Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wouldn't JS question why the dog was in her room if it normally sleeps in the living room on the couch? I know I would.
But if the leash were kept in her bedroom, then when SS went in there to get it, the dog probably would've followed him thru the door as he opened it, and jumped right up on her bed. So this theory (or excuse, more likely) is dependent on whether or not the leash was kept in her bedroom. So do we know where the dog's leash should've been?

I seem to recall a pegboard or rack with many leashes hanging on it, and I thought that was in the dining area maybe. If so, her explanation of him waking her up by coming in her room to leash the dog to take him for a walk, is probably bogus, which we may know, because 1) we now know the dog likely was asleep on the couch, not in her room, and 2) the leash also wasn't in her room - so no reason to go in her room for the purpose of walking the dog!

But maybe there was one specific leash they used and it may have been in her room, AND maybe the dog slept in her room at times, or at least that particular night, so who knows. (Although if that 2nd point is true, did the dog go into her room to sleep that night in particular for any particular reason? Like were there noises of violence or something that scared him or made him uneasy and want to go sleep in his mama's bed that night??)

But all of that is probably moot, because it likely never happened. I feel that SS would've mentioned it if it had, and he didn't. So I think it's more useful to think about what reason JS would've had to make this up. What would she have hoped this story would have covered for or explained away?

But if the leash were kept in her bedroom, then when SS went in there to get it, the dog probably would've followed him thru the door as he opened it, and jumped right up on her bed. So this theory (or excuse, more likely) is dependent on whether or not the leash was kept in her bedroom. So do we know where the dog's leash should've been?
I know where the dog leash used to be stored. By the front door which seems like a logical place to me. :)

1728441381485.png

I know where the dog leash used to be stored. By the front door which seems like a logical place to me. :)

View attachment 536476

Yep, that's what I remember seeing. So if she's saying he had the leash in hand, but came in her room to get the dog, then was the dog sleeping in an atypical spot that night for some reason? Or did it run in there when SS opened the door? But then why did he have to go in at all if leash and dog were both outside the room?

Also, since we know there was a plethora of leashes outside her room, there would've been no reason for him to go in her room to get one, even if he were wanting the leash for something other than for walking the dog, as I think some people have suggested. If he wanted a leash for use w/Maddie for some awful reason, the last thing he would've done is go in JS's room to get one at that moment.

So I still think she made up that part, and I still wonder why.

I'm thinking about the school pick-up and it's been bothering me how JS reacted.

When her daughter did not come out of school, I would think JS would get out of the car line and march into school, asking to speak to the office, teachers, schoolmates etc. about Maddie.

There would be no muddled thinking of "oh, maybe I'll drive around and look for her, maybe she went her grandma's work." I don't find fault with her driving around looking, but the manner and attitude about it is so.....dull.

I am wondering if she was so medicated that she lost all spark completely, that she already knew in advance Maddie wouldn't be there and was just going through the motions of a mom with a lost child, or both.

Speculating, not presenting evidence. Brainstorming and pondering.

jmo
The school pickup story makes no sense. School bell rings at 4:04 pm. JS doesn't see MS come out so she takes off at 4:10pm because she's holding up the line. (After waiting an hour for Maddie jenn waits 6 minutes after the bell to leave?!) But if you look at the way the school pickup area is configured, it's set up so that a vehicle can loop around and get back in line, or they can enter the parking lot and park if it's going to be awhile. Also the pickup lane looks wide enough that a car could potentially go around the car in front of them. Jmo since I don't know the pickup protocol at the school.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241008_193903_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20241008_193903_Maps.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 6
The school pickup story makes no sense. School bell rings at 4:04 pm. JS doesn't see MS come out so she takes off at 4:10pm because she's holding up the line. (After waiting an hour for Maddie jenn waits 6 minutes after the bell to leave?!) But if you look at the way the school pickup area is configured, it's set up so that a vehicle can loop around and get back in line, or they can enter the parking lot and park if it's going to be awhile. Also the pickup lane looks wide enough that a car could potentially go around the car in front of them. Jmo since I don't know the pickup protocol at the school.

I've been wondering about that. I took an adult education class held at a local high school. A lot of times the end of the class coincided with a lot of parents there picking up their kids from band practice or other activities.

The pickup line had a lane that you could pull into if you'd picked up your child to bypass the other cars waiting in line, or if you just happened to be there taking an adult education class and had no one to pick up.

It's difficult to imagine that most schools don't have the equivalent these days.

They have a big dog? I only know about a small dog per their Zillow pics. Do you have pics of it? TIA!

View attachment 536392

Heck, my cat could whoop that dog and she's 15.

you know, I dont even know if it was a big dog, I just heard one of them say Jenn didnt like that the dog knocked maddie over when she was smaller. Maybe they got a new dog since then? Either way, big or small, a dog peeing on the bed is still a dog peeing on the bed, even if its just dribbles from being excited.

Yep, that's what I remember seeing. So if she's saying he had the leash in hand, but came in her room to get the dog, then was the dog sleeping in an atypical spot that night for some reason? Or did it run in there when SS opened the door? But then why did he have to go in at all if leash and dog were both outside the room?

Also, since we know there was a plethora of leashes outside her room, there would've been no reason for him to go in her room to get one, even if he were wanting the leash for something other than for walking the dog, as I think some people have suggested. If he wanted a leash for use w/Maddie for some awful reason, the last thing he would've done is go in JS's room to get one at that moment.

So I still think she made up that part, and I still wonder why.
IMO, it only makes sense, if the dog slept in JS' bed during night. In the morning, they had to take the dog for a walk, because otherwise and if not in time he would have peed into the bed (the peeing got mentioned). Actually it should have been an usual morning ritual and not something new. It seems, JS is the one, who can't sleep alone in a bed?? If the dog slept usually in JS' bed, it should have been no problem with the onleashing by SS all the more. But a fellow member may be quite right: the dog didn't feel ok with nervous SS perhaps. In any case an odd side story, when their teenage girl just got mudered, but was handled like she had disappeared. Only one of the many side stories.

ETA: .... and now: what is the real reason for only one of Maddies croques in JS' bedroom?? Did the dog carry off the one shoe into her room? And they were too stupid to take notice?? Or did the dog carry the one shoe (found in the trash) OUT of JS' bedroom and SS collected it inadvertently from the floor on his way out?

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 11.14.00 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 11.14.00 PM.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7
IMO, it only makes sense, if the dog slept in JS' bed during night. In the morning, they had to take the dog for a walk, because otherwise and if not in time he would have peed into the bed (the peeing got mentioned). Actually it should have been an usual morning ritual and not something new. It seems, JS is the one, who can't sleep alone in a bed?? If the dog slept usually in JS' bed, it should have been no problem with the onleashing by SS all the more. But a fellow member may be quite right: the dog didn't feel ok with nervous SS perhaps. In any case an odd side story, when their teenage girl just got mudered, but was handled like she had disappeared. Only one of the many side stories.

ETA: .... and now: what is the real reason for only one of Maddies croques in JS' bedroom?? Did the dog carry off the one shoe into her room? And they were too stupid to take notice??
In one of those interviews, ( might be the one where you can see her on the couch) the detective asked her, did you get up to ( I cant remember) Ill find that part but she explained. " No I got up because I was worried the dog would pee on the bed, and I told him didnt want to do laundry today and she told the detective this dog is a nervous dog, you have to be nice to him , talk to him,(coax him)

View attachment 536476

oops sorry @Gemmie you already posted the pic, but I'll leave it up so you can look and see if it is her name.

Wouldn't JS question why the dog was in her room if it normally sleeps in the living room on the couch? I know I would.

@AppleTreeGreen, JS said in one interview--I can't remember which one--that she always has her bedroom door cracked open because she has a cat that she lets come in and out. Also it sounded to me as if the dog was sleeping on the bed.

You’re right! The dog was sleeping in her room that night. I still speculate though, of course I could be wrong, that SS was motivated to go into JS’ room because of Maddie’s phone and that he was incidentally used the dog and his excitement over the leash and a potential walk as a cover for what really he was really after.

It appears, according to the document below that Maddie’s phone was taken off the charger, which JS testified she kept in her room, at 7:04 and then powered off at 7:16 AM. It was powered back on again at 10:55 and took a total of 8 then within the Soto household. LE determined that this activity was not caused by Maddie, as it was abnormal compared to her regular phone recorded movements and usage. The only two remaining options who could be responsible for it are Angelica, or more likely SS, since they, like the phone, were the only two home at that home at that time.

While JS was distracted by trying to calm her excited or perhaps skittish dog so she so they could get the leash on him, SS may have used the opportunity to get his hands on Maddie’s phone. (And he probably had no real intention of walking the dog once he was done - but probably used the leash to pull the dog out to make it look like he was knowing JS would fall back asleep anyway and he wouldn’t get caught).

1728451751460.jpeg

@9:43 JS states dog was in her room so I stand corrected @IzzyBlanche

Just my own speculation/ theory
Could be wrong

Last edited:
Lets be real, he came back to the condo at 8:18 went in for 10 minutes , to get his clicker, :rolleyes: and left. There was no dog walking going on.
we can pull up a timeline but jenn said it ( the leash thing) was about 815 ( she assumed) but she also said she heard people in the kitchen ( roommate was gone by 7;45) so what time did he leash that dog.? allegedly :)

I had a theory that while SS tried to silently creep into JS’ room to put Maddie’s phone on the charger he accidentally let the dog slip inside the room too.
Thats possible, I dont know when that dog eats , but the dog dish was in there too.
Jenn did tell the detective that maddi kept her phone on her side of the bed in jenns room usually , as in , when maddi slept there. (in the middle of them) so side? what side? I know she means the side thats not Jenns.

But did jenn not tell the detective that the phone was in maddis makeshift room when she discovered it, and brought it to school with her. she said she probably plugged it in while she was getting ready. ( even tho she didnt see, she has all the answers)

Last edited:
Thats possible, I dont know when that dog eats , but the dog dish was oil there too.
Jenn did tell the detective that maddi kept her phone on her side of the bed in jenns room.
But did jenn not tell the detective that the phone was in maddis makeshift room when she discovered it, and brought it to school with her. she said she probably plugged it in while she was getting ready. ( even tho she didnt see, she has all the answers)
Yeah I was wondering about that too.

I wonder if the 8 steps recorded by the phone could be accounted for by SS, who MOO could have had the phone on him, powering the phone back on at 10:55 and carrying it up the stairs, or whichever part of the house he may have been in, before depositing it on Maddie’s bed?

Just more theory/speculation on my part though - could be off the mark

what do you make of this ?
"Im so glad that this happened or this would have continued to keep happening" 1:18:06

I believe she's a concierge for Disney. It's a new job and she was undergoing training. That'll have to be MOO as for the life of me, I can't find where the source is. One of the vids she was saying how her peers mentioned about her not smiling (due to lack of meds). I know @ttjo has the source! lol
here you go, 6:16

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back