Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO she would make a terrible star witness. I don’t think they really need her, or hope they don’t anyway.

MOO
I don't think they need her as a witness, either. MAYBE she will take the stand to answer for short, factual questions about Maddie not coming out of school that afternoon to help establish the timeline of events and expose SS's attempts to lie to LE.

jmo

I'm thinking about the school pick-up and it's been bothering me how JS reacted.

SBM. this is anecdotal + jmo, but i super naughty in the youth and skipped a LOT of class. i’m 30 now, but when i was 17, there was one particular instance that i skipped an entire day in my senior year.

when my mom returned from work to find I wasn’t home, this typically demure, SUPER shy but anxious momma marched around campus + had a complete rage fit against admin for not notifying as per district policy. i mean, she LITERALLY tried to go behind the secretary’s desk to look at cctv of the parking lot. my mom is quite honestly the sweetest (and patient) woman i have ever met, but rightly or wrongly, she put being a mother as her primary identity.

all this to say — in the beginning, i wanted to give a bit of buoyancy to JS, despite this situation looking horrible from day 1. single mothers have a huge lot in life, and families in the USA have so little resources.

JS is a monster. i’ve seen people canvassing for a missing pet with an urgency that JS doesn’t share.

instead of her trauma coloring her motherhood experience, she perpetuated the cycle and now her daughter is dead.

LE has lots of collective experience. They called JS in, have her a chance to true up her statements and I think gave her that qualified immunity because ultimately I think they expected as many of us would that JS would be full Team MS and completely not Team SS. When they previously showed her an image of SA and asked her to identify what she could, I don't think they expected she'd run to SS's dad (by phone, was it?) to advise him to get a lawyer for SS. Shocking. I think they expected she'd join Team MS, the team LE was on. So, this immunity interview was a generous opportunity for her to abandon SS and come aboard.

LE had to be absolutely agog at her responses, her memory and lack there of, her emotion and lack there of, her wild disconnect.

I get the distinct feeling JS operated in a realm of If I Don't Look At It I Don't See it. Doesn't want it to be true so it's not.

Hard to imagine how she fared in the adult world with that sort of mentality. Something like: best way to deal with stressors, ignore them. It was like there was little left over after sleep, meds and this staying stable, shut out everything that didn't fit in that.

SS says he can be trusted. Refused to face anything outside of that.

I do think she lied a lot, mostly because she didn't want to look like a bad mom for missing the party, fobbing MS off, not being at her party, not seeing her afterwards. So she filled in some details ....er, made them up.

I don't think she thought MS was dead until LE showed her the photo, even then it was a slow nod.

She gave that monster her unchecked trust. Didn't think he'd molest MS, kill her, etc. Struggled to believe it even when confronted with the facts.

SS doesn't need a fall guy. I think he pretty well recorded his actions leaving no space for a conspiracy nor for an accomplice. He did this himself.

JS was no obstacle.

JMO
and....tried to present two scenarios when the SA pics were presented to her...she believes the S/A's and her 'missing' were unrelated events. that was jaw dropping.

Not sure @ttjo ….. but that does make a little sense. Maybe? Unfortunately?

IMO neglect is far too minimal for what has occurred in this case.
I know what youre saying, I just try to think of every possibility no matter how unlikely, think about it and then throw it away. It could also be that they have nothing to charge her with,bcause it doesnt meet all the criteria. for reference: Vinnie Politan YouTube channel, " the case against Jenn Soto" , in case the link doesnt work starts at about 5 minute in .

IANAL and am not familiar with FL or other statutes, federal or otherwise. IIRC there was earlier talk about endangerment. Yet I hope something at least that severe or better can be utilized. Maybe even federal charges if need be if FL laws are seemingly too obscure. Based on evidence JS asked MS to accompany S to ‘sleep’…. for years. IIUC. SMH.

And what of CS (SS’s father) that he believed that SS and JS were supposedly involved in some ‘criminal enterprise’? WITH is that about? I hope investigators are all over that. Maybe there is one thread to help with that connection.
I think it's the volume of pictures.
I believe @IzzyBlanche also mentioned above perhaps prosecutors intend to use JS as a prosecution witness. IMO horrible idea….. (and I am not throwing shade at you Izzy!)…. JS from my observation would not be a good witness. And what ‘truth’ has been observed in anything said? As it is they need to parse through everything she has stated publicly and in statements and try to decipher for relevance (or possible criminality) IMO.
based on her interviews , I sure hope not.
I hope that she is not used as a prosecution witness. Rather that some charges can also be found that apply to what she allowed, enabled, condoned (insert appropriate verb) that led to MS abuse over years and premature death. MOO

I'm thinking about the school pick-up and it's been bothering me how JS reacted.

When her daughter did not come out of school, I would think JS would get out of the car line and march into school, asking to speak to the office, teachers, schoolmates etc. about Maddie.
The only other thing I can think of is:
she didnt go to maddis open house, she said she was out of sorts the day before, she wasnt sure if she told maddi she'd pick her up from school that day? shes worried about how people perceive her ( ie the security at her condo while Maddi was missing even before the murder) maybe she just avoided any interaction with people who she felt might judge her ? even at that point, just picking her up from school she may have worried about what people thought of her confusion. ( thats from her perspective)
She's an avoider.

The problem as I see it is none of these things is inconsistent with JS having killed Maddie and SS trying to cover it up for her.

I don't think that's what happened but I think he'll try to use that as a defense.
She helped him with the leash. Cause of death strangulation. LE Stated it happened in the early morning hrs. she went to sleep without getting on her laptop,left her phone at home..She 'Misremembered'. "We took her to school. We dropped her off close to the school" No you didn't. MOO

She helped him with the leash. Cause of death strangulation. LE Stated it happened in the early morning hrs. she went to sleep without getting on her laptop,left her phone at home..She 'Misremembered'. "We took her to school. We dropped her off close to the school" No you didn't. MOO
What about the broken hyoid bone, would that be consistent with using a leash ? In kids it takes a lot of direct pressure to break that? It is a mystery about why he went in there to leash that dog ( if thats what he did) , coupled with the croc. I need to look up the police report that talks about how her phone alarm was shut off that morning while still on the charger.

What about the broken hyoid bone, would that be consistent with using a leash ? In kids it takes a lot of direct pressure to break that? It is a mystery about why he went in there to leash that dog ( if thats what he did) , coupled with the croc. I need to look up the police report that talks about how her phone alarm was shut off that morning while still on the charger.
The story, that a man needed HELP to get a dog on the leash in a home, where he lived already for more or less 5 years, sounds stupid from the first sight, IMO.

Stunning statements.

How about, maybe it would have been smarter if your adult son decided not to groom, abuse and film a child even once.

I get lost on the shell game for the missing hard drive. Here, there, storage locker, turned in, still missing.

I'm not sure how many hands are involved either.

Did a super helpful person remove and/or cover for a recently used hard drive, supplying instead a distantly used hard drive? Like LE couldn't tell that?

Both parents, over involved, in very weird ways. He's 37, not 14.

JMO
It wouldn’t surprise me if JS is in possession of it. IMO

The story, that a man needed HELP to get a dog on the leash in a home, where he lived already for more or less 5 years, sounds stupid from the first sight, IMO.
Doesnt it? not to mention that he put that big dog on the bed to do it, when he knows the dog might pee on the bed? I wonder if anyone asked him if he actually took that dog for a walk and then checked to see if it was captured on the ring cameras around there. why would you leash him if you weren't going for a walk.? the alarm getting shut off bugged me, but im not sure im reading the report right or if someone hit snooze , let me find it. BRB

Last edited:
Doesnt it? not to mention that he put that big dog on the bed to do it, when he knows the dog might pee on the bed? I wonder if anyone asked him if he actually took that dog for a walk and then checked to see if it was captured on the ring cameras around there. why would you leash him if you weren't going for a walk.? the alarm getting shut off bugged me, but im not sure im reading the report right or if someone hit snooze , let me find it. BRB
I'm not buying the leash story, but maybe he did secure the dog so the dog wouldn't react to a deceased body being carried out?? Never thought of that.

Was SS ever asked about walking the dog during his interrogations?

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back