Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unless you go out of the country and have it done. I know some that have gone to Mexico for the procedure. Just plunk your money down and do the surgery. Nothing else required.
Great point! We see that all the time.

Still, it's not exactly cheap. And there would be travel expenses involved.

Great point! We see that all the time.

Still, it's not exactly cheap. And there would be travel expenses involved.
Yes, and the fact of the conditions of the 'medical office' or location. It's very dangerous to go to Mexico especially for plastic surgery procedures. Sanitation and Doctor qualifications are just a couple of things I can think of.

Oh, and the fact that you might get robbed or murdered while there too. No, Nope, Nopers I would never take that risk, but to each his own I guess.

JMO

The whole money thing is confusing anyway. Having a 350 dollar botox appointment, yes she canceled it last minute due to saving money but still when did she planned it? Being upset having to leave their house and arrange a hotel room and having no money for it. At the same time stating she thought SS went out shopping because that is what he does when he gets stressed. Feels like a rollercoaster.

Jmo
bbm
And if Maddie's money birthday gifts suddenly weren't enough to pay the $350 treatment?? Maybe, counting the money was so very important because of that?

Snipped for focus

Not trying to pick on you, but I work in the healthcare industry, and what constitutes elective surgery versus non-elective surgery is widely misunderstood. A non-elective surgery is most often one that has to be performed immediately to save a person's life--for example, an emergency tracheotomy or an appendectomy.

Elective surgery is surgery that the patient needs but doesn't have to be performed right away, such as surgery to remove a cancerous tumor or replace a knee.

That being said, I think what you are wondering is where in the world SS got the money for bariatric surgery. It's a good question IMO. If he wasn't working it certainly wasn't through employer-paid health insurance.

Also, I don't know how things are elsewhere, but in my organization a patient must successfully complete an extensive process that includes nutritional and psychological evaluations before a medical doctor will authorize a bariatric procedure.

Hope this info is helpful.
They may have gone to Mexico for the surgery. Many just head over the border, offering bariatric and cosmetic surgery at a very deep discount. Cash only.

My friend looked into going to Mexico when her insurance notified her, they would only cover a few diagnostic test prior to surgery. We both worked in the medical community and our physician friends warned her "no US doctor will treat you for complications".

Moo....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!
Back