Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where did the story about Madeline being unhappy with the amount she got came from? Was that independently verified, or did that come from JS?
I don't think she was unhappy with the money, from what I remember she was unhappy about how many " friends" did not come to her party even though she invited many people??? . I cant remember if she invited people or if it was an open invitation type post.
and about Jenn, I recall hearing that she was supposed to get money from her mom and didnt? and thats what she was disappointed about. I dont know how true that is, I think it was in the first police reports that came out and that came from one of maddies friends.

I don't think she was unhappy with the money, from what I remember she was unhappy about how many " friends" did not come to her party even though she invited many people??? . I cant remember if she invited people or if it was an open invitation type post.
and about Jenn, I recall hearing that she was supposed to get money from her mom and didnt? and thats what she was disappointed about. I dont know how true that is, I think it was in the first police reports that came out and that came from one of maddies friends.
It was said she was unhappy with both (lack of friends attending and not enough money).

From the interview of her BFF about the lack of money (Pg 107 of 896):

It was also common for Maddie to talk about getting money for her birthday. Maddie got mad at REDACTED for not giving her any money for her birthday and complained because she didn’t get enough money for her birthday.

From Pg 48 about the lack of friends in attendance:

I asked REDACTED1 who else was at Madeline's birthday party other than her family. REDACTED1 stated another girl from their school, REDACTED2, was there. I asked REDACTED1 how Madeline was acting at her party, and she stated when she got there, she was kind of acting upset. But when REDACTED2 got there, she changed her demeanor and began to act happy.

It was said she was unhappy with both (lack of friends attending and not enough money).

From the interview of her BFF about the lack of money (Pg 107 of 896):

It was also common for Maddie to talk about getting money for her birthday. Maddie got mad at REDACTED for not giving her any money for her birthday and complained because she didn’t get enough money for her birthday.

From Pg 48 about the lack of friends in attendance:

I asked REDACTED1 who else was at Madeline's birthday party other than her family. REDACTED1 stated another girl from their school, REDACTED2, was there. I asked REDACTED1 how Madeline was acting at her party, and she stated when she got there, she was kind of acting upset. But when REDACTED2 got there, she changed her demeanor and began to act happy.
did it say anything about the invites? I felt like she was disappointed at the turn out, but thought the invite was kind of open. like a post or something.
If she personally invited people and they didnt show up, that would be even sadder.

did it say anything about the invites? I felt like she was disappointed at the turn out, but thought the invite was kind of open. like a post or something.
If she personally invited people and they didnt show up, that would be even sadder.
Not that I've found. IMO she personally would have invited people which is the norm. Also, that would explain why she was unhappy at the low turnover. That'd only happen if you had few invitation acceptances. Otherwise, you'd only have yourself to blame for lack of attendance, right?

I was looking at pics of the backpack when it was discovered...I can only find them in videos...they laid out the items in it. I didnt see a water bottle which JS made a big deal about 'getting her clothes ready' and the water bottle and blah blah. I noticed 2 water bottles on the kitchen counter seen in the search pics, one pink. Madeline's?? also, no word about the paint all over the bag?

I was looking at pics of the backpack when it was discovered...I can only find them in videos...they laid out the items in it. I didnt see a water bottle which JS made a big deal about 'getting her clothes ready' and the water bottle and blah blah. I noticed 2 water bottles on the kitchen counter seen in the search pics, one pink. Madeline's?? also, no word about the paint all over the bag?
I wondered about the paint myself after seeing the items from her backpack. Also the squashed med containers. What in the world was that about? And paint is messy. There'd have to have been splatters from the looks of what I saw. I just can't imagine what that was about and why and when it was done. Also, why is the background of what those pics taken on smudged with the same color paint? Was the paint not dry on Maddie's things? Talk about things that make you go Hmmm...

1727826339939.png

1727826188139.png1727826423067.png
1727826397117.png

Pics start about 1min in:

Last edited:
I wondered about the paint myself after seeing the items from her backpack. Also the squashed med containers. What in the world was that about? And paint is messy. There'd have to have been splatters from the looks of what I saw. I jsut can't imagine what that was about and why and when it was done. Also, why is the background of what those pics taken on smudged with the same color paint? Was the paint not dry on Maddie's things? Talk about things that make you go Hmmm...

View attachment 534779

View attachment 534777View attachment 534781
View attachment 534780

The inhaler that was never mentioned by her mum :(

Then again someone dead doesn’t need an inhaler. I can imagine S told J he accidentally killed Maddie, and J sprang into action to help him cover it up. She never told in the press releases that Maddie used an inhaler and was never worried about it.
Was it after LE showed J the "photos" that J was comforting SS? They showed J the photos pretty quick. I cant remember if SS was already in custody when she saw photos. I think LE took phones first day.

I wondered about the paint myself after seeing the items from her backpack. Also the squashed med containers. What in the world was that about? And paint is messy. There'd have to have been splatters from the looks of what I saw. I jsut can't imagine what that was about and why and when it was done. Also, why is the background of what those pics taken on smudged with the same color paint? Was the paint not dry on Maddie's things? Talk about things that make you go Hmmm...

View attachment 534779

View attachment 534777View attachment 534781
View attachment 534780

thanks for capturing the stills. no water bottle.

from her subpoena interview:

WJ: Okay. Alright. Now, Madeline, does she lay out her clothes for school the next day, or is that something she gets in the morning, makes a game-time decision like my kid?

JS: (Quick Sigh) Typically It is a game-time decision, morning of.

WJ: Okay, what about this specific evening, do you remember anything about it?

JS: Yes. This evening we had, um, I had already discussed prior to Stephan coming to visit that he was going to help me take Maddie to school that day. Um, so because I knew that that was what was going to happen that night, I had asked Maddie to pick out your clothes, have everything ready, have your backpack ready, your water bottle, everything you need ready, so that way you could just grab your stuff and head out. It won’t be too much--too much of a hassle in the morning. Um, and so she did. She picked out her clothing. I asked her what she was wearing, and she told me what she had picked out. I said, “Okay, fine.”

WJ: Alright, so she picks it out, but does she physically take it out of somewhere, wherever she stores her clothes, and put it somewhere?

JS: I’m not sure.

WJ: Okay.

JS: I'm not sure if she took that clothes upstairs with her or anything like that.

WJ: Alright. So far you didn't see them in your room. And did you have the opportunity to kind of see her cubby part of the living room to see if she had put them on her bed or anything like that?

JS: I hadn't seen them.

WJ: Does Madeline have like a water bottle or a Hydro Flask or whatever the kids call it that she likes to sleep with and bring up or bring wherever she's sleeping?

JS: Mmmmm.... Typically not. That stays downstairs in her backpack, and then she'll clean it in the morning and then fill it back up and just leave it in her backpack. That typically stays in the backpack.

JS asks Madeline what she picked out to wear???? I call BS on JS asking Madeline what she picked out to wear to school...as if she cared. I base my opinion on her friends statement she usually wears the same kind of outfit, black shorts. of which JS THOUGHT that was what she was wearing when she was 'missing'. then she says Madeline 'told her' but she never saw the clothes.

JS claims she had a discussion with Madeline PRIOR TO SS coming there...I can bet that is why Madeline was crying to her gm and gpop about going home. maybe she didnt specify to them it was because of SS, but heck she WAS crying according to them. which again, I wonder why they never revealed why she was upset, didnt they ask her? or is that something that has been redacted. because if she did say it was because of SS, imagine THAT guilt.

The condo she lives in wouldn’t be Section 8 Housing, would it? IMO
Going back to the Room 4 and Rent question, has JS's dad been interviewed? I don't recall seeing anything from him.
As stated before, the condo belongs to biodad of Jenn, also initials JS. He's the one who lived in the downstairs bedroom while Jenn lived upstairs when married to her husband SY, and his daughter A and Maddie lived upstairs too.

There was an interview released with this grandpa (bio dad of Jenn) where he talks about going to Burger King with Maddie. Let me find it.

Re: party invitations and friends joining the party for Maddie- although we KNOW now that Jenn had worked as a substitute teacher on occasion at Hunter's Creek Middle, we have no indication that Jenn was engaged in the school community (volunteering, PTO, etc.) At this age, you still gotta push for parents of your kid's friends to know about such gatherings and be their advocate/party planner to make sure the kids know they can attend. It can't just be on your kid. This involves emailing, Facebook messages, insta DMs, texts, to kid's friends and parents. ESPECIALLY since the party was at Grandma's house, there would need to be messaging to that effect! (I'm not going to let my 12yo randomly go to some birthday party at a friend's grandparents house unless I hear from adults directly!)

Off to find that interview with Jenn's dad...

Last edited:
Snipped for focus

Not trying to pick on you, but I work in the healthcare industry, and what constitutes elective surgery versus non-elective surgery is widely misunderstood. A non-elective surgery is most often one that has to be performed immediately to save a person's life--for example, an emergency tracheotomy or an appendectomy.

Elective surgery is surgery that the patient needs but doesn't have to be performed right away, such as surgery to remove a cancerous tumor or replace a knee.

That being said, I think what you are wondering is where in the world SS got the money for bariatric surgery. It's a good question IMO. If he wasn't working it certainly wasn't through employer-paid health insurance.

Also, I don't know how things are elsewhere, but in my organization a patient must successfully complete an extensive process that includes nutritional and psychological evaluations before a medical doctor will authorize a bariatric procedure.

Hope this info is helpful.
Thank you so much for this input. Yes, I see now how I misused the term “non-elective.”

Your point about the months of nutritional and psychological counseling is something I forgot to include in my post. That is definately the case in my three-state area, and I know several people personally who have had bariatric surgery. I also believe working up to a regular exercise routine was part of the required commitment. They were also older than our subjects and both morbidly obese — like 300-400lbs. over weight. It was not a question of aesthetics or wishing to look better on the beach.

@IzzyBlanche, from what you know, how would you guess that J & S were able to get such a procedure done on public assistance? My thought is SS says he’s ADHD but knicked some of Maddie's prescription and bought stimulants illegally online. Are their docs that would do such surgery illegally, to get fees through insurance fraud?

Thank you so much for this input. Yes, I see now how I misused the term “non-elective.”

Your point about the months of nutritional and psychological counseling is something I forgot to include in my post. That is definately the case in my three-state area, and I know several people personally who have had bariatric surgery. I also believe working up to a regular exercise routine was part of the required commitment. They were also older than our subjects and both morbidly obese — like 300-400lbs. over weight. It was not a question of aesthetics or wishing to look better on the beach.

@IzzyBlanche, from what you know, how would you guess that J & S were able to get such a procedure done on public assistance? My thought is SS says he’s ADHD but knicked some of Maddie's prescription and bought stimulants illegally online. Are their docs that would do such surgery illegally, to get fees through insurance fraud?

I have absolutely no link to support this, but my sense was that both surgeries were long enough ago that they may have been done when both worked at Disney and presumably had health insurance.

And I don't know if the prerequisites for bariatric surgery vary from state to state. Maybe they are looser in Florida than where I am.

So many questions.

How did JS not notice this? MS' phone is at home. Her water bottle is at home. Clothes are bundled up on her bed. No mention of Maddie's inhaler. Or her morning medication. No mention of what she was supposed to eat for lunch. I'm beyond 'this doesn't make sense.' This seems deliberate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mkmatti
Back