Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Employment: in the portion of the interview on 2/28 where she thinks she is going to be attending the press conference, but instead she was questioned and showed pics of SS's body part to identify and be told there were pics of S/A, she indicated this:

Det: how long have you been working at Coronado Springs
JS: for less than two weeks
Det: oh so you just started there
JS: yeah
Det: are you just like in training or how does it work
JS: yeah I'm in training right now
Det: okay what did you do before that
JS: I was a substitute teacher for a little bit but for the most part for the last few years I've just been living off disability

more disturbing in this interview (gawd there is so much): she is so focused on separating the issues, missing and S/A cant be connected. actually its downright weird to say what she said considering in this interview she says she needs more evidence but says she believes it about the 'sexual acts'...she doesnt refer to it as abuse.

JS: can I make one decision now and change my mind later if I decide not to press charges now could I change my mind and press charges later
Det: it's a lot to digest okay so you, I don't want to make you answer that right now you know um but when we come back we'll talk more about it okay when I come back.
Det: let's take some time to process everything cuz you're going through a lot right now but right now I mean, I mean in my eyes that it sounds bad but almost secondary because we want to worry about this afterwards
Det: she's our main focus
JS: that's where I'm at I'm I know that the sexual sexual acts happened but I'm not convinced that he didn't take her to school I'm not convinced that he's the reason she's gone cuz if this had been going on for so long
what's the motive why Monday why that day why the day after her birthday when we were supposed to spend the entire week together and have such a great time. <-----where is the outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a must listen again (or first time). I would need to find the appropriate acceptable link to the audio interview. :) but the text is taken from the transcript.

and:

Det: who would have been driving your car between Monday and now other than you
JS: Stephan
Det: okay, 3:00 in the morning?
JS: if if he says he was out driving around trying to think trying to look think of places to look
for Madeline
Det: you didn't go with him to look?
JS: no
Det: why?
JS: I have to stay home take my meds and go to sleep
Det: BIG SIGH... okay
Yikes @Pruddennce ….. that is all quite disturbing IMO too.

This jumps off the page to me:

“JS: that's where I'm at I'm I know that the sexual sexual acts happened but I'm not convinced that he didn't take her to school I'm not convinced that he's the reason she's gone cuz if this had been going on for so long

I don’t know what to make of that. Yet. But it almost appears IMO that a question to JS is that if this had been going on for so long, why did this occur* this weekend, why now? (And the first ‘this’ seems to be the now disclosed abuse / SA of MS.) In other words……. is JS here acknowledging that the events have been occurring previously, and thus there couldn’t really be a reason for this to have now happened IMO?

It almost seems her also now acknowledging a trigger or motive? She even uses the word motive! “what’s the motive?” Is that IMO an attempt to almost condone the behavior? SMH

*And context from the other part of the excerpt is when she says why Monday? Essentially why now?

One can only imagine what investigators, prosecutors, and the district attorney are pondering in this. MOO

If only we knew what she meant by "it".

Can't chance having MS disrupt her sleep?

Can't chance missing her meds/routine abd slipping back into a dark place?

Can't chance letting her sleep in Room 4 and risk a Woody Allen situation?

Can't allow weird (for lack of an appropriately nasty word) sleeping arrangements because she can't risk it with outsiders living on the inside (room renters).

I have to believe that LE knows the context but it's possible that it was text which came as her decision following an in person conversation or phone call.

I think we can safely (sadly) conclude that, whatever it was that she couldn't risk, the risk was how it would impact JS.

Seems like poor MS got left out of everybody's calculus. (Everybody = SS, JS)

JMO

If only we knew what she meant by "it".

Can't chance having MS disrupt her sleep?

Can't chance missing her meds/routine abd slipping back into a dark place?

Can't chance letting her sleep in Room 4 and risk a Woody Allen situation?

Can't allow weird (for lack of an appropriately nasty word) sleeping arrangements because she can't risk it with outsiders living on the inside (room renters).

I have to believe that LE knows the context but it's possible that it was text which came as her decision following an in person conversation or phone call.

I think we can safely (sadly) conclude that, whatever it was that she couldn't risk, the risk was how it would impact JS.

Seems like poor MS got left out of everybody's calculus. (Everybody = SS, JS)

JMO
What I thought of immediately was that their "3 way slumber parties" could not be risked because Maddie had started periods and could get preg. But, if this were the reason why let Maddie go with SS one more time? I am sure LE knows by now whether she was preg? I dont think they will disclose that till trial. That would explain a lot.
Also, gives me the creeps, but CS told LE that JS was bi.

Pg 341 of 896:

Stephan had moved out of the home in the later part of 2023 (November/December).
are we sure?? I remember someone posting the he had actually moved out a year earlier, , because if he moved out in dec 23 to go home for a job, and in a month it fell through, thats a lot going one in a month? as well as all the talk about renting the room out why maddi never got it, because her dad wanted to rent it out. I know it was a surprise to hear he moved out in 2022 , let's check a couple sources.
where is @Pruddennce Im thinking she discovered that fact.

Last edited:
Also, gives me the creeps, but CS told LE that JS was bi.
bbm
:oops:This brings us closer to the matter, I believe. I didn't know it.
Now think of the text again: Maddie doesn't sleep with me any longer; I can't risk it. I don't think, it had anything to do with the renting/not renting room #4, but with secrets, Js and SS had about bed routines (NOT to be confused with bedtime routines). Logically JS wasn't able/willing to answer the question, what this text meant. MOO

are we sure?? I remember someone posting the he had actually moved out a year earlier, , because if he moved out in dec 23 to go home for a job, and in a month it fell through, thats a lot going one in a month? as well as all the talk about renting the room out why maddi never got it, because her dad wanted to rent it out. I know it was a surprise to hear he moved out in 2022 , let's check a couple sources.
unless CS is the one that said it in an interview and he was wrong about the dates

Do we know anything about the job that didn't work out? Did SS ever GO to said job? Bottom out for poor attendance in Day 1?

I'm not seeing a history of longevity...

JMO

This mentions December.

here is the grandmom's LE interview from the doc dump: redacted but you can figure out the names. as an aside, there are many many pages redacted. which makes it difficult at times to follow and piece some things together because entire pages are blacked out.

[…]

On February 26, _____ called and asked if ______walked to her office because she was not currently at school. ______stated was taken to school by Stephan, whom she knows as _____’s ex-boyfriend. believes _______and Stephan broke up in December when he moved out of the home. Stephan possibly came to the home for ________’s birthday. Stephan has taken to school in the past and stated he dropped her off at a nearby apartment complex named Urbana has never run away from home in the past.

This mentions December.

here is the grandmom's LE interview from the doc dump: redacted but you can figure out the names. as an aside, there are many many pages redacted. which makes it difficult at times to follow and piece some things together because entire pages are blacked out.

[…]

On February 26, _____ called and asked if ______walked to her office because she was not currently at school. ______stated was taken to school by Stephan, whom she knows as _____’s ex-boyfriend. believes _______and Stephan broke up in December when he moved out of the home. Stephan possibly came to the home for ________’s birthday. Stephan has taken to school in the past and stated he dropped her off at a nearby apartment complex named Urbana has never run away from home in the past.
I would not be surprised if the date was mixed up by CS. but everything I search says 2023

No, we're never sure when it's JS or SS doing the talking. lol That was JS stating that. Still Pg 341 of 896:

1727565989934.png

Also, her BFF said (Pg 107):

Stephen recently moved out of the home but he still visits often.

And a 13 yr old friend said (Pg 113):

[Friend] stated that he recently moved out of the residence for an unknown reason and when she asked Maddie why he did she “ignored the question,”

And the roommate said (Pg 872):

Stephan no longer lives in the home with JS and Maddie, as he moved out in December of 2023; however, he has come to visit two or three times since then
Lastly... G'ma (Pg 874) said:

JS and Stephan broke up in December when he moved out of the home.

June 16,2023( was it 23?) she texted "maddie isn't sleeping with me anymore I cant risk it ..."
I can't say for sure, but I thought JS was texting SS that statement "Maddie is no longer sleeping with me, I can't risk it." during the time SS was not living there.
I've lost track of when he lost his Disney job and if he moved out then or before the fall of 2023?
I remember she said he moved out in dec....but 2023?
Stephan had moved out of the home in the later part of 2023 (November/December).

IIRC, SS lost his job at Disney in Sept. 2023. He moved out that fall, around Nov 2023. In any case, if JS texted that to him in June 2023, then sounds like SS was still living there and they were discussing Maddie not sleeping in JS's bed. Was she concerned she had to keep up the all sleeping together arrangement as her not knowing cover? MOO, it seems the roommates, SS's parents, most likely JS parents, knew something about these weird sleeping arrangements, but if it was in JS's bed then she could make it sound like some kind of sick wholesome thing. Some kind of thing they did because, blame it on Maddie, she didn't like to sleep alone. IMO, it was JS and her dumb blind medicated and confused act they she used to cover up what was going on with apparently her blessing.

Oh, yeah, all MOO.

Last edited:
JS said she was no longer in an 'sexual relationship':

2/28 interview:

Det: when was the last time you guys were sexually active
JS: not December 2023 but December 2022
Det: okay
JS: at that point I had decided that I wasn't interested in sex I wasn't my meds just really affected me and I was just like you know what I think it's it took a while to figure out that it was my meds I was trying to figure out if it was like my hormones my body like what was going on but it was just like um we narrowed it down to that so when I realized that what was happening I just have to accept it because it's either come off my meds or fix my sex drive
well come off my meds fix my sex drive or stay on my meds I'm going to stay on my meds like I need to stay
stable so um yeah.

JS and SS being told to leave:
if you want to believe her subpoena interview but this account shows up elsewhere, I would have to look, in the meantime:

WJ: Now, does there come a point in time in 2023 where you've kind of had enough of roommate-ex-boyfriend Stephan and ask him to hit the road?

JS: Yes.

WJ: Is that fair to say it was like October?

JS: Maybe, yeah, like the end of October, 'cause then I gave him all of November and told him he had to be out by December 1st, kind of thing. But yeah, that sounds about right.

WJ: And then did you kind of ask him to leave a month earlier, and it was a source of arguments?

JS: Uh, yeah.

WJ: Okay, so now at this point in time when he's being asked to leave, have you had any conversation with Maddie that mommy isn’t together with Stephan anymore, and this is kind of the way the world? Do you have that conversation with her?

JS: Uh, she had—by June, um, she figured it out already. So she knew we weren’t together or anything like that. Um, so she—by December, yeah, she had already known he was leaving. And...

WJ: Okay?

JS: But that was okay.

Last edited:
It's mind blowing that SS wasn't living with JS anymore, she wasn't in an intimate relationship with him anymore, yet she still picked him over her daughter. Finding out her daughter was SA for years, was missing, and LE suspected SS, yet JS seemed to cover for him in the interviews. I will never understand women who choose their boyfriends over their children, but he wasn't even a boyfriend, so it's even harder to comprehend. I'm really starting to think that JS and SS agreed to not rat out each other.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03
Back