he will fail in love with her daughter but let's them sleep together in another room on another floor ? Doesn't matter how long you know them, IMO adult men don't sleep with little girls. I just can't wrap my head around this. Although I'm not convinced she knew about the SA.

except she saw nothing wrong with sending her preteen daughter off to regularly sleep with her own on again off again paramour.

I'm sorry, but there is literally no way she can reconcile those two things. If you are afraid and mistrustful of men, specifically that one will pull a "Woody Allen" on you, you do NOT send your minor daughter to go share that man, or ANY man's bed.

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but that Saturday when he got that text he immediately went on the hunt for tranquilizers, he found some old ones, ( do you think he had any old ones lying around?) or do you think he found that dog tranquilizer. ( cant remember the name) he was searching "will it show up in a blood screen?" and this stuff ( dont quote me) apparently you breathe in, you don't ingest it. Someone please correct if thats not true.
Not that it matters, but it was a phone call from Maddie, not a text. (Posted source upthread)

I wonder if he convinced Maddie that they were in love, that he wasn't hurting her, they were sharing love like adults do. But of course they couldn't tell anyone. Maddie believed they were in love, wanted him around, expressed that which is why JS feared they'd run off together when Maddie was older.

I wonder if he convinced Maddie that they were in love, that he wasn't hurting her, they were sharing love like adults do. But of course they couldn't tell anyone. Maddie believed they were in love, wanted him around, expressed that which is why JS feared they'd run off together when Maddie was older.
He may have had that fantasy in his head.

I think Madeline may have loved him. He was a parental figure. He paid her a lot of attention. But I have no doubt she knew she was being sexually abused and wanted more than anything for it to end. We know she was happier and healthier in the brief window SS was not in her life, and went backwards once he was back.

I doubt leaving with him held any appeal for her.

MOO

I think Madeline may have loved him. He was a parental figure. He paid her a lot of attention. But I have no doubt she knew she was being sexually abused and wanted more than anything for it to end. We know she was happier and healthier in the brief window SS was not in her life, and went backwards once he was back.

MOO
agree. I don't think MS suffered under any illusion she and SS were "in love"

Did SS take MS with him to his parents' house on that 3am or so trip to Northport? Or was that after he'd allegedly left her body in the grass? If it were before, how could he leave MS' body at the condo? The door to #4 couldn't be locked from the outside, as I understand. Could he be THAT sure that JS might not wake up and discover the body? Or did he leave it somewhere else temporarily outside the home? What if something had happened and he couldn't make it back like he planned? A car accident or who knows what.
it was after he killed and dumped MS' body but before her body had been found. It was the night he and JS spent at the hotel because cops were searching the condo.

MOO
That's true, she was happier, possibly doing better in school and JS said they were communicating better. Why didn't any bells go off that maybe Stephan wasn't good for them.

We also IMO know that JS was ‘selfish’ by her own words since IIRC she had requested to sleep alone in her bed that last evening - for her own ‘good’ night of sleep and rest - while apparently sending MS to ‘sleep’ in SS bed. Utter disbelief. SMH

Sure hope authorities are putting together the evidence needed for any further charges in this case. My belief is they might wait until the trial progresses before any more charges are possibly given. And statute of limitation factors could also come into play. MOO

That's true, she was happier, possibly doing better in school and JS said they were communicating better. Why didn't any bells go off that maybe Stephan wasn't good for them.
Because the bells where not ringing anymore. She knew.
Jmo

Because the bells where not ringing anymore. She knew.
Jmo
Easy not to hear the bells when they're ringing a whole floor away and you've got your white noise turned up loud. And you orchestrated that arrangement.

It's the equivalent of shutting your eyes and covering your ears and saying that if you can't see it or hear it, it doesn't exist. Sure, you can't see or hear it, but you are the one choosing to block your senses from that input.

MOO

It wasn't JS texting him. Maddie called him. From Mack's recent-ish data dump Pg 41:

Debra stated Madeline called Stephan on 02/24/2024, to make sure that he was coming. Chris said something was odd with Stephan and he was very upset. Stephan was anxiously looking for anxiety medication from Chris and Debra, but was unsuccessful. Chris said Stephan looked very stressed out on Saturday (02/24/2024) evening. Chris said he felt that Stephan was more stressed out over something rather than upset at something, but had no idea what was stressing him out.

Maybe his dad misinterpreted how he was acting after Maddie's phone call as stress, when it was actually more like excitement or anticipation. CS did particularly note that he didn't think he was "upset", but he seemed to not know what he should call how he was acting, but eventually he chose the word stressed. Yes, that makes me think it might have been more like excitement/anticipation.

Which would also fit with him suddenly looking for sedatives/anti-anxiety meds. In fact, SS may have been pretending to feel stressed or anxious, putting on a show for his parents' sake, in hope that they would share some meds with him or to explain why he suddenly wanted to find some meds, as CS said he did. But the real reason he wanted sedatives may have been to give to MS later.

Maybe his dad misinterpreted how he was acting after Maddie's phone call as stress, when it was actually more like excitement or anticipation. CS did particularly note that he didn't think he was "upset", but he seemed to not know what he should call how he was acting, but eventually he chose the word stressed. Yes, that makes me think it might have been more like excitement/anticipation.

Which would also fit with him suddenly looking for sedatives/anti-anxiety meds. In fact, SS may have been pretending to feel stressed or anxious, putting on a show for his parents' sake, in hope that they would share some meds with him or to explain why he suddenly wanted to find some meds, as CS said he did. But the real reason he wanted sedatives may have been to give to MS later.
Yeah, this is what I think. He was anticipating what was to come. And any sedatives would have been useful for him to have on hand to make that happen.

MOO

Easy not to hear the bells when they're ringing a whole floor away and you've got your white noise turned up loud. And you orchestrated that arrangement.

It's the equivalent of shutting your eyes and covering your ears and saying that if you can't see it or hear it, it doesn't exist. Sure, you can't see or hear it, but you are the one choosing to block your senses from that input.

MOO
Yep. I'd be interested in knowing how well sound travels in that home. I remember in the J-B Ramsey case, investigators conducted audio tests in their house to try to find out what, if anything, could be heard from down in the basement, by people upstairs or nearby. I wonder if they did anything like that in MS case. To see what noises coming from room #4 could be heard in the rest of the house. That may well have been THE reason JS slept with the white noise on. Omg everything about this case is so awful.

Yep. I'd be interested in knowing how well sound travels in that home. I remember in the J-B Ramsey case, investigators conducted audio tests in their house to try to find out what, if anything, could be heard from down in the basement, by people upstairs or nearby. I wonder if they did anything like that in MS case. To see what noises coming from room #4 could be heard in the rest of the house. That may well have been THE reason JS slept with the white noise on. Omg everything about this case is so awful.
Chronic sexual and/or physical child abuse cases where people who should have been protecting the kid were enabling, ignoring, or even encouraging that abuse are always a hard thing to read about. It just takes one person to give a damn to stop it, and they just.... don't.

People talk about serial killers being monsters, but I think they're about on a par with people who sit by and feel nothing while a child is beaten, starved, or raped in front of them for months or years, usually only ending when the kid dies. It's inhuman.

MOO

I did too, but someone posted it thats the only reason I knew. I think they said her therapist not a teacher. also grandma and a friend, Im trying to find a source to confirm (an interview or police statement).
I think what matters is that Investigators somehow learned of the allegation (missing Christmas $) to question JS about it on 4/18/24 when under subpoena. Previously, I only recall MS telling her counselor about SS lounging around, eating all of their food, making her uncomfortable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenJenny
Back