Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:rolleyes: and I know you're thinking the same thing..:D
Betcha I'm not. :p lol I was putting that out there that she had previously been hospitalized for her mental health. That's no small beans. But it tells us how emotionally and mentally fragile she was/is, which is likely why SS was able to gaslight and manipulate her (MOO).

The indifference JS displays is completely mind blowing to me. If I found out that anyone let alone my partner harmed a single hair on my child's head I'd be x1000 more reactive than she is. Mind. Blown. That's just not a normal or typical 'I had no idea' reaction. Just my opinion.

The indifference JS displays is completely mind blowing to me. If I found out that anyone let alone my partner harmed a single hair on my child's head I'd be x1000 more reactive than she is. Mind. Blown. That's just not a normal or typical 'I had no idea' reaction. Just my opinion.
There is no "mama bear" in her. Zero.

jmo

Another thing I wanted to put on the table...

They didn't start living together until 2018, which puts Maddie at 7 yrs old. I'm only bringing up that it took a year for the abuse to start that we're aware of. I'm thinking he spent some time grooming her, so as not to jump straight into being sexual as he was building trust. JMO

Cued up:

Another thing I thought I'd note is how she met SS. They met as co-workers, then became really good friends, they were best friends for about a year, then eventually JS asked if he wanted to hook up and he said "Sure".

So, that's not what I had envisioned. I had thought he was like a shark, circling Maddie and it was HIM asking JS if she wanted to hook up so he could get to her young daughter. Not at all what I had imagined. I'm sure he knew she had an 8 yr if they were BFFs for a year.

Cued up:
I don't think he was ever sexually interested in JS, he became her BFF to get close to Maddie

I don't think he was ever sexually interested in JS, he became her BFF to get close to Maddie
I totally agree. When I said that I would have thought it would be him asking JS to hook up, it wasn't to have a sexual relationship with JS... it was to get closer to Maddie. It's why I'm surprised he wasn't trying to get closer so he'd have access to her.

Another thing I thought I'd note is how she met SS. They met as co-workers, then became really good friends, they were best friends for about a year, then eventually JS asked if he wanted to hook up and he said "Sure".

So, that's not what I had envisioned. I had thought he was like a shark, circling Maddie and it was HIM asking JS if she wanted to hook up so he could get to her young daughter. Not at all what I had imagined. I'm sure he knew she had an 8 yr if they were BFFs for a year.

Cued up:
Predators can be remarkably patient. A year or two spent grooming JS got him years of access... no one is slower or lazier than SS... but he was probably steady... and didn't pressure JS for sex so she felt he was mature... given all HER vulnerabilities, it's too bad he can't be charged for his deliberate, calculated, long game head messing he did with JS. It's near impossible to fathom, how a mother could be so blind and detached, but here we are.

She was still processing, calling SS's actions effing suspicious. No. No, Jen. We're past that. Not suspicious. Evidentiary. He didn't love you. You weren't his sweetie. He wasn't a good guy. He used you to get to MS. And all of it had to be confusing as hell for MS who could only conclude it was family-normal.

How I wish the long line of enablers had given up on SS, wish he'd left MS alone altogether or at least alone long enough to grow up, separate from that monster and learn that she wasn't alone. There are other survivors out there who would know her pain and share her recovery. That she's not broken; they are. SS. JS.

MS deserved to grow up.

SS and JS might never.

JMO

I totally agree. When I said that I would have thought it would be him asking JS to hook up, it wasn't to have a sexual relationship with JS... it was to get closer to Maddie. It's why I'm surprised he wasn't trying to get closer so he'd have access to her.
He might have spent time with Maddie during the year he was "best friends" with Jenn. Most best friends socialize together, not just work together. I think he spent time with the two of them and showed attention to Maddie, which JS interpreted as a good catch, despite the fact that a grown man spending time with her wasn't showing sexual interest in her so she had to proposition him.

jmo

Cued up:
This what I recalled from a very early MSM that I could not locate an English translation. The couple met in 2017 when working together in real estate, and bonded over having weight loss surgery in common but were not a couple.

As JS refers to them in 2017 as "best friends," I don't doubt that SS would have met young MS during this platonic friends period, and most likely when SS first began introducing MS to his Disney collectibles.

By 2018, they were hooking up and SS was living with them in the condo. I can see where JS would have believed "her friend" SS proved himself to be safe to move into her home with her child, and take their relationship to the next level.

Nonetheless, it doesn't excuse JS when the "inappropriate" senses would have been kicking in, flashing DANGER,-- and JS just ignored them. By that time, JS was reliant on JS as the live-in babysitter/entertainment for MS. IMO, I think JS constantly required in-house assistance with MS -- if not first from her father, then it was SS, and mom and sister filling in the gaps.

It's painful, overwhelming sadness that I feel for MS. She was so betrayed by both JS and SS. A mother who failed to find anything positive about her child, and the family friend who raped her for as long as she could remember. And together, they decided the remedy for MS was simply to drug MS for sleep, and drug her again to keep her awake. MOO

Last edited:
Another thing I wanted to put on the table...

They didn't start living together until 2018, which puts Maddie at 7 yrs old. I'm only bringing up that it took a year for the abuse to start that we're aware of. I'm thinking he spent some time grooming her, so as not to jump straight into being sexual as he was building trust. JMO

Cued up:

It took a year for him to be bold enough to record it with his phone camera.

Chance that that was the first time he touched her is next to zero, IMO. I think he'd been doing it for a while.

MOO

The detective does a fantastic job illustrating to JS how during every step of the investigation, JS's first sense was to "protect SS" -- versus the reaction of any prudent mother about the what, where, and why, of her missing daughter.

I think everybody in that room wanted to breath "reality" into JS-- especially when the detective tells JS he's not seen his own child in days -- looking for hers, and JS is unmoved-- remains seated like a bump on a log!

I'm also sorry for JS's parents-- her dad is waiting in the PD. And MS's grandmother must be out of her mind with worry, and then there's JS. o_O

I dunno, this woman has never presented right to me. But she tells investigators she thought she was doing a good job with MS....

JMO

For those not interested in listening to an almost 4.5 hr long video... I cued up where LE is asking JS to explain how the whole sleeping together with Maddie and SS thing started.

Cued up:
I think she made up the having a no sleepover rule after she got so much grief over it. And why is she calling it a sleepover ? Ita sharing a bed.

Posting this since we've all seen her knee-bouncing during one of the early MSM interviews. I've cued it up a little bit before to get what LE is telling her before the knee-bouncing starts which is ~12 seconds after the cued up video when both her feet are on the floor. Anxiety? Nerves? Guilt? All of the above?

Cued up:

LE is basically telling her he thinks she knew they were in a sexual relationship due to the way she was seen acting in various MSM interviews.

"My experience in this job is that it's not sincere. I feel like some of your sadness is not real sadness, I feel like when you gave the interview with Fox35 it was not sincere. Looking at that video one time I didn't feel like your cries were sincere and I'm not saying that because you're a bad person, I feel like sometimes people struggle to show real emotion when they are aware of what the truth is so it HAS to be fake". </end spanking>

Cued up to catch the spanking from the beginning:

Last edited:
She's up there with Letecia Stauch for me.

I agree! LS's forensic psychologist who tested her for competency came up today in another trial. I would really like for JS to be evaluated by a forensic psychologist. Sooner than later.

A forensic psychologist interviewing Stauch asked her, “Talk to us about what happened on the day of the event. There may be things leading up to it.” To which Stauch replied, “Where do you want me to start at?” The forensic psychologist replied, “Where do you think it begins?”

I recall Dr. Torres was quick to cite there were concerns about LS's credibility.

I agree! LS's forensic psychologist who tested her for competency came up today in another trial. I would really like for JS to be evaluated by a forensic psychologist. Sooner than later.

A forensic psychologist interviewing Stauch asked her, “Talk to us about what happened on the day of the event. There may be things leading up to it.” To which Stauch replied, “Where do you want me to start at?” The forensic psychologist replied, “Where do you think it begins?”

I recall Dr. Torres was quick to cite there were concerns about LS's credibility.

I really liked her on the stand.

I think that with all the stuff coming out from these interviews, it will be really interesting to see commentary from (reputable) experts about JS's reactions, emotions, body language, and verbal responses. I'm sure there are some articles, podcasts, or YouTube videos in the works.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalton2020
Back