Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on vacation in FL when Madeline went missing. So I am just now getting caught up with this case. I have only just now watched the interview Madeline's mother and killer gave. Some things that stand out to me, which may or may not be relevant since this is all in hindsight now already knowing of Madeline's demise and who is responsible.

Jennifer's shaking during interview - I could chalk that up to being highly anxious and some people shake their leg when anxious which could make her body appear to be shaking int he manner it was.

Jennifer stated "we" dropped her off a little ways from school because she wanted to walk. We know now that is not accurate, Jennifer was sleeping in and Madeline was already dead with her body being driven around by Stephan. I am curious why Jennifer described the circumstances of the dropping at school the way in which she did initially.

She then goes on to describe Madeline being witnessed walking near the church by the school that morning. I am wondering where she got that info because it is clear in hindsight THAT is also untrue. For those that were here as it was all unfolding, was there a witness who mistakenly identified Madeline as a girl they had seen walking that morning?

Later in the interview she clarifies that she was not the one who took Madeline to school that morning, that it was her "partner".

The shaking returns intermittently throughout the interview.

Even more interesting was the interview with Stephan that followed Jennifer's. His eyes are so red and tearful, I dropped her off, everything looked normal, and that was the last time "we" saw her (he also does the me/we are interchangeable thing). Sniff sniff, it's hard not to blame myself.

Jen has been a lot stronger than me, we don't know where she is, if she's safe, we're just scared, we just want her home. He is overly emotional throughout in what is clear now was an attempt to throw suspicion from himself to some stranger danger. He forgets quite a bit to describe her in the present tense, and refers to how she "was" quite often. She was this, she was that. very telling.

So is/was the body picture posted to Facebook accidentally actually of Maddy's or...?
Not sure, just can't remember now, but I don't think the clothing sounds the same as what was reported Madeline was last seen wearing. Green top?

Whatever SS said she was wearing was probably accurate because he was setting it up that someone else nabbed her. He just took her to school too early and is blaming himself. Yuck. I'd imagine that was his plan. Nabbed her when she went to live in the woods? He thought he was being proactive, I'm guessing. ALL MOO

Last edited:
I was on vacation in FL when Madeline went missing. So I am just now getting caught up with this case. I have only just now watched the interview Madeline's mother and killer gave. Some things that stand out to me, which may or may not be relevant since this is all in hindsight now already knowing of Madeline's demise and who is responsible.

Jennifer's shaking during interview - I could chalk that up to being highly anxious and some people shake their leg when anxious which could make her body appear to be shaking int he manner it was.

Jennifer stated "we" dropped her off a little ways from school because she wanted to walk. We know now that is not accurate, Jennifer was sleeping in and Madeline was already dead with her body being driven around by Stephan. I am curious why Jennifer described the circumstances of the dropping at school the way in which she did initially.

She then goes on to describe Madeline being witnessed walking near the church by the school that morning. I am wondering where she got that info because it is clear in hindsight THAT is also untrue. For those that were here as it was all unfolding, was there a witness who mistakenly identified Madeline as a girl they had seen walking that morning?

Later in the interview she clarifies that she was not the one who took Madeline to school that morning, that it was her "partner".

The shaking returns intermittently throughout the interview.

Even more interesting was the interview with Stephan that followed Jennifer's. His eyes are so red and tearful, I dropped her off, everything looked normal, and that was the last time "we" saw her (he also does the me/we are interchangeable thing). Sniff sniff, it's hard not to blame myself.

Jen has been a lot stronger than me, we don't know where she is, if she's safe, we're just scared, we just want her home. He is overly emotional throughout in what is clear now was an attempt to throw suspicion from himself to some stranger danger. He forgets quite a bit to describe her in the present tense, and refers to how she "was" quite often. She was this, she was that. very telling.
Yup, many of us have the same questions. As for the church sighting, there was grainy surveillance footage that law enforcement thought could have potentially been her. Madeline’s mom said that she had heard about it from her sister, although her sister hadn’t even seen this video (it was apparently described to her).

In her interviews, mom treated this video as if it was definitely Madeline, which is a bit curious.

Yup, many of us have the same questions. As for the church sighting, there was grainy surveillance footage that law enforcement thought could have potentially been her. Madeline’s mom said that she had heard about it from her sister, although her sister hadn’t even seen this video (it was apparently described to her).

In her interviews, mom treated this video as if it was definitely Madeline, which is a bit curious.
What’s odd about that supposed video to me is what’s the chance that SS claims to have dropped her off at the church or near it, and some grainy video of someone walking in that area is available from that same time. ?

The wording of the affidavit doesn't specify that "[BLANK] appeared to be asleep throughout" or something similar, but the wording also doesn't indicate she/the victim was awake.
the affidavit states he is the stepfather??? I would think LE would not make an assumption.

also, the affidavit mentions observed in the video/pics retrieved were different pieces of clothing including patterned underwear, shirts, blankets and sheets. after that, info is redacted. IMO, it is possible this is a description of Madeline's bedding and clothing. the affidavit lists offenses were between 3/2022 and 12/2023. but of course there could be other assaults on Madeline in addition to maybe even another minor after that timeframe which were not filmed/or have pics.

On the day she went missing, Madeline Soto's mother said she did not learn of her daughter's absence until she went to pick her up from school at 4:30 p.m.

Now, one school board member wants the state to make a change. Julius Melendez says parents have been asking for information on the school district's policy on absences.

"For every hour to us, it may seem like nothing, but to a parent who's lost a child, every hour feels like a full day," said Melendez, an Osceola County School Board member in District 2

Hey folks,

These cases are bad enough as it is without dishonouring this young victim's memory with specific speculation that is not based on known fact.

If medical information comes out in the future that supports such speculation, that's different, but there is nothing right now.

On the day she went missing, Madeline Soto's mother said she did not learn of her daughter's absence until she went to pick her up from school at 4:30 p.m.

Now, one school board member wants the state to make a change. Julius Melendez says parents have been asking for information on the school district's policy on absences.

"For every hour to us, it may seem like nothing, but to a parent who's lost a child, every hour feels like a full day," said Melendez, an Osceola County School Board member in District 2

It wouldn't have saved her life here, but an earlier notification system is just good policy.

ETA: “Officials with Osceola County Schools say they notify elementary school parents of absences at 10 a.m., middle school parents at 11 a.m. and high school parents at 5 p.m.”

So was mom notified at that time? Was an attempt made at least?

Last edited:
I guess that SS has been very sick for a long time and been (mostly) pretty good at covering it up.

As LE investigates this further, IMO they will find more and more evidence of his predatory behaviour, he was so sloppy at the end. Maybe overconfident as he had got away with many things for so long.

There also seems to be some premeditation around this happening on her 13th Birthday. In particular the post about wanting to live in the woods when she was 13.

Perhaps this was written by SS pretending to be Madeline as he knew that the truth was about to come out?

Rest in Peace young lady.

Every time I see a comment about Maddie supposedly making a comment about living in the woods when she was 13 it makes me wonder if not only was it SS, but that that was part of his plan. As you all know, she was found in a wooded area. So, if his plan hadn't backfired on him, perhaps he was hoping they'd think she ran away "to live in the woods", and that unfortunately someone saw her out there and killed her before SS and Maddie's mom could go out and find her to bring her home. The whole thing just unraveled so fast I'm sure his head spun.

The body of missing Florida girl Madeline Soto was found in a wooded area Friday afternoon, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said

I guess that SS has been very sick for a long time and been (mostly) pretty good at covering it up.

As LE investigates this further, IMO they will find more and more evidence of his predatory behaviour, he was so sloppy at the end. Maybe overconfident as he had got away with many things for so long.

There also seems to be some premeditation around this happening on her 13th Birthday. In particular the post about wanting to live in the woods when she was 13.

Perhaps this was written by SS pretending to be Madeline as he knew that the truth was about to come out?

Rest in Peace young lady.
Jumping off your birthday remark, this is a bit weird. For his sexual battery on a child under 12 (familial), the offense date is listed as Madeline's birthday 2 years ago, when she would have turned 11. The arrest warrant had a starting date about a month later than that, if I recall.

Charge Status:ARREST Status Date:3/1/2024
Statute:794.011 8c Offense Date:2/22/2022
Arresting Agency:KISSIMMEE POLICE DEPARTMENT OBTS #:4902187171
Case #:24001809
Level/Degree:FELONY LIFE GOC:
Offense Activity: Drug Type:
Weapons: Range:
Amount:
Charge Description:SEXUAL BATTERY VICTIM UNDER 12 YEAR (FAMILIAL)
https://courts.osceolaclerk.com/BenchmarkWeb/CourtCase.aspx/Details/3358587?digest=V95qZYZYuyGWmj7+bDIZkg

the affidavit states he is the stepfather??? I would think LE would not make an assumption.

also, the affidavit mentions observed in the video/pics retrieved were different pieces of clothing including patterned underwear, shirts, blankets and sheets. after that, info is redacted. IMO, it is possible this is a description of Madeline's bedding and clothing. the affidavit lists offenses were between 3/2022 and 12/2023. but of course there could be other assaults on Madeline in addition to maybe even another minor after that timeframe which were not filmed/or have pics.
In my experience, many people get a new phone about every 2 to 3 years. Batteries wear out, tech gets updated, and many carriers offer deals to upgrades out every 2 years. I hope they really go over that home with a fine tooth comb and retrieve any old cell phones as well as computers, laptops, tablets etc this nasty man had.

Jumping off your birthday remark, this is a bit weird. For his sexual battery on a child under 12 (familial), the offense date is listed as Madeline's birthday 2 years ago, when she would have turned 11. The arrest warrant had a starting date about a month later than that, if I recall.

Charge Status:ARRESTStatus Date:3/1/2024
Statute:794.011 8cOffense Date:2/22/2022
Arresting Agency:KISSIMMEE POLICE DEPARTMENTOBTS #:4902187171
Level/Degree:FELONY LIFEGOC:
Offense Activity:Drug Type:
Weapons:Range:
Amount:
https://courts.osceolaclerk.com/BenchmarkWeb/CourtCase.aspx/Details/3358587?digest=V95qZYZYuyGWmj7+bDIZkg
Not from there - would "familial" mean Madeline or someone he is directly related to by birth or by marriage? He and mom were not married that I know of.

Charge Status:ARRESTStatus Date:3/1/2024
Statute:794.011 8cOffense Date:2/22/2022
Arresting Agency:KISSIMMEE POLICE DEPARTMENTOBTS #:4902187171
Level/Degree:FELONY LIFEGOC:
Offense Activity:Drug Type:
Weapons:Range:
Amount:
Well, that's sure one very messed up birthday "present". Not the arrest, but the offense date being her 11th BD. That's beyond disgusting.

Not from there - would "familial" mean Madeline or someone he is directly related to by birth or by marriage? He and mom were not married that I know of.
The law seems to be written to include anyone with familial or custodial authority, which would include babysitters, coaches, step parents, etc. We know his phone depicted the abuse occurring in the house, so all of this fits with Madeline being the victim.

The law seems to be written to include anyone with familial or custodial authority, which would include babysitters, coaches, step parents, etc. We know his phone depicted the abuse occurring in the house, so all of this fits with Madeline being the victim.
This guy is beyond disgusting!! It makes me so angry!!

It wouldn't have saved her life here, but an earlier notification system is just good policy.

ETA: “Officials with Osceola County Schools say they notify elementary school parents of absences at 10 a.m., middle school parents at 11 a.m. and high school parents at 5 p.m.”

So was mom notified at that time? Was an attempt made at least?
Great tech matters in schools. This is an example where strong technology can give parents automated information from the schools who can afford it and successfully implement it. If you’re into this topic - go to a local school board meeting and advocate for best-in-class notification. Districts that run PowerSchool or similar can implement 10 a.m. automated alerts easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971