Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm on the fence as to when JS knew as well. It doesn't excuse her behavior as a poor Mother, but I go back and forth on when she actually knew Madeline was deceased. Those LE interviews and her answers and actions are just so bizarre to me. IDK :(

JMO
Yes, she made it easy for people to suspect her because of her non-reactions.

Of course, there is no "right" way to react to horrific news, but her non-reactions are hard to understand and make her unrelatable. That doesn't automatically make her guilty, but it's not surprising people recoil.

And, her decision to send her daughter to sleep with a grown man is inexcusable. I might not think she was involved with the murder, but I still think she knowingly put her daughter in dangerous situations for years, and especially that night. imo

I don't think she was covering up for SS for the murder as much as I think she was a coward avoiding the ugly truth. imo

jmo

Even though I admit that it is entirely possible, one of the main reasons I don’t think JS was involved in Maddie’s murder is because I just don’t think she is smart enough to outwit LE, most people aren’t and like majority of the population, I also don’t think she would have the skill or practicum to avoid any detection or residue that could or would be picked up by forensics.

Also, considering how much JS loves/prioritizes her sleep, in my opinion, if she knew that sadly Maddie was already dead she wouldn’t even had bothered going to her school or drive around just to pretend to ‘search’ for her. She is probably more likely to call Maddie in sick and then spend the afternoon and evening in bed while SS hid her poor daughter’s body and did away with the evidence.

My own speculation, but if they were both involved I could see them, or at least JS, trying to pull something more similar to Casey Anthony where they would lie and give shady excuses about Maddie’s whereabouts for days when her Maddie’s friend or family begin to ask (like oh, she is sick, or we sent her to SS’ parents house or we sent her to father’s house in TX) before ending with ‘she ran away’ as a last ditch effort as people get suspicious about why Maddie has been gone so long and they finally get caught and reported to LE, questioned and arrested.

But this is just my hypothetical
I think, the pick-up from school wasn't her innocent task, but agreed on by the two JS and SS before, to show normal behavior and what a parent would do, when it would be a normal day.
Afterwards, the real big show "Oh my god, my daughter isn't leaving the building!!" would have had to begin.

Last edited:
I think, the pick-up from school wasn't her innocent task, but agreed on by the two JS and SS before, to show normal behavior and what a parent would do, when it would be a normal day.
That part is still a sticking point to me too.

WHEN did JS know something was wrong?

She is so insistent on her own comfort, that I can buy her instance on a routine to pick up Maddie and being first in line. Given who she is, that doesn't seem out of place.

But what happened during the day? How did she interact with SS? Did she think it weird he did the laundry? DID SHE ASK where he had the flat tire?

jmo

She is so insistent on her own comfort, that I can buy her instance on a routine to pick up Maddie and being first in line. Given who she is, that doesn't seem out of place.

But what happened during the day? How did she interact with SS? Did she think it weird he did the laundry? DID SHE ASK where he had the flat tire?

jmo
Didn't she tell, how nice she was sitting at the table for conversation with SS during the morning? After her medical appointment or when did it happen? Time enough to create their statements to police, which had to be 100% ready as soon as they would call Maddie "missing".
I can't imagine, SS in this meeting at the kitchen table saying to her: Sweetie, I killed your daughter by accident last night, sorry. Let us plan, how to never get caught for that little incident. Let us do some brainstorming now.
Rather I would think, JS knew at that point already, because she was involved, Why and how - no idea. MOO

Last edited:
Didn't she tell, how nice she was sitting at the table for conversation with SS during the morning? After her medical appointment or when did it happen? Time enough to create their statements to police, which had to be ready as soon as they would calling Maddie "missing".

When did they have this conversation? He was driving around with Maddie in the car during the day, plus returning "for the clicker," disposing the body, having car trouble, and doing the laundry.

jmo

And, her decision to send her daughter to sleep with a grown man is inexcusable. I might not think she was involved with the murder, but I still think she knowingly put her daughter in dangerous situations for years, and especially that night. imo
You said it exactly. It was dangerous, irresponsible and just instinctually gross. Like how could even continue on to bed or work after seeing a grown man wrapped around your daughter like that? How do you not just throw up or yank your daughter as far as possible from SS after that?

By sight and thought alone, JS had to know that Maddie and SS staying in the same bed at all, whether she is there with them or not, is just plain wrong, inappropriate and detrimental to Maddie’s development and establishment of boundaries and safety. By acquiescing to such a set up, JS potentially caused Maddie to normalize getting in bed with SS and being physically exposed and close to him. How many times has Maddie woken up as she was being molested by him? She likely wasn’t aware yet what consent is yet but she probably learned that it clearly didn’t matter if she said yes or no, especially not to her mother, because as long as she sent to SS’ bed he could take advantage of her.

MOO

Last edited:
I don't think she was covering up for SS for the murder as much as I think she was a coward avoiding the ugly truth. imo

jmo
I agree, I never believed Jenn would be involved in the death of her daughter, especially to hide a pregnancy, If she thought a teen pregnancy would be trouble, what would a murder be?
Let's say she didnt know about the SA until she was given proof ( shown the pictures) and was just guilty o making bad choices.
At the moment you are shown proof ( and potential) motive most people naturally would lean into that, become suspicious. wait for an answer, She did not do that, she went on the defence.
The reason I dont think she was involved in Maddi's murder, is the same reason I cant believe she would protect him after finding this out.
That's the disconnect for me.
It appears like she is protecting something. I know women choose men over kids all the time, but in the face of a murder?
Im not trying to prove she was involved in the murder , I am trying to figure out what she is protecting.
The dr on Nancy grace mentioned maybe shes protective because Jenn didnt want to look like a bad parent?
other possibilities are:
maybe she was aware of the SA , or had suspicions about it and did nothing and has guilt and could be held accountable. Bipolar and jail, would be hell.
Maybe she lied at first and now is just too scared to say anything ( the truth)
Maybe because she made that Saturday call, that set him off and thats what she is covering b/c she blames herself for starting something?
IDK. I just want to understand what she is protecting. Not saying shes guilty of anything criminal either, but there is something to that protection as late as April.

Last edited:
I send my daughter to bed with my lover, who is openly so very proud of being a "stepdad" (if nothing else), and afterwards I wonder, whether I would ever become the poor adult victim of a WA-situation.
How crazy and twisted and hypocritical can one be at all??
This woman seems to be much more evil than SS or at least equal. MOO

I send my daughter to bed with my lover, who is openly so very proud of being a "stepdad" (if nothing else), and afterwards I wonder, whether I would ever become the poor adult victim of a WA-situation.
How crazy and twisted and hypocritical can one be at all??
This woman seems to be much more evil than SS or at least equal. MOO
Exactly. It's like fearing being hit by a car but walking into traffic wearing dark clothes at night.

jmo

jmo
Also, the way J.S. kept saying "we" as in "We dropped her off and ya, that was it." We, we, we

JS is commandeering the whole household, her lover, her daughter, a dog. Who knows, who else: the roommates also? She is using the complete family (maternal plus paternal side) to sit her child and offer housing to her.
She has managed, never to be caught by Children Services, despite many witnesses of what she did/allowed/supported re a very unhealthy environment for her daughter.
She seems smart and scroupelous and full in her element with this layout of her daily life. Everyone is dancing to her tune - for years. If it is helpful, she is the victim of early abuse and is mental so very unstable and dependent on her 100.000 medicines (and dependent on her sleep level and the drugs).
She is commandeering her lover to her home or away from her home, just how it suits her best. She would have a reason for all her decisions, good or bad.

Speculation and my impression.

JS is commandeering the whole household, her lover, her daughter, a dog. Who knows, who else: the roommates also? She is using the complete family (maternal plus paternal side) to sit her child and offer housing to her.
She has managed, never to be caught by Children Services, despite many witnesses of what she did/allowed/supported re a very unhealthy environment for her daughter.
She seems smart and scroupelous and full in her element with this layout of her daily life. Everyone is dancing to her tune - for years. If it is helpful, she is the victim of early abuse and is mental so very unstable and dependent on her 100.000 medicines (and dependent on her sleep level and the drugs).
She is commandeering her lover to her home or away from her home, just how it suits her best. She would have a reason for all her decisions, good or bad.

Speculation and my impression.
I get that; but, she just doesn't seem all that smart...JS doesn't seem(imo) to be the type to be the manipulator. I could totally be wrong, tho. I also don't think the roommate story is very believable....

Last edited:
I get that; but, she just doesn't seem all that smart...JS doesn't seem(imo) to be the type to be the manipulator. I could totally be wrong, tho.
Yeah, I don't think she is all that smart either.

I think she skates by in life, and she likes SS because he stakes by life too, with the absolute minimal amount of interest or effort. I've never seen a couple so lacking in energy, other than to get vapes and meds. If they didn't have parental support on both sides, I suspect they would have been living on the streets. my opinion only

jmo

Yeah, I don't think she is all that smart either.

I think she skates by in life, and she likes SS because he stakes by life too, with the absolute minimal amount of interest or effort. I've never seen a couple so lacking in energy, other than to get vapes and meds. If they didn't have parental support on both sides, I suspect they would have been living on the streets. my opinion only

jmo

They just pretend. In reality, they have their own methods of shaping their lives according to their specific wishes, IMO.

I get that; but, she just doesn't seem all that smart...JS doesn't seem(imo) to be the type to be the manipulator. I could totally be wrong, tho. I also don't think the roommate story is very believable....
It could be that she is not that smart and people around her have fallen into complacency in dealing with her.
Better to just do it yourself than wait on lazy JS to do it. I have seen a couple examples of this in my life. Some kid has a lazy Mom and the community ends up raising them for her while she sits there and uses her illness as a cructh.

When did they have this conversation? He was driving around with Maddie in the car during the day, plus returning "for the clicker," disposing the body, having car trouble, and doing the laundry.

jmo
"We took her to School". I don't think Stern's was alone. That was not Madeline in the church parking lot video. "We". MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy
Back